Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Her punching granny skrull was clearly the best idea they had for the trailer. The gif is all over the place already. Perfect marketing

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Her punching granny skrull was clearly the best idea they had for the trailer. The gif is all over the place already. Perfect marketing
    One twitter post: "Hello my CV is now just this #CaptainMarvel gif"

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nick has 2 eyes. That was my only takeaway from the trailer.
    which means he loses an eye between the 90's and 2008 (IM 1).

Will he lose it in Captain Marvel?

we are used to always seeing him with an eye patch, thru the history of comics. So...this is actually a big-ish deal, kind of, sort of.

Trailer was decent, a bit generic.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post

we are used to always seeing him with an eye patch, thru the history of comics. So...this is actually a big-ish deal, kind of, sort of.
    He had both eyes originally, back when he was Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    He has hair as well, c'mon you're slacking.
    I noticed the hair first but the SECOND EYE was all I could think about after that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if he loses it in this movie or a sequel (if said sequel is period piece, too).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    ^ That's true too, great point.

What numbers would you guess would merit that?

Weird scale here, but I think it will do better than Strange, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and possibly better than Guardians vol 2 financially. I also feel overall reception, buzz and post theater lasting effect on the public may be better than Wonder Women as well.
    I think it would have to top BP. I mean damn BP the highest grossing solo of all time and killed the critics and MCU won't give him that title so it's kinda like a wtf moment. Also this doesn't seem to have the same buzz as WW trailer. She did have the advantage of a killer cameo in BvS tho.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Fury is definitely losing an eye by the end of Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *rolling on the floor laughing* Oh man, that was hilarious.

Yeah, I think so too. I suppose their target must be $700 M+ the way they're talking about it. Which isn't exactly impossible for MCU to do, but even for them, it's not that easy either.

But then again, BP was a bigger hit than anyone's wildest speculation. Not many people thought that Infinity War would crack $2 Bn. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Doubtful it will do as well as BP. I'm thinking more a long the line of the first Cap and Thor movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    It's feels eerie that's all. Been there, done that. Imagine if this was the first MCU X-men trailer, And I am not naïve to guess it will look something like this. What we will all be saying? been there, done that, done better in the past. MCU just can't offer anything new or different.
    Not sure about that. Marvel does have a large stable of chars they can drop into a established universe. X-men interacting with Avengers or GOTG ppl haven't seen that yet. X-men 2 was the best imo but the others have been a little disjointed. Even tho I really liked DOFP and Apoc.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-18-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Fury is definitely losing an eye by the end of Captain Marvel
    He had both eyes in a picture with Alexander Pierce in Winter Solider which was supposed to be from the late 90's, so if they stick to continuity he shouldn't.

I have mixed feelings about this trailer. Teasers where you have a new character introduced need to focus on that character and who she is, but the feel is a little all over. That said it might be the intention here. I tend to find first full trailers do much better. But with the effort to stop her being too much like Green Lantern I worry they might have risked fragmenting her origins in the process. Brie's acting doesn't especially get enough focus here, which given how she is liable to be the new overseer of the Avengers once Avengers 4 is done is... a little worrying?

Still, I'm excited to see it, if only (as I fear many also are) for Fury and Coulson and Skrulls and setting up some sweet Secret Invasion goodness. But I hope it sets a good trend for female heroes in Marvel. And the costume kicks ass.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Doubtful it will do as well as BP. I'm thinking more a long the line of the first Cap and Thor movies.
    Ant man 2 just did 610M WW

There’s not a chance Capt Marvel is only gonna do 300-400M

Niffleheim

That's impossible. The 1st Cap and Thor made 370 and 449 resp. - there is no way in hell that Captain Marvel is making those kind of low figures. Marvel Movies' worldwide numbers falls between 600-850 now depending the character.

Extraordinary Member

I'm speaking domestically. antman and wasp did 215 domestic, Ragnarok did 315 I don't think Marvel is doing ragnarok numbers.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-18-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Niffleheim

I'm speaking domestically. antman and wasp did 215 domestic I dont think 449 is low for a movie.
    Thor made 449 worldwide and 181 domestic. I'll be surprised if CM doesn't make Doctor Strange's domestic numbers (232) or more and worldwide between 650 - 750.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-18-2018 at 03:52 PM.