Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Am I the only who liked THE PREDATOR (2018)? I don't think a lotta critics got the quirky dialogue characters and dialogue. I would love a crazy alternate cut featuring all the crazy day time battles and other stuff (convoy under attack, Nebraska shooting heavy machine gun, Edward james Olmos and additional predators) . I liken the film to Texas Chainsaw massacre part 2. It featured an ambitious, heavily altered script by LM Kit Carson (Paris, Texas!) filled with quirky dialogue and characters. It was hated at first for "ruining" the franchise but has since gained acceptance. I am hoping the predator will do the same. I remember when Predator 2 came out and was unfairly mauled, history repeating, I guess.

SPOILER WARNING - the film ends with a LOT of predator tech falling into human hands. Maybe they can use it to launch a proper AVP3 movie set in space...
    I had to explain this earlier this morning with someone asking how to fix the Predator franchise. Just make another.
    They don't have direct continuity with each other so simply making another is the easiest fix. They might not even have to spend much money on the Predator FX either for a subsequent film seeing as they just have two Predator suits they didn't use in the final product.

You may be right about Predator 2 to The Predator though. Both films ended up getting mauled at release, got accepted over time and occupy a niche space in the franchise. That's very likely to befall The Predator. Ironically they may also have the same issue of overspending though in The Predator that's due to FOX panicking.

Considering Predator 2 led into the AVP franchise I'd find it hilarious if history repeated itself considering there is demand for more crossovers now. I don't know what Predator would crossover with but if Terminator that would be a funny if not bizarre way to get Arnold back.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Suicide Squad

(Except for Leto Joker who was all kinds of awkward)

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Superman Returns is the best Superman movie.
    Don't hear a lot of people say that, but I agree.

Brandon Routh was great as Clark Kent/Superman. I believe Routh as a compassionate being of immense power who would want humanity to be the best that they can be.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Passengers, good scifi. Thought it would be dumber or less interesting. It wasn't either. Good FX as well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dracula Untold. 24 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, 40 percent on metacritic but ... "93 percent of Google Users liked this movie."

I think it may have killed the Universal cinematic universe, but I liked it quite a bit. At the risk of overselling it a bit, the movie was entertaining and tragic while also not taking itself too seriously.

Fantastic Beasts 2. Better than the first one by a country mile, I thought.

Did people not like the gay stuff, maybe? This movie got rid of all the slow stuff that made the first movie drag for me and it got right down to business with the plot and stayed right on point the whole time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.