Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Captain America #3

Coates and Yu continue what's shaping up to be a very fine run with Captain America #3.

In brief, this issue sees T'Challa aiding Steve in digging deeper into what's up with Power Enterprises.

When Hydra collapsed, PE stepped in where Hydra had established footholds and kept the middle American communities that Hydra brought back to life thriving.

T'Challa's interest in this relates to the involvement of Zeke Stane. He believes that the bioengineer is the one producing the new wave of Nukes. Wakandan intelligence also says that Stane has ties to Washington. Steve wants to find out who Stane's handlers are.

T'Challa, Okoye, and Steve discover a lab beneath a bogus mine operation and venture in to find some answers, fighting their way through hordes of Nukes.

Meanwhile, Sharon Carter is dealing with her own problems - first discovering that Ross does not have her best interests at heart and, at issue's end, encountering Selene face to face.

------

I'm really digging this run. Yu's art is impeccable (the prolonged fight scenes in this issue are top-notch) and, as with the previous issues, the main strength of this run continues to be Coates' strong characterizations.

Steve and Sharon are both on point. Sharon doesn't have a lot of panel time this issue but in what space she does have, she comes off as a bad ass. And we get to see more of Steve's inner thoughts about Hydra and America and his resolve to get to the bottom of this business with Power Enterprises and their exploitation of the Nuke soldiers. Guest stars T'Challa and Okoye also are well depicted here.

Good stuff all around. And topped off with a gorgeous Alex Ross cover to boot.

This is a better, more accurate T'challa than Coates wrote for two years
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Sharon Carter is dealing with her own problems - first discovering that Ross does not have her best interests at heart and, at issue's end, encountering Selene face to face.
    Best part of the book. imo.

I'm really digging this run. Yu's art is impeccable (the prolonged fight scenes in this issue are top-notch)
    Yu is one of the best.

And topped off with a gorgeous Alex Ross cover to boot.
    More coming soon...
    ross cover.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Guess we can now figure how they’re gonna deage Sharon with Selene involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is a better, more accurate T'challa than Coates wrote for two years
    Pretty hardcore when he spears that Nuke soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah, that may well be a possibility. Although, to be honest, I'm fine with Sharon being older. I kind of like it, actually.

But if they do de-age her, it's all well and good.

Spectacular Member

I’m LOVING this book so far. I think Coates is really getting his footing now in the medium of comics. The raw talent was there, but it feels very sculpted now. Flows nicely. I think he writes a great Steve.

Also—good grief, that art. Best in the biz. Loving every page from these 3 issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    turn her into a succubus?

Pretty hardcore when he spears that Nuke soldier.

Yeah, that may well be a possibility. Although, to be honest, I'm fine with Sharon being older. I kind of like it, actually.

But if they do de-age her, it's all well and good.
    Remind me how she got aged so much again? Was it spending a few decades in Arnim Zola's Dimension Z? After all, really she should be no more than a decade and change older than when she was introduced, chronologically speaking.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Remind me how she got aged so much again? Was it spending a few decades in Arnim Zola's Dimension Z? After all, really she should be no more than a decade and change older than when she was introduced, chronologically speaking.
    Yeah, she spent a pretty long time in Dimension Z, much of it as a prisoner, last I recall, so that might have more to do with her current appearance than the aging process in and of itself. That said, Power Enterprises propping up communities that HYDRA promised to reinvigorate economically is an interesting bit of commentary, especially given the ongoing debate over whether or not most people will care about moral implications as long as "the economy's good."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

More coming soon...
    ross cover.jpg[/QUOTE]

Ok now can we get Natasha as well as Winter Soldier. She and Sharon made a solid team during Brubaker’s final Gulag issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    More coming soon...
    ross cover.jpg
    Ok now can we get Natasha as well as Winter Soldier. She and Sharon made a solid team during Brubaker’s final Gulag issues[/QUOTE]

That's Sharon if am not mistaken ..........

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve picked up the current run, but haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but this leaves me with hope. I really have high hopes for Coates’ Selene. She’s one of my favorite villains ever.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I'm really, really loving this series so far. I'm trying to temper my excitement (especially since it's a little slow-paced) but it's hitting all the right notes.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Ok now can we get Natasha as well as Winter Soldier. She and Sharon made a solid team during Brubaker’s final Gulag issues
    Agreed!
    Last edited by responsarbre; 09-07-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Really don't know what you guys like about Yu's art. I find it so ugly. It's got better over the years but is only now just about bearable.
    This was the first issue where I actually enjoyed Coates' writing, the plot actually feels like it's flowing now and I agree that Sharon's sub-plot was by far the most interesting bit of the book.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    Really don't know what you guys like about Yu's art. I find it so ugly. It's got better over the years but is only now just about bearable.
    This was the first issue where I actually enjoyed Coates' writing, the plot actually feels like it's flowing now and I agree that Sharon's sub-plot was by far the most interesting bit of the book.
    In the past I’ve generally not been a fan of L Yu’s artwork, but I’m absolutely LOVING his current output on this Cap run. I think both Coates and Yu are crushin it so far masterfully blending big time action sequences with an underlying building espionage plot line creating a legitimate behind the scenes threat. Also I love Steve reaching out to T’Challa and that they maintain a political AND personal alliance. I’m hooked.