Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I noticed the hair first but the SECOND EYE was all I could think about after that.
    It's a nice eye.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think it would have to top BP. I mean damn BP the highest grossing solo of all time and killed the critics and MCU won't give him that title so it's kinda like a wtf moment. Also this doesn't seem to have the same buzz as WW trailer. She did have the advantage of a killer cameo in BvS tho.
    Ahh, naah. I'd like it too (and hopefully the movie would deserve that money) but I don't think it's touching BP money. But to be fair I don't see any solos hitting those numbers for awhile.

I think from here on before the second trailer Marvel should put those marketing muscles to work, because you know how people say no one knew X before X movie? I feel like that notion rings truest with Carol.

I'm not quite sure about Box Office terminology but I feel domestically it will rack $432-$551 mil. Worldwide (which i'm guessing means overall) $720-$801 mil.

It's not exactly precise, but the air smells very vague right now in terms of people's receptions so I can't pinpoint a more solid prediciton.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Thor made 449 worldwide and 181 domestic. I'll be surprised if CM doesn't make Doctor Strange's domestic numbers (232) or more and worldwide between 650 - 750.
    Yeah I could see it doing DRS numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    It's a nice eye.

Ahh, naah. I'd like it too (and hopefully the movie would deserve that money) but I don't think it's touching BP money. But to be fair I don't see any solos hitting those numbers for awhile.

I think from here on before the second trailer Marvel should put those marketing muscles to work, because you know how people say no one knew X before X movie? I feel like that notion rings truest with Carol.

I'm not quite sure about Box Office terminology but I feel domestically it will rack $432-$551 mil. Worldwide (which i'm guessing means overall) $720-$801 mil.

It's not exactly precise, but the air smells very vague right now in terms of people's receptions so I can't pinpoint a more solid prediciton.
    Eh I can't see it doing 400 domestic unless the Avengers show up but anything is possible.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I didn't really like the music in the trailer. The trailer itself was not bad, but the music just kind took me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh I can't see it doing 400 domestic unless the Avengers show up but anything is possible.
    I understand that, I just looked up BP's domestic and it was $700 and some change. So going off of that, hmm. I don't know why, but I feel like it would make a bit more than $330. Ok, I'll stick to my shamanistic guess of around $330 domestic and around $400 international. I just feel like China will go in on this.

BUT
    This has to hit harder than Strange thoo, given the context behind her presence. $760 overall is my final answer!

Do we know it's budget?

Awhhhh snap.

As someone who liked the helmet in some instances, I am pleased.

Small nitpick, her hair in the 90s is very much a 2018 hairdo. But I might let it slide since she was in space. lol
    I really should've seen that Blockbuster joke coming .

So not only does every modern female-led Superhero movie have to be a prequel, but they also have to have the lead end up as a fish out of water. Is that Carol on Earth for the first time or her entering into Man's World? Does that make Nick Fury Steve Trevor?

I guess that explains how Carol ended up with the Kree. She was basically abducted, experimented on, and brainwashed.

I'm kind of surprised by Brie Larson's voice for Carol. It sounds a lot softer and younger compared to the voice Carol is usually depicted with. I wonder how much of her personality the Kree may have hidden away ?

I love how Carol punches an old woman. That's the kind of hilarious situations you get when you deal with the Skrulls.

There's one scene of Carol clenching her fist in a red glove while facing off against Jude Law's character. I wonder if he ends up becoming an antagonist?

Wow, they actually made the Captain Marvel helmet look cool .

BANNED

I think your WW number is pretty close, but I suspect domestic numbers will be closer to $300 million.

A lot, I believe, will depend on whether it is successfully positioned as a valid precursor to Avengers: Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised by Brie Larson's voice for Carol. It sounds a lot softer and younger compared to the voice Carol is usually depicted with. I wonder how much of her personality the Kree may have hidden away ?
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that. That also explains a subconscious reason as to why I wanted Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron on top choices other than their looks and acting prowess.

There's one scene of Carol clenching her fist in a red glove while facing off against Jude Law's character. I wonder if he ends up becoming an antagonist?
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 10.55.39 AM.jpg

Yea, see I was thinking it's either a Skrull or Jude Law. I think it's Jude, but I'm hoping it was a skrull because then that would mean they would dawn the dope armor as seen in their concept art. Even if it isn't here's hoping they still do.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think your WW number is pretty close, but I suspect domestic numbers will be closer to $300 million.

A lot, I believe, will depend on whether it is successfully positioned as a valid precursor to Avengers: Endgame
    Mm, that's what it is. WW farther outweighing domestic, as opposed to them coming close to each other in earnings.

Extraordinary Member

I understand that, I just looked up BP's domestic and it was $700 and some change. So going off of that, hmm. I don't know why, but I feel like it would make a bit more than $330. Ok, I'll stick to my shamanistic guess of around $330 domestic and around $400 international. I just feel like China will go in on this.

BUT
    This has to hit harder than Strange thoo, given the context behind her presence. $760 overall is my final answer!

Do we know it's budget?
    Budget is said to be 152 mil which is pretty good. It's def not gonna lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As Rincewind said, how many times people have speculated that an MCU movie will flop? At some point, it just becomes hilarious.(by the way, it's clear these guys aren't making some educated guess. They're just hoping to see an MCU movie flop) I mean, if you say it'll underperform, then maybe I can get behind that. But flop? And a "really bad" flop at that? Yeah, no. Ain't gonna happen.
    I don't think it's gonna flop but come on man nothing is a guarantee just because the MCU has been super successful so far doesn't mean it's going to be forever things happen movies flop or under perform nothing is a sure thing.

Astonishing Member

I'm going with 185-215M domestic and 350-400M foreign. Can't see it make more than WW overseas and don't think it can beat Doctor Strange's domestic. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but can't see it make more than 650M tops worldwide. Don't think it will flop but hope it's not a generic action movie either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think it's gonna flop but come on man nothing is a guarantee just because the MCU has been super successful so far doesn't mean it's going to be forever things happen movies flop or under perform nothing is a sure thing.
    Nothing will go on forever, but this is not gonna bee the one to fail.

Astonishing Member

The MCU has only one flop so far and that was the Incredible Hulk during phase one. There will be more in the future. Can't be having only hits.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Nothing will go on forever, but this is not gonna bee the one to fail.
    Ya I really don't think so either but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The MCU has only one flop so far and that was the Incredible Hulk during phase one. There will be more in the future. Can't be having only hits.
    The hulk really wasn't a flop.