Default Best Way to Buy Comics Digitally?

I've recently made the decision to switch to digital comics. One of my longtime hangups about them was the fear that the service that I bought them from would be discontinued and I would lose access to the years worth of books I had bought. So a couple questions? Is this an unfounded fear? If I am worried about such a scenario, am I better off purchasing books directly through each publisher's store (i.e. the DC App) or through Comixology? Does it make a difference?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've bought comics through Marvel's site and comixology. They frequently have good sales, even on digital versions of TPBs. The good thing about the Marvel site is you could also get a sub to Marvel digital Unlimited if you want to go that route. There you literally have thousands of comics that you would have access to, going back to Marvel's golden age stuff on Captain America should you choose to look those over.

Extraordinary Member

Comixology is wonderfully cheap and expansive.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Comixology is wonderfully cheap and expansive.
    Their reader is pretty good too. Doesn't Marvel and the other major companies have some kind of business alliance with them? I notice they have their sales at the same time.