Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Kinda hoping Magneto is the first mutant we see onscreen in the MCU. Just have him appear out of the shadows with Pietro and say to Wanda everything she’s been told up to this point has been a lie, and seeing Pietro convinces her to go off with the two of them and eventually start the brotherhood. It can be sorta like an end of movie cliffhanger. Then they can introduce mutants as an underground phenomena, no silly explanations or IF meddling needed that would cheapen the franchise imo...
    But pietro is dead.I don't thing they will bring him back like uncle ben.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Does it matter? Ang Lee handled the Hulk origin poorly in most people’s eyes and Marvel still didn’t really bother with redoing it.
    Ang Lee's movie was a masterpiece. Next question.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ang Lee's movie was a masterpiece. Next question.
    It was a masterpiece to general audience?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I said in another thread if it was me in charge I would say that mutants start popping up whenever "strange" energy is released on Earth as sort of a reaction which triggers the x-gene to kick in. Magneto could have come about because of the Red Skull and Zola messing with the Teseract and has been in the shadows all these years. Xavier could be around for a while but has kept a low profile trying to figure out what mutants are and what causes them. The big tipping point would be all the "strange" energy being released in the last 10 years all over the Marvel U. Things like the Infinity Stones being used by SHIELD and Loki to Strange using the Time Stone in such a big way. Add in things like Thor opening bifrost bridges, Loki opening up giant warp gates in the sky, Ultron created crazy engines big enough to raise a giant land mass and all the "strange" energy disperesed all over the world had hit the tipping point and the x-gene kicks into high gear.

Xavier and Magneto have both been quietly gathering new mutants for the last 5 or 6 years and teaching them in secret until something forces them toe reveal themselves in the present day. Be it Magneto deciding he is tired of hiding or a mega powerful mutant activating (someone like a Proteus) and them both rushing out to get him and the public getting a good look at them for the first time.

It was a masterpiece to general audience?
    The masses are fools. Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I said in another thread if it was me in charge I would say that mutants start popping up whenever "strange" energy is released on Earth as sort of a reaction which triggers the x-gene to kick in.
    Personally, I loved the idea explored in Earth X that everyone on earth is a potential mutant, and that the Celestials put the x-gene on earth to protect the baby Celestial incubating inside the planet(mutants are like anti-bodies protecting the cell)! That shit was genius. Also interesting that they had the Terrigen Mist dispersed globally, a female Thor, and a fascist telepathic Red Skull in that series. Man, was modern Marvel just ripping that series off piece-meal?

Personally, I loved the idea explored in Earth X that everyone on earth is a potential mutant, and that the Celestials put the x-gene on earth to protect the baby Celestial incubating inside the planet(mutants are like anti-bodies protecting the cell)! That shit was genius.
    Yeah it was soooooo grand, you know? And it was the kind of reveal that once read, felt like a self-realization... like it was something we all already knew, and made perfect sense. Heroes ARE antibodies.

Wasn't a big fan of the followups Universe and Paradise tho, especially for the nonsense they produced with regard to the various villains being brainwashed x-men.

Also interesting that they had the Terrigen Mist dispersed globally, a female Thor, and a fascist telepathic Red Skull in that series. Man, was modern Marvel just ripping that series off piece-meal?
    I'm actually surprised they didn't let it become the Bible of the Marvel Universe. You wouldn't need to lean into slowly revealing everything Earth X prescribed, but the highlights, like the Celestial programming making Inhumans, Eternals and mutants all the same thing... the Celestial fetus inside Earth... The nature of Vibranium as Celestial armor... but we've since written those notions into the bin.

BANNED

The fact that mutants are a new thing and the formation of the X-Men are scenarios we have seen before.
    As a period piece in the sixties. In a universe without other supers in it. So no, we haven't really seen it.

BANNED

Does it matter? Ang Lee handled the Hulk origin poorly in most people’s eyes and Marvel still didn’t really bother with redoing it.
    Yes. You can tell Hulk stories without having to do the origin, but adding an entire Mutant species to your very developed setting requires a bit more world building than "and then they suddenly came out of hiding, having existed the entire time".

And I don't think they're going to get an origin movie as such. I think Mutants being a thing that is new, and the reaction to this, is going to be developed throughout Phase 4. With X-Men 1 with the team first being formed kicking off Phase 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    As a period piece in the sixties. In a universe without other supers in it. So no, we haven't really seen it.
    And Spider-Man’s and Hulk’s origins were told in a world without other supers.

And Spider-Man’s and Hulk’s origins were told in a world without other supers.
    They are random science experiments, not a whole sub-species of humanity. We'll need answers.

Yes. You can tell Hulk stories without having to do the origin, but adding an entire Mutant species to your very developed setting requires a bit more world building than "and then they suddenly came out of hiding, having existed the entire time".

And I don't think they're going to get an origin movie as such. I think Mutants being a thing that is new, and the reaction to this, is going to be developed throughout Phase 4. With X-Men 1 with the team first being formed kicking off Phase 5.
    I don’t think they will do the whole hiding thing either because it’s repetitive both as an MCU and X-Men film. In addition to ruining what the X-Men stand for.

I said it in the first page that it seems like they are soft reboot with Avengers 4 and altering history. Just take advantage of that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    616 Wanda's spell didn't affect other realities.

It's possible that they could pull something like this for the MCU though, but we'll see.
    Hmmm I thought it did?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hmmm I thought it did?
    It did. Not all realities, but it was rippling across the multiverse.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This could be cool to see depending how they do it. Making the discovery of and reaction towards mutants be kind of a subplot explored at various degrees throughout phase 4 that eventually leads to X-Men either ending the phase or kicking off the next one.