Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

so by 90-something she is part of Kree Starforce, how much time did she spend in the US Air Force before she joined up with her Kree allies? How old is she by the time the movie's events take place?

Fantastic Member

I'm afraid this'll flop really bad

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Doubt it will flop but it def won't do the numbers to live up the hype of "new face of the MCU."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so by 90-something she is part of Kree Starforce, how much time did she spend in the US Air Force before she joined up with her Kree allies? How old is she by the time the movie's events take place?
    Brie Larson is 28 so Carol could easily be around that and have served in the US Air Force. We don't yet know her rank, although it would presumably be Captain, but she may have accomplished most of that before she was abducted from Earth or whatever. In those terms, she seems to be suffering from mild amnesia and most of the "life" she believes she's spent with Starforce may have been fabricated, meaning several months would be years of implanted memories. Long story short, Carol's story seems a bit unsteady because who knows what memories are hers and which aren't.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It'll do fine. I'm sure she's gonna have a good presence in the A4 trailers so I'm sure that'll give her movie a nice boost.

^ That's true too, great point.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Doubt it will flop but it def won't do the numbers to live up the hype of "new face of the MCU."
    What numbers would you guess would merit that?

Weird scale here, but I think it will do better than Strange, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and possibly better than Guardians vol 2 financially. I also feel overall reception, buzz and post theater lasting effect on the public may be better than Wonder Women as well.

*rolling on the floor laughing* Oh man, that was hilarious.
    Yeah, I think so too. I suppose their target must be $700 M+ the way they're talking about it. Which isn't exactly impossible for MCU to do, but even for them, it's not that easy either.

But then again, BP was a bigger hit than anyone's wildest speculation. Not many people thought that Infinity War would crack $2 Bn. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-18-2018 at 08:47 AM.

It's feels eerie that's all. Been there, done that. Imagine if this was the first MCU X-men trailer, And I am not naïve to guess it will look something like this. What we will all be saying? been there, done that, done better in the past. MCU just can't offer anything new or different.

Incredible Member

Not liking the helmet Mohawk it looked horrible in the comics it looks bad here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *rolling on the floor laughing* Oh man, that was hilarious.
    You seem so sure it won't, are you Nostradamus?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    1. The same predictions of a flop were made before Captain America, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther.
    2. The MCU is in the midst of their most successful year, with next year looking even bigger.
    3. Captain Marvel was teased at the end of Infinity War, and will be part of Avengers 4.

Based on these, some people may feel prediction of a flop are not realistic.

How do you think it will perform?

Niffleheim

If it turns out to be a mediocre or just a good movie Marvel Studio's reputation of turning out middling movies will cushion it from flopping. The messaging for both the release dates of the trailer and the movie will create momentum for it even if it turns out not to be just mediocre.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-18-2018 at 10:30 AM.

As Rincewind said, how many times people have speculated that an MCU movie will flop? At some point, it just becomes hilarious.(by the way, it's clear these guys aren't making some educated guess. They're just hoping to see an MCU movie flop) I mean, if you say it'll underperform, then maybe I can get behind that. But flop? And a "really bad" flop at that? Yeah, no. Ain't gonna happen.

Nick has 2 eyes. That was my only takeaway from the trailer.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nick has 2 eyes. That was my only takeaway from the trailer.
    He has hair as well, c'mon you're slacking.