Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Don't like the fact it was mentioned in conjunction with Leviathan...
    It could be its a bigger organization than Leviathan and/or that Leviathan was just a part of it. That's what I meant by it being connected to Leviathan in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm liking it so far, both story and art wise.
    Me pleased. Me happy. It good.

For the annual, I got the impression that Underlife it's a United Nation-like organization integrated by worldwide criminal organizations.
    That was the impression I got both from the Annual and from Silencer.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    It could be its a bigger organization than Leviathan and/or that Leviathan was just a part of it. That's what I meant by it being connected to Leviathan in some way.

That was the impression I got both from the Annual and from Silencer.
    Not to mention, it seems Silencer is after Nightwing in particular in his series. But I digress.

It really does have that older, darker feel to it. The biker gang probably are just mooks in the grand scheme of things, but they came across the wrong guy here. And, while I am sure Jason isn't particularly the biggest fan of Feds, he's not just going to let her face down death, alone at least.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not to mention, it seems Silencer is after Nightwing in particular in his series. But I digress.

It really does have that older, darker feel to it. The biker gang probably are just mooks in the grand scheme of things, but they came across the wrong guy here. And, while I am sure Jason isn't particularly the biggest fan of Feds, he's not just going to let her face down death, alone at least.
    I'd say the tone of both the writing and the art feels more pulp-ish but older and darker works too. And I agree that Jason wouldn't just let her be killed if he could do something about it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Feels pul-pey. I`m on board.

Holy Madagascar penguins! Looks amazing so far I'm actually shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You're thinking of those spoilers from a while back, the ones with (evil) Jason taking over Leviatan?
    Was thinking the same. But mostly I'm excited for the potentially bigger role of the Underlife. It does feel the stakes are higher now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    By stealing other people's clothes (Although the hoodie does look nice)? Or maybe he defeats the biker gang boss and becomes the new one.
    I like it. Taking clothes from the defeated boss to make a statement.

I was kinda worried about the art, I got so used to Soy and Gandini's beautiful work together, but this actually looks pretty good, fits the tone really well, and *whoever is coloring looks to be keeping up that cinematic edge rhato rebirth had.

Though the censoring is pretty disappointing, like DC come on, whats the point of saying you want your anti-hero to finally let loose but only on a PG scale? Cutting back the cursing kinda makes it lose impact, but more than that, I can't stand when they change the color of blood, it looks to be purple on that fbi agent, I don't know, it's always been distracting to me.

edit:
    *Just realized it's also coloured by Woods himself, impressive.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-07-2018 at 12:17 AM.

It looks purple to me as well and I honestly thought it wasn't blood but some other substance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I was kinda worried about the art, I got so used to Soy and Gandini's beautiful work together, but this actually looks pretty good, fits the tone really well, and whoever is coloring looks to be keeping up that cinematic edge rhato rebirth had.

Though the censoring is pretty disappointing, like DC come on, whats the point of saying you want your anti-hero to finally let loose but only on a PG scale? Cutting back the cursing kinda makes it lose impact, but more than that, I can't stand when they change the color of blood, it looks to be purple on that fbi agent, I don't know, it's always been distracting to me.
    As someone who never curse in daily life, I don't understand why it's a big thing for a character to do so and I don't mind the censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    As someone who never curse in daily life, I don't understand why it's a big thing for a character to do so and I don't mind the censorship.
    He doesn't have to curse up a storm, Jason isn't really known to curse all that much anyway, I don't expect it of him. However here, 'Butt' sounds very childish in comparison to 'ass' which would have sounded more appropriate in the context of his words. But like I said, worse than curse curbing is blood censoring for me personally, too distracting, I thought the woman was shot with some kind of goo at first.

Weird question but, has the font style (for dialogue) changed in rhato or is it just me? Looks thicker and maybe even more curvy?
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-07-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Different letterer took over from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    He doesn't have to curse up a storm, Jason isn't really known to curse all that much anyway, I don't expect it of him. However here, 'Butt' sounds very childish in comparison to 'ass' which would have sounded more appropriate in the context of his words. But like I said, worse than curse curbing is blood censoring for me personally, too distracting, I thought the woman was shot with some kind of goo at first.
    The blood is probably due to artistic choice than censorship. We already saw blood before in RHATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Different letterer took over from this issue.

The blood is probably due to artistic choice than censorship. We already saw blood before in RHATO.
    Yeah, as early as issue 25 where Jason was leaving blood trails as Batman was dragging him. Hopefully you're right and it was just artistic choice for the scene, or maybe it is a purple liquid in the narrative that we'll find out about, of hell even an error with the cinematic blue color overlay disrupting the colors, I've had that happen to me before in Photoshop. Also kudos for the info bout the letterer change.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I didn't even notice the purple blood. Maybe it's only in the preview and in the issue itself it's normal? It would be a little bit odd to censor blood in the issue since there is this huge puddle of blood on the cover.
    Or it's not blood. The agent wasn't hurt and she was to far away from her partner when he was shot. So it isn't his blood neither. Of course it still could be hers. She probably has some minor wounds from running away (maybe through a forest).
    It also could be some kind of machine oil. I'm referring to Silencer #1 here.
    spoilers:
    It showed some kind of cyborg(?) who looked like a member of a biker gang and who worked for the Underlife. He had some purple fluid in his system.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-07-2018 at 12:45 AM.