Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walter West View Post
    I instantly thought of the character Powerhouse from The Man Called Nova. Those characters wound up in a memorable Fantastic Four storyline, with Galactus battling the Sphinx.
    Wow that takes you back a ways. IIRC it was a way to showcase Nova after his original solo ended. Perhaps the first time Xandar was destroyed?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I had some good time... but the long vacations come with the job you know and they were quite casual, at home, with nothing exotic. I just guess that I'm not a poster in the summer ...
    If I were in France in summer I won't be posting much either!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I still haven't read issue #1 yet. Should have it this weekend.
    But this preview for #2 doesn't give me much hope for this series.
    Guess it's back to the back issues for me.
    that was my thought. I am not sure what that is, but it doesn't talk and walk like the FF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    For me, what's really great about the kids being this much older is that Sue no longer has to be anchored to the book. She can now guest appear in anything and even have a solo/mini book without the "She can't because she has to look after the kids" excuse. She can have her own adventures if she wants.
    There was never the case where Susan Storm was held back from a story because of the kids. The reason she doesn't go off with the Avengers is because she is part of the Fantastic Four, and loves her family and she likes it like that, like most normal people.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    There was never the case where Susan Storm was held back from a story because of the kids. The reason she doesn't go off with the Avengers is because she is part of the Fantastic Four, and loves her family and she likes it like that, like most normal people.
    The other three members cameo in other books often and have solo adventures while Sue does not. So do they not love their family?

I'm not saying that she should dump the FF and join another team, but that she should have bigger presence in the MU. No longer tied at the hip to Reed and the kids.

The excuses that always comes up is that she has to look after the kids or that her job is to be the Mom. Now that the kids are much more independent that excuse no longer works. She can guest appear in anything and have a solo adventure with that issue not coming up. The kids growing up is great for Sue as a character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The other three members cameo in other books often and have solo adventures while Sue does not. So do they not love their family?

I'm not saying that she should dump the FF and join another team, but that she should have bigger presence in the MU. No longer tied at the hip to Reed and the kids.

The excuses that always comes up is that she has to look after the kids or that her job is to be the Mom. Now that the kids are much more independent that excuse no longer works. She can guest appear in anything and have a solo adventure with that issue not coming up. The kids growing up is great for Sue as a character.
    Applause ��

Spectacular Member

Talking about what’s canon? Tacos? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was amused by the meta when Sue narrated that the Sue/Namor shipping is just fanfic.
    probably not meta at all. Considering how many tabloids there are in the supermarket aisles gossiping about which celebreties are sleeping with which... I imagine there is a TON of stuff like that for Sue and Namor too. Not even counting the internet.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    probably not meta at all.
    Could be both too. Won't be surprised to learn Slott's been eavesdropping on one particularly heated debate about whether Sue did more than lock lips with Namor.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Could be both too. Won't be surprised to learn Slott's been eavesdropping on one particularly heated debate about whether Sue did more than lock lips with Namor.
    I'd prefer to leave details on Sue/Namor in the dark. Stories that were written in the sixites and early seventies had a certain expectation of heroes' morals and what they did or didn't do. As time goes on, we need to assume the FF's adventures have all taken part in the past 15 years or so, and in retrospect, don't need to fit the morality of a Kennedy era book.

Right now, though, we know there was some attraction between Sue and Namor. Trying to place it all as "fanfic" kind of makes the fanfic questionable as which villain would Sue be paired with if she and Namor hadn't had any sort of feelings? There was something; it's over now. I don't think anymore needs to happen regarding it except a few comments from Namor to Sue which Sue's OK with TO A LIMIT.

I just want to thank Dan Slott for nipping that Namor crap in the bud. Really and truly, thank you.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    She was actually an Avenger in the 90s, but Reed was with her (and they still wore F4 uniforms).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The other three members cameo in other books often and have solo adventures while Sue does not.

You are conjouring this up and it is not even true. Any of the Marvel characters have been available for any storyline and title at will since the very beginning, and they and Susan Storm do pop up all over the Marvel universe. The only FF member that has been really treated different has been the Thing with Marvel Two and One. Kids love the Thing. And Johny has done some solo work with Spider-man. There has never been any storyline or plot that has restricted the character of Susan Storm because of her children. In fact, she has a great house keeper who watches the kids, who herself became a central character.

It would be great if that was the case, and Susan semi-retired because of her motherhood. It would show that motherhood, and raising a family was as important has running off the Negative Zone and to waste time on a career (or concieving child?), but alas, it is not true. She has always selfishly put her career first since the day she got onto the rocket with Reed and Ben and Johnny. And then she flirts with Namor!

She nearly left Reed somewhere around FF140+ and toyed with Namor, and asked to move to Connecticut and all the other interesting and fascinating things that complex family life does to women and the men that love them, but never ever has it been a crutch for any inactivity, and in fact, she has never been inactive. She has been a linchpin Marvel character from the time of FF#1
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-07-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Woohoo, they're back!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This, this is amazing.
    More like "Fantastic"
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor