Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Maybe her original power set, but Rogue's DNA is ever-changing or adapting and she has gone through a lot of changes.

Let's See:

1. Melding of MM Powers
    2. Merging of Skrull girl powers which battles with the MM Kree DNA and makes Rogue have power recall.
    3. Loses her powers completely and then has them jump started by Sage in X-Treme to just absorption.
    4. Rogue perma-absorbs Sunfire
    5. Rogue gets strain 88 and absorbs Hecatomb and 8 billion aliens psyche's giving her a death touch.
    6. Rogue is once again reset to basic absorption by Baby Hope.
    8. Xavier helps give Rogue control over her powers in Legacy.

And there may be precedent set by Mike Carey in Legacy when Rogue absorbs Emplate in while she is in ghost form.

And then that water girl in UA #2, Rogue absorbed her water essence and made a link there.

Not sure what the science would be here and maybe these don't link up. But it kinda shows her changing how she grabs power. So ionic energy or any energy may now be something she can grab onto.
    The easy answer is Marvel are lazy slackers that ignore continuity and just make stuff up as they go along, and expect the fans to rationalize it. It Marvel's job to defend their work not yours.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 07-24-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    The easy answer is Marvel are lazy slackers that ignore continuity and just make stuff up as they go along, and expect the fans to rationalize it. It Marvel's job to defend their work not yours.
    Marvel may indeed be slackers. I do not know. I honestly wasn't defending anyone. I was saying that maybe they went with some of these moments to show her powers are changing. I read the Rogue issues, so for me there is a logic there that maybe others who do not follow Rogue did not see.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate, and say that it's not Marvel's job to point out to you on the page exactly how things fit into continuity. If you've been reading their books, you should know how the pieces fit. As Jen shows, Rogue's powers have evolved since she failed to absorb Wonder Man's powers, and she has displayed the ability to take the powers of non-corporeal individuals, so this particular continuity error doesn't appear to be all that erroneous.

That said, Marvel, and Remender especially, are still **** at continuity
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Don't mean to annoy, but I'm really not satisfied on how Remender decided to (literally) butcher the Celestials.
    They are supposed to be Gods among Gods. They make Odin and other Skyfathers look like flies.
    Last time they showed up the teamwork of Franklin Richards and freaking Galactus was required to defeat them.

And now its just Rogue and Sentry and some hastilly enchanted Plot Device?
    Still buggers me.
    I completely agree. This has been annoying me since the beginning of the arc. There is no way the Apocalypse Twins or anyone else should be able to butcher any Celestial with an enchanted blade or whatever. It's ridiculous.

I've been loving this arc. I feel like there is too much to wrap up in one issue. You have all of Kang's group fighting and then the showdown with Kang without even mentioning what is going to happen with Sentry. I hope that they can give it a satisfying conclusion.

Kang is my favorite villain and I have been waiting for something this awesome with him since Dynasty and Avengers Forever. I hope it doesn't get cut too short.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    I completely agree. This has been annoying me since the beginning of the arc. There is no way the Apocalypse Twins or anyone else should be able to butcher any Celestial with an enchanted blade or whatever. It's ridiculous.
    Uncanny Avengers is a "wouldn't it be cool if" type of series it shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Maybe her original power set, but Rogue's DNA is ever-changing or adapting and she has gone through a lot of changes.

Let's See:

1. Melding of MM Powers
    2. Merging of Skrull girl powers which battles with the MM Kree DNA and makes Rogue have power recall.
    3. Loses her powers completely and then has them jump started by Sage in X-Treme to just absorption.
    4. Rogue perma-absorbs Sunfire
    5. Rogue gets strain 88 and absorbs Hecatomb and 8 billion aliens psyche's giving her a death touch.
    6. Rogue is once again reset to basic absorption by Baby Hope.
    8. Xavier helps give Rogue control over her powers in Legacy.

And there may be precedent set by Mike Carey in Legacy when Rogue absorbs Emplate in while she is in ghost form.

And then that water girl in UA #2, Rogue absorbed her water essence and made a link there.

Not sure what the science would be here and maybe these don't link up. But it kinda shows her changing how she grabs power. So ionic energy or any energy may now be something she can grab onto.
    Jen, I think you are a bit confused. Sage jump started Rogue's Extreme powerset so she could have total control over it. After Rogue was stabbed by Vargus's sword, Rogue's powers left. When they came back, it was never shown how or when they came back nor it was never explained why the powers she got from Carol never return. It was Gambit that Sage jump started to return his powers and again to restore his eyesight. I think Rogue's "just absorption" power somehow returned between the end of X-Treme and being make part of Austin's Abjectiveless.
    Last edited by mikeb; 07-24-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Jen, I think you are a bit confused. Sage jump started Rogue's Extreme powerset so she could have total control over it. After Rogue was stabbed by Vargus's sword, Rogue's powers left. When they came back, it was never shown how or when they came back nor it was never explained why the powers she got from Carol never return. It was Gambit that Sage jump started to return his powers and again to restore his eyesight. I think Rogue's "just absorption" power somehow returned between the end of X-Treme and being make part of Austin's Abjectiveless.
    Thanks for the clarification mikeb. It's been a while since I read Xtreme and Rogue's powers were all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Exactly! Since Kang has absorbed Celestial energy then makes sense to keep using the axe to fight him.
    Yeah, considering that the axe was able to take down Exitar, the Celestial only some of whose energy Kang has absorbed, it should be equally able to take down Kang. Even Celestial-empowered Kang is unlikely to be more powerful than his power source, any more than Korvac was ever more powerful than Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Don't mean to annoy, but I'm really not satisfied on how Remender decided to (literally) butcher the Celestials.
    They are supposed to be Gods among Gods. They make Odin and other Skyfathers look like flies.
    Last time they showed up the teamwork of Franklin Richards and freaking Galactus was required to defeat them.

And now its just Rogue and Sentry and some hastilly enchanted Plot Device?
    Still buggers me.
    Well, not hastily. They've spent a good deal of time setting up Jarnbjorn and its ability to cleave Celestial armor and let out their energies.

It's just that given that Thor applies the enchantment to the axe well before the Fourth Host came to Earth and smacked Odin in the gigantified Destroyer armor around like a redheaded stepchild, what buggers me is why Odin didn't retrieve the axe for use in that encounter. It's not like he was holding back from trying to kill the Celestials, he was pulling out all the stops, so why not this one? Sure, the real why not is because Remender hadn't invented this one at the time, but what was the reason in the context of what Odin was thinking?

Well Rogue is awesome and has an awesome power and Sentry is like ridiculously powered. They were only helping to slow down the celestial while Thor used his godkiller to try to stop him. By the looks of things it is not doing much good. So...
    How so? The Celestial is stopped, it's just that Kang is sucking in its power.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, not hastily. They've spent a good deal of time setting up Jarnbjorn and its ability to cleave Celestial armor and let out their energies.

It's just that given that Thor applies the enchantment to the axe well before the Fourth Host came to Earth and smacked Odin in the gigantified Destroyer armor around like a redheaded stepchild, what buggers me is why Odin didn't retrieve the axe for use in that encounter. It's not like he was holding back from trying to kill the Celestials, he was pulling out all the stops, so why not this one? Sure, the real why not is because Remender hadn't invented this one at the time, but what was the reason in the context of what Odin was thinking?
    Probably that he didn't want to let them know it existed.

As for Sentry, you know, maybe he could burn up the Death Seeds in the Horsemen.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-24-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Probably that he didn't want to let them know it existed.

As for Sentry, you know, maybe he could burn up the Death Seeds in the Horsemen.
    Except Odin got killed by the Fourth Host in that story, his life force driven from the Destroyer armor into limbo. He didn't leave the axe and instructions to use it if he got killed with Thor or anybody else, so what would have been the point of keeping it secret from the Celestials rather than using it against them? Remember, he was in direct combat with them, they were well past the point of talking as far as Odin was concerned.

Unless you think he was privy to the secret plan of Frigga and the other mother goddesses to offer the Celestials the Young Gods as party favors, and figured that letting onto having an effective Celestial-killing weapon would prevent that deal from being accepted... but that still makes no sense, because if that were the case, why risk ticking them off equally badly by attacking them in the Destroyer armor with the Odinsword?

Ultimate Member

More like Remender doesn't give a damn about little things like continuity or previously established characterizations. He'll crowbar them into his story no matter how OOC they have to be in order to do so. His treatment of Rogue in this entire book is exhibit A of that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post

What bothers me is the bottom three panels of Kang smacking around Thor, Acuna clearly has Thor holding the hammer in the first panel, and then the axe in the following two. I'm not one to be nitpicky, but when the same artists is drawing everything in the issue, not to mention side by side panels, how does one screw that up? That just seems stupidly careless. Nevertheless, I've been enjoying the hell out of this series and this is one of the first times I've really loved Acuna's art (besides the aforementioned issue :P )