Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default "No more mutants" MCU idea

Scarlet witch's(616) infamous line in house of M wiped out mutants apparently in the multiversal scale.Is this can be reason for mutants disappearance in MCU for so long?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-05-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There's all sorts of ways to do this. Wanda or Legion or Franklin Richards are extremely useful vectors.

But who knows how ultimately it will happen. A lot of people might not even care, and our theorizing might be pointless, they could just randomly introduce them and probably 90% of the audience would just accept it without a good explanation
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Magicking mutants into existence feels cheap to me. It would also undermine the theme of mutants being an evolutionary vector that will potentially supplant us, as they'd always have a magical origin in the MCU audience's mind.

The easiest method is the Infinity gauntlet bring back more than intended

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Magicking mutants into existence feels cheap to me. It would also undermine the theme of mutants being an evolutionary vector that will potentially supplant us, as they'd always have a magical origin in the MCU audience's mind.
    This is a good point really. It's why the entire thematic basis of the X-Men makes hardly any sense to randomly plop into the MCU.

It's based on like decades of built-up fears and paranoia of Other so it can't just instantly occur without getting rid of everything that makes mutants socially meaningful/provocative
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Scarlet witch's infamous line in house of M wiped out mutants apparently in the multiversal scale.Is this can be reason for mutants disappearance in MCU for so long?
    That has been a popular fan theory. It would also explain why the Maximoff twins don't identify as mutants and it would fit with the comics. But I have a feeling the MCU will go in a different direction. It seems like one of those plots that's too convoluted to transfer into a movie franchise. The MCU tends to prefer more streamlined stories and having an M-Day event would just be too convoluted and require too many retcons. I still like the idea, though.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That has been a popular fan theory. It would also explain why the Maximoff twins don't identify as mutants and it would fit with the comics. But I have a feeling the MCU will go in a different direction. It seems like one of those plots that's too convoluted to transfer into a movie franchise. The MCU tends to prefer more streamlined stories and having an M-Day event would just be too convoluted and require too many retcons. I still like the idea, though.
    I was talking about 616 wanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The easiest method is the Infinity gauntlet bring back more than intended
    Easiest and best are very rarely similar.

Feige hasn't half-assed anything in building up the MCU, and I suspect strongly that properly introducing Mutants is going to take a while and won't even start until 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This is a good point really. It's why the entire thematic basis of the X-Men makes hardly any sense to randomly plop into the MCU.

It's based on like decades of built-up fears and paranoia of Other so it can't just instantly occur without getting rid of everything that makes mutants socially meaningful/provocative
    Agreed. Probably the best way to do it is to have the movie that intros mutants to the larger MCU not play up prejudice against mutants. At worst, the other heroes don't trust the Xavier crew because they've kept their existence a secret (especially if that's paired with the reveal of Magneto and the Brotherhood), something that doesn't last to the end of the first film. The coming of wider prejudice gets teased in the end credits - show Graydon Creed, Kelly, or someone with an agenda to whip up anti-mutant fervor. We've already got the Sokovia Accords in the MCU showing that there is discomfort regarding the lack of superhero oversight. This can segue into "OMFG, now ANYONE can be born with superhuman abilities?" paranoia, which leads into the "with mutants in existence, humanity is doomed" rhetoric. That's something that can be covered in like, the first five minutes of the second movie, then we're good to go with "a world that hates and fears them".
    Last edited by Anduinel; 09-05-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Maybe. And as a result, prof x wiped out the whole world's memories about mutants to protect everyone.

One day the phoenix force comes to earth again, everyone's freaking out, and that's the time for mutants to make an fabulous appearance.

But...uh, no. That will lead to an unpleasant story.
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 09-05-2018 at 05:21 AM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed. Probably the best way to do it is to have the movie that intros mutants to the larger MCU not play up prejudice against mutants. At worst, the other heroes don't trust the Xavier crew because they've kept their existence a secret (especially if that's paired with the reveal of Magneto and the Brotherhood), something that doesn't last to the end of the first film. The coming of wider prejudice gets teased in the end credits - show Graydon Creed, Kelly, or someone with an agenda to whip up anti-mutant fervor. We've already got the Sokovia Accords in the MCU showing that there is discomfort regarding the lack of superhero oversight. This can segue into "OMFG, now ANYONE can be born with superhuman abilities?" paranoia, which leads into the "with mutants in existence, humanity is doomed" rhetoric. That's something that can be covered in like, the first five minutes of the second movie, then we're good to go with "a world that hates and fears them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Maybe. And as a result, prof x wiped out the whole world's memories about mutants.

One day the phoenix force comes to earth again, everyone's freaking out, and that's the time for mutants to make an fabulous appearance.

But...uh, no. That will lead to an unpleasant story.
    Maybe when xavier crew are finally coming out of the shadows & the heroes are learning to trust them,Doom appears in the scene & reveals reed/xavier's paper(science journal) about the existence "Homo sapien superior" to the public.And mass hysteria breaks out.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I was talking about 616 wanda.
    616 Wanda's spell didn't affect other realities.

It's possible that they could pull something like this for the MCU though, but we'll see.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It already seems like they are going for a soft-reboot with Avengers 4 via time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Easiest and best are very rarely similar.

Feige hasn't half-assed anything in building up the MCU, and I suspect strongly that properly introducing Mutants is going to take a while and won't even start until 2020.
    Actually, he has skipped over Spider-Man’s origin. I would imagine he would want to skip plot points covered by the First Class trilogy such as Mutants being discovered.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-05-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Actually, he has skipped over Spider-Man’s origin. I would imagine he would want to skip plot points covered by the First Class trilogy such as Mutants being discovered.
    That's assuming the Fox movies are still considered canon, though. At this point, Spidey is probably up there with Superman and Batman for familiarity of origin stories - everyone and their dog knows he was bitten by a radioactive spider, they probably don't need the exact details. Depending on what direction Marvel decides to go with the mutants and how they slot into the MCU, a new origin story may be a necessity.

BANNED

I think anything resembling "a whole, completely developed Mutant universe has been there all along, just hidden away" is most definitely not happening.