View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aphrodite IX: Ares [one-shot]

0 0%
  • Black Science #38

0 0%
  • Bully Wars #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Eclipse #10

1 10.00%
  • The Last Siege #4 (of 8)

0 0%
  • Outpost Zero #3

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #24

4 40.00%
  • Perdy, volume 1 [graphic novel series premiere]

0 0%
  • Snotgirl #11

3 30.00%
  • Spawn #289

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #38

1 10.00%
  • Thief of Thieves #40

1 10.00%
  • Unnatural #3 (of 12)

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #183

0 0%
  • Other - Dead Hand #6, New Lieutenants of Metal #3 (of 4), Leviathan #2, Paradiso #7

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #36 - Bully Wars, Perdy and Aphrodite IX Ares are new

To compensate for last week's relatively light amount of content, Image is opening the floodgates this time!

Last week's phttps://community.cbr.com/showthread...erything-nice!oll ended at a draw... At a grand total of two votes haha. But hey, elections are drew and won by single votes sometimes, so congrats to Isola and Wayward!

So what's pouring through those floodgates? Twisted Romance, the weekly February romance series, is getting collected this week. Black Science is ending its current storyline, as does Dead Hand, The Last Siege reaches its half-way point, New Lieutenants of Metal releases its penultimate issue, and Snotgirl is back for a new storyline!

New this week?

1. Bully Wars is a new series by Skottie Young (Deadpool, I Hate Fairyland, Rocket Raccoon) and Aaron Conley (Rocket Raccoon & Groot). This is sort of like Battle Royale or The Hunger Games on the schoolyard, with former bully Rufus suddenly losing his position atop the food chain. Now he's amongst the kids he bullied himself; karmic justice? Looks very colourful and it'll probably have good jokes with this creative team!

2. Aphrodite IX: Ares is a one-shot of particular interest to our forum, as it's filled with work from the Top Cow 2018 Talent Hunt! Sick cover too!

3. Perdy is a new graphic novel, looking to start a series, about a lady cowgirl with two interests: robbing banks and getting laid.

317771.jpg 317790.jpg 315262.jpg

Serious question here.

If I'm only getting one Image book during the week, is voting for it fair?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

For the first time I felt like Stray Bullets failed me: didn't engage me, didn't enlighten me, didn't, most of all, frighten me.
    Very cool experiment; first of its kind in, what, 80-some? issues. But still....
    So I voted Thief of Thieves, which, while not what it once was, is still pretty damn good.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Voted for Snotgirl, as usual really. Weird little series that never really does what I'd like them to do, but it's still undeniable quality artwork and sharp dialogues. I think I would have preferred this series to be more in the Clueless realm of low-stakes, high-energy comedy than the rather dark undertones found in Snotgirl, but it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Serious question here.

If I'm only getting one Image book during the week, is voting for it fair?
    Absolutely! Who has the time, money, interest, etc. to read several titles every week? Heck I don't even mind if people just vote for the ones that look cool or interesting. In the past people have voted for stuff they bought but didn't read yet too, it's totally fine!

These threads are mostly just meant to have a weekly discussion outlet for Image titles, especially the ones which don't have active threads of themselves. People have used these to recommend other indies, and even DC/Marvel titles with, shall we say, 'indie sensibilities' haha. There's no prizes beyond a bolded mention in next week's thread anyway.

Incredible Member

Where is snotgirl up to storywise. I missed issues 7-10 and dont get my books for another few weeks

Eclipse and Aphrodite were both solid