View Poll Results: Which DC Match-up did you read first?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman & Tweety + Sylvester

0 0%
  • Lex Luthor & Porky Pig

0 0%
  • Joker & Daffy Duck

0 0%
  • Harley Quinn & Gossamer

0 0%
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Default Dc Match-ups: which did ya

I'm posting this here, 'cause it strikes me, as a indies guy, that Image has that indy sensibility, & Image readers might just've tried these out; sort of the DC Indy comics..?
    For those who got several of the DC Match-up titles, Catwoman/Tweety, Lex/Porky, Joker/Daffy, and Harley/Gossamer,
    which did you choose to read first? [I'd like to make a poll, when I figure out how.] Those of you who chose to get just one or two, which, and how’d you choose?

For me, for me, it was in-disputably Joker v. Daffy, first choice, because there’re these two crazy guys, see--.

I get the idea is making it look Realistic, but I still think it’s funnier to see the WB characters look like toons, running round realistic Gotham. It detracts from them, not to be seen as (ahem) they really are.

Catwoman/Tweety, my next. I like the cover.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I'm posting this here, 'cause it strikes me, as a indies guy, that Image has that indy sensibility, & Image readers might just've tried these out; sort of the DC Indy comics..?
    For those who got several of the DC Match-up titles, Catwoman/Tweety, Lex/Porky, Joker/Daffy, and Harley/Gossamer,
    which did you choose to read first? [I'd like to make a poll, when I figure out how.] Those of you who chose to get just one or two, which, and how’d you choose?

For me, for me, it was in-disputably Joker v. Daffy, first choice, because there’re these two crazy guys, see--.

I get the idea is making it look Realistic, but I still think it’s funnier to see the WB characters look like toons, running round realistic Gotham. It detracts from them, not to be seen as (ahem) they really are.

Catwoman/Tweety, my next. I like the cover.
    I haven't read any of them myself but from the Podcasts I listen to have liked Lex/Porky has been the most popular. But they're all suckers for Russell's work. I've never read any of his stuff myself because I just don't read DC.
    Last edited by sven; 09-06-2018 at 10:11 AM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

So far: Joker v. Daffy was disappointing in that Daffy shoulda mopped the floor with Joker, and here was merely frightened into partnering with him. Not the Little Black Duck *I'M* accustomed to seeing, no sirree bob! Catwoman/Tweety & Sylvester was interesting, by virtue of pitting (nearly?) every cat-themed DC character against (nearly?) every bird-themed DC character, but it hung on a creaky plot-device to bring them all together, and a bogus world-ending threat-averted plot-line. Harley/Gossamer has been my favorite so far (with Lex/Porky yet unread), both characters on the same side, basically a romp through Gotham with typical Harley silliness.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet