Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #2 SPOILERS

Link: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...tastic-four-2/

They're finally back! Like...Reed, Sue, etc etc. Back! Yesssss.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

How long has passed? An entire decade? Val's now old enough that an alien tried to propose to her!?!

Nice codenames. Franklin's codename Powerhouse is probably Alex's idea, as he was called that in New Warriors (he had all of the Power Pack's powers at the time). And Val is Brainstorm, an obvious reference to her intellect and Sue's maiden name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Why have all the kids aged about ten years and Reed and Sue look the exact same? Doesn’t Onome still have parents? How are they going to react to her being suddenly older? How are the Power siblings going to feel knowing the Richardses have deprived them of a significant number of years with their brother?

Suzie!!!!

Wow the kids have gotten much older than I thought. Franklin looks about 15-ish and Val a few years younger. It's going to be interesting to see how that changes the dynamic.

Franklin is just like Johnny at that age, which gives me hope that Johnny will finally grow up and that it sticks.

I like their codenames, particularly Val's.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Why have all the kids aged about ten years and Reed and Sue look the exact same? Doesn’t Onome still have parents? How are they going to react to her being suddenly older? How are the Power siblings going to feel knowing the Richardses have deprived them of a significant number of years with their brother?
    Cosmic rays? The heroes are never going to look significantly older unless it's an Old Man/Woman alternate future. Plus an adults aging would never look as extreme as a kid to teen.

Don't have a clue how her parents would react or if it will be brought up.

Alex was legally an adult when he left so there shouldn't be too much of a problem as it was his decision. If they are angry at anyone it should be Alex.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Huh. When Reed, Sue and the kids disappeared, I didn't know they took the entire Future Foundation with them.

I have to say, in terms of personality, this older Franklin Richards seems to take after his Uncle Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Huh. When Reed, Sue and the kids disappeared, I didn't know they took the entire Future Foundation with them.

I have to say, in terms of personality, this older Franklin Richards seems to take after his Uncle Johnny.
    Yeah, that struck me as odd too. I guess it's a nice sign they will be used, but it's surprising they are there at all.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Reed looks like he's trying to copy Dr. Strange's look with that beard but it makes him look even goofier .

The prince seems more T'Challa then Namor (although that should be equally as worrisome). I guess Val has the same effect on royalty that her mom does...

"Powerhouse" and "Brainstorm?" I can't make up my mind if they're the kind of goofiness needed for an FF codename or too goofy to catch on. Although after "Brawn" I'm not really confident in Marvel's attempts at new codenames these days.

It's going to be funny to see Johnny and Franklin reuniting now that Frankling seems to be taking after his uncle in his teen years. I foresee them either getting along even better now or Johnny getting exasperated by Franklin acting like him .

They are the legal guardians of most of them, the Future Foundation are basically their kids. Only Alex (who's and adult) and Onome have family that may be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Reed and Sue are just continuing to age gracefully. More importantly, while 'many' years may have passed for the Future Foundation, presumably it's not supposed to be nearly as long back in the 616.

Spectacular Member

That was pretty much the conclusion of Secret Wars -- where they set the stage for the Reed, Franklin and Owen (Molecule Man) to recreate the multiverse. All of the Future Foundation was with them in those final pages, and pretty sure they were in the lifeboat in the first issue when the last incursion was happening.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This, this is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reed looks like he's trying to copy Dr. Strange's look with that beard but it makes him look even goofier .
    Lol, yeah, I thought the same thing: Reed looks like he's trying to pull off the Doc Strange/Tony Stark look and...no, no, sorry Reed, some guys can pull that look off, and some people just look like poseurs, and you are in the second category.

I don't think I really like the fact that Franklin is creating universes on the fly. I was hoping that aspect of his powers would be wiped away and he gets back closer to the mental powers(Telepathy, TK, Teleportation, etc.) he has been show in other realities.

Everything, else has me mostly excited though.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Reed and Sue are just continuing to age gracefully. More importantly, while 'many' years may have passed for the Future Foundation, presumably it's not supposed to be nearly as long back in the 616.
    Yeah, it's only a year at the most in 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman