Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Scarlet witch's(616) infamous line in house of M wiped out mutants apparently in the multiversal scale.Is this can be reason for mutants disappearance in MCU for so long?
    Honestly, I kind of like this idea. The idea that the Marvel movie universe everyone has been invested in since the first "Iron Man" film ISN'T the real universe would be a pretty cool twist. Could even account for why the Fantastic Four is also missing from the MCU.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Honestly, I kind of like this idea. The idea that the Marvel movie universe everyone has been invested in since the first "Iron Man" film ISN'T the real universe would be a pretty cool twist. Could even account for why the Fantastic Four is also missing from the MCU.
    I reckon it would go over with the audience about as well as "the Peter Parker we've been following all these years isn't actually Peter Parker but a clone".

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Why not be MCU Wanda instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I reckon it would go over with the audience about as well as "the Peter Parker we've been following all these years isn't actually Peter Parker but a clone".
    Except the characters are still the same. A better comparison would be a DC Crisis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Except the characters are still the same. A better comparison would be a DC Crisis.
    People are even now still bitching about what DC did to their old pre-Crisis universe and its Earth 2.

Also, "Peter parker is still the same guy" was an actual argument used to defend the Clone debacle.

As a rule, people don't like it when they mess with the stuff they like to make it more like the stuff they are meh about at best.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-06-2018 at 06:13 AM.

People are even now still bitching about what DC did to their old pre-Crisis universe and its Earth 2.

Also, "Peter parker is still the same guy" was an actual argument used to defend the Clone debacle.

As a rule, people don't like it when they mess with the stuff they like to make it more like the stuff they are meh about at best.
    Really? Because I don’t think most readers were around for that.

Difference is it wouldn’t be changing who the characters were but history. The characters are still the real deal.

BANNED

Difference is it wouldn’t be changing who the characters were but history.
    That's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The easiest method is the Infinity gauntlet bring back more than intended
    Last credible rumor I read (because it was from the same source that nailed all of IW) was that one of the unintended consequences of Thanos wiping out half of existence is that it triggers the X gene.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It is a very good question. How will they do it? What I would do, would be to modify the Ultimate universe mutant origins.

During WW2, Captain America and the Howling Commandos liberate a concentration camp. However, this camp is different. It's filled with people from all over the world. Hydra was doing genetic experiments. Trying to replicate the super soldier serum. They kidnapped British scientist Dr. Herbert Wyndham (The High Evolutionary) and had him run the experiments. When interrogated afterward, Wyndham discovered a genetic trait in certain people. A gene that he theorized could lead to the next step of human evolution. He then helped these people "evolve". Few X genes became active while the others remained in a semi-active state. It would be these semi-active X genes that would carry on to their children. Eventually through the generations, mutants begin to appear.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think the easiest thing for Marvel to do would be use the end of the Avengers 4 to have a energy pulse wave (as others have mentioned) be released on Earth that affects a population of the planet that triggers a latent extra chromosome. As that pulse leaves Earth's atmosphere it also knocks a test flight out of orbit and sends the ship of 4 towards some remnant cosmic energy from a previous attack in the movie. Boom, you have both the origin of mutants and the FF all nicely packaged in and ready for phase 5 without the need of actors in place just yet.

I personally dislike the use of the Ultimate Universe mutant origins, as this gives credence to the "anyone could be a mutant" after the pulse, vs the experiment stuff. But that's just me.

That's the same thing.
    So is the Xavier in Logan is not seen as the same character from the original trilogy?

BANNED

So is the Xavier in Logan is not seen as the same character from the original trilogy?
    I have not the foggiest notion if he is supposed to be or not. And neither did James Mangold, from what I read. I don't even try to keep Fox's continuity BS straight anymore. I now consider each and every X-movie as completely stand-alone.

Logan pretty much is in its own little world anyway.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Supposedly yes. From the end of Days of Future Past it appears the timeline moves forward and ends with Logan. Hints of the Essex Corp were in Apocalypse, which ultimately play out in Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hints of the Essex Corp were in Apocalypse, which ultimately play out in Logan.
    More of a coincidence than something that was actually planned.

More of a coincidence than something that was actually planned.
    Not according to the filmmakers.

BANNED

Not according to the filmmakers.
    Depends which film maker you ask.