Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    HERBIE was reactivated in Moon Girl.
    And has since appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Is that the same version of Namorita that has been time displaced in " Realm of Kings"?
    Presumably (though didn't it happen in a normal arc of Nova?). The other version is a) dead, and b) blue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    maybe she died when all the skrulls died...
    I thought Frieza blew up their planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought Frieza blew up their planet.
    I really have no idea...All I know is that once All the Skrulls died and now they are back...Sorta like Mutants...

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

What happens to Sue in this issue? Does she get much action? Does she fight the new female foe at all or her minions?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    What happens to Sue in this issue? Does she get much action? Does she fight the new female foe at all or her minions?
    No. She's not on that level.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

What a bummer.... Thanks for letting me know. I guess no need to eagerly wait for my subscription copy.

This is my first time having a Fantastic Four comic in my pull list.

Is it just me, or were the FF partaking in a serious moral quandary? They seemed fairly casual about playing god and now countless lives are lost (except for the universe home to Val's crush which seems like another kind of selfishness). Maybe I'm missing something here, but is the point of this arc to have the FF face the consequences of being so cavalier with life?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Is it just me, or were the FF partaking in a serious moral quandary? They seemed fairly casual about playing god and now countless lives are lost (except for the universe home to Val's crush which seems like another kind of selfishness). Maybe I'm missing something here, but is the point of this arc to have the FF face the consequences of being so cavalier with life?
    No I don’t think that’s the point. There may be a level of hubris. Reed and co. overstepped their remit. They went further than required to recreate the multiverse. The consequences are huge, but on the other hand none of these universes that have been destroyed would have existed if not for them.

Val is taking a stand. Reed assumes it is selfishness but it is actually and important point. Reed would have been happy to let countless more universes die but Val picks the next available spot to take the stand. She is drawing the line and asking, nay forcing, Reed to play the ‘you shall not pass’ card.

Incredible Member

Id say that is definitely part of it.

Considering that the lives lost wouldn't exist in the first place unless they'd created those universes, I'm not sure how they are being cavalier with life. They're not the ones wiping them out, there doesn't seem to have been any indication that a force like Griever would appear to do so, so it doesn't seem much different to any circumstances in which someone generates life.

Just because every time someone has a child, that child is going to die someday, are all parents being cavalier with life?

Astonishing Member

Was that iceman at the back? Coz I don't recall him being a ff member

Was hulk there? Coz I missed him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Was that iceman at the back? Coz I don't recall him being a ff member

Was hulk there? Coz I missed him
    Can't find anything to say Iceman was part of the F4, and no I don't think Hulk was there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hulk is on the cover for Fantastic Four #3 so maybe he'll be part of the battle after all.

Astonishing Member

It was great to see franklin have such a good showing against the villain considering how powerful he was confirmed to be, no batting him aside like a light weight to make the new villain look scary

Oh hang on there :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Is her motivation actually to destroy the entire multiverse? I see her as trying to redress the natural balance. She represents the natural end to the standard multiverse but if they keep spawning new ones they are undermining her. So surely her motivation is to destroy the additional universes that would never have existed if not for the Future Foundation?

Along the way I was forced to cringe at the trope where other universes are considered disposable. This always feels needlessly callous an unheroic. Luckily Val kind of addressed this. It seems like they lost only the most recent universe and she slams on the breaks as they arrive at the one before. That seems like the correct place for the heroes to take a stand.
    The feeling I got from Entropy was she was going to destroy all the universes created by the Richards family, and that has turned out to only be a thousand, when there used to be millions.

The problem here, as I see it, is that there are no natural universes in existence in this new 8th iteration of the Reality. The Richards family made all of anything that exists. In this case Entropy isn’t keeping a balance between the natural end to the standard Multiverse because there is none. What do you think?

What it also presents is where did Entropy come from when nothing existed after Secret Wars 2015 except Battleworld? Does she spontaneously come into being once a Multiverse is created, like Infinity gems must also have spontaneously sprung into existence? We have also seen Celestials in ANAD as well. Did Reed make sure they had to in ANAD? Then there’s Galactus. Was he a product of the Richards too? In fact any and all cosmic beings that we’ve seen so far, have to be have their existence plained in the ANAD.