Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 451
  1. #241
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    So Iceman and Torch first teamed-up in Strange Tales #120.

    Bruh, my parents were like 2.

  2. #242
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So Iceman and Torch first teamed-up in Strange Tales #120.

    Bruh, my parents were like 2.
    losing its humor

  3. #243
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    For the last time. Battleworld is an alternate reality Sue. We've been over this so many times, it's getting annoying.
    Yes, I have gone back and read SW 2015 again, and I must concede the fact.

  4. #244
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Lyja should not be there because the relationship she had with Johnny was creepy and it would be best if they just ignored her.

    The last time we saw She Thing she was depowered and wrestling. Seems like none of the writers are good at keeping track of her.
    No way. Lyja was part of the family for years. As for Sharon, those wrestlers were just playing “dress up”.

    The real Ben and Sharon weren’t present.

  5. #245
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Having now read this, it does fall into the category of a synthetic Multiverse being created by Franklin, that is abhorrent to this cosmic being bent on entropy. The confrontation and the offer to Reed to form the FF makes entropy seem a little like a dim witted and young super villain, because it’s a naive move of new players to give their opponent a chance.

    I don’t know what entropy thought she could achieve if she succeeded in destroying the whole Multiverse just created, except that her father Eternity appear and create the Multiverse back again.

  6. #246
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    4,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But Reed is telling the Griever that this is their extended family so that would apply in a lot of those cases where they were never on the team.
    Not on the team but I hope that both of Franklin's super nannies, Agatha Harkness and Caledonia show up in future issues.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

  7. #247
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Lyja should not be there because the relationship she had with Johnny was creepy and it would be best if they just ignored her.
    This. She was a means to an end to fix a very poor plot decision years earlier. Bringing her back just ended up in another weird story which dragged johnny back into the mire. I know she was popular with some readers but i'd prefer those storylines were brushed under carpet personally (which im assuming slott is doing by leaving her out)

  8. #248
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    7,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Having now read this, it does fall into the category of a synthetic Multiverse being created by Franklin, that is abhorrent to this cosmic being bent on entropy. The confrontation and the offer to Reed to form the FF makes entropy seem a little like a dim witted and young super villain, because it’s a naive move of new players to give their opponent a chance.

    I don’t know what entropy thought she could achieve if she succeeded in destroying the whole Multiverse just created, except that her father Eternity appear and create the Multiverse back again.
    Is her motivation actually to destroy the entire multiverse? I see her as trying to redress the natural balance. She represents the natural end to the standard multiverse but if they keep spawning new ones they are undermining her. So surely her motivation is to destroy the additional universes that would never have existed if not for the Future Foundation?

    Along the way I was forced to cringe at the trope where other universes are considered disposable. This always feels needlessly callous an unheroic. Luckily Val kind of addressed this. It seems like they lost only the most recent universe and she slams on the breaks as they arrive at the one before. That seems like the correct place for the heroes to take a stand.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-14-2018 at 02:03 AM.

  9. #249
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    7,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, I have gone back and read SW 2015 again, and I must concede the fact.
    My many arguments against this can be found elsewhere.

  10. #250
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    This. She was a means to an end to fix a very poor plot decision years earlier. Bringing her back just ended up in another weird story which dragged johnny back into the mire. I know she was popular with some readers but i'd prefer those storylines were brushed under carpet personally (which im assuming slott is doing by leaving her out)
    I disagree. The whole marriage thing is over. She should remain an ally and friend to the team if not ancillary member.

  11. #251
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    Hey were we not promise a HULK, not just She-Hulk, but the ACTUAL HULK appearing in this issue and the next ?

  12. #252
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    4,910

    Default

    The solicits explicitly said Hulk in #3, not #2, although Bruce should have shown up in the summoning just as Jen has in human form.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

  13. #253
    Incredible Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Read it yesterday, I loved every minute of it. Made up for #1 completely.

  14. #254
    Mighty Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I disagree. The whole marriage thing is over. She should remain an ally and friend to the team if not ancillary member.
    maybe she died when all the skrulls died...

  15. #255

    Default

    guess Griever isn't the alien from issue 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •