Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default RedHood and the Outlaws #26 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

RedHood and the Outlaws #26

Source: https://doomrocket.com/exclusive-pre...od-outlaws-26/

Jason Todd’s about to take this vigilante game to a whole new level. His partners, Bizarro and Artemis? Gone! His mentor, Batman? Out! His base of operations, Gotham City? Abandoned. Cast out and alone, Red Hood embarks on a bold, brutal new mission, with a new costume, new weapons and a new plan to punish evildoers across the DCU. Plus, Pete Woods (JUSTICE LEAGUE) joins writer Scott Lobdell as this new era begins!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Hmm, not much to go. It does feel a bit disjointed with the way the annual ended though.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

... Interesting.
    The one guy with the molotov is wearing "Jason's hoodie". I wonder why Jason is going to take it.

I was worried about the art, but this looks pretty good and fit the tone.

I have been looking forward to this issue since we find out about it and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    ... Interesting.
    The one guy with the molotov is wearing "Jason's hoodie". I wonder why Jason is going to take it.
    Because its red?

Last we saw Jason, he and Roy went their separate ways with Jason promising to follow up on Roy's leads. Though, he has to go "old school" to do it, so to speak.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Like I thought the art is very fitting for the story being told and I really like that fact. Helps set the tone of the story I think and it does help draw readers into it. I like what I see thus far because for some reason the annual really put things in perspective for me. Well that and the fact that the Underlife has been mentioned elsewhere (in the Silencer if anyone is curious in connection with Leviathan/Talia/LoS of all things) so it feels like a bigger deal with more widespread implications than just a simple one off organization. I think Jason might find himself in to deep without backup. Sounds fun to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Because its red?

Last we saw Jason, he and Roy went their separate ways with Jason promising to follow up on Roy's leads. Though, he has to go "old school" to do it, so to speak.
    By stealing other people's clothes (Although the hoodie does look nice)? Or maybe he defeats the biker gang boss and becomes the new one.

The atmosphere feels like a really old movie from the 50s or so. A guy alone on a bus and a very talkative bus driver; a female FBI agent who is capable of running away but later lies half-dead on the street where everyone can find her - like pursuers, which are, of course, an old-fashioned biker gang with Molotov cocktails and big (and very impressive) beards. They obviously work for a bad guy but are nice enough to give a one minute ultimatum and would have probably spared the bus driver and Jason.

It feels strange, like if Jason has been thrown a few decades back in the past. These thugs look way more "cozy" than your average Gotham henchman. I definitely need more context.

But I like the art. The panel of Jason being lightened by the bus reminds me of the moment when Bizarro noted that Red Him was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen (or something along that line).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Like I thought the art is very fitting for the story being told and I really like that fact. Helps set the tone of the story I think and it does help draw readers into it. I like what I see thus far because for some reason the annual really put things in perspective for me. Well that and the fact that the Underlife has been mentioned elsewhere (in the Silencer if anyone is curious in connection with Leviathan/Talia/LoS of all things) so it feels like a bigger deal with more widespread implications than just a simple one off organization. I think Jason might find himself in to deep without backup. Sounds fun to me.
    Underlife was mentioned in another book? Pretty interesting.

BANNED

Its a pretty generic word but yes Silencer makes use of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Its a pretty generic word but yes Silencer makes use of the concept.
    I would have thought the same except that Silencer was at one time a part of it at least from the way she uses the term and it seems to also have been tied up with or connected to Leviathan as well and the RHATO annual does also indicate that the Underlife is a worldwide organization of Mafia, Yakuza and the like which again fits with what Honor mentions in Silencer.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Underlife was mentioned in another book? Pretty interesting.
    Yep and pretty much as it was described in the annual as well. I can't help but think its the same organization and not just some overly generic name Lobdell pulled from thin air for his story. I think there's a connection or at least I hope there is because that's what would make this direction interesting to me.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Don't like the fact it was mentioned in conjunction with Leviathan...

I'm liking it so far, both story and art wise.
    Me pleased. Me happy. It good.

For the annual, I got the impression that Underlife it's a United Nation-like organization integrated by worldwide criminal organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Don't like the fact it was mentioned in conjunction with Leviathan...
    You're thinking of those spoilers from a while back, the ones with (evil) Jason taking over Leviatan?

This looks amazing. Was worried about the new artist but I'm completely sold on his style. Kinda wish the rated was bumped to M for this arc as I feel would give the dialog more freedom but I really like the direction so far.