Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Come on. Someone work with me here.

Like let’s gets rid of the Hulk. That’ll fix a big problem. Then let’s kill him in CWII, but that didn’t really fix things. And let’s make Carol Danvers king of the world. She got offered whatever she wanted after CWII, but they overlooked her for the DOS position and gave it to Steve Rogers. Then look at Maria Hill, she came up with solutions to fix everything. First the baby Cosmic Cube, and then the planet force field. But where is she now? They tried using Maria and Carol as the big two of Marvel, but it never works out like they think. This is the problem with the ANAD. Million year old Avengers with Odin as leader, and his girlfriend is the Phoenix? It’s all made up.
    Except character replacements and wild character developments as well as insane developments have been happening long before the recreation of the multiverse through the FF and Molecule Man. Instead of blaming the FF for changes, why not admit they put things back in the fashion they were?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Except character replacements and wild character developments as well as insane developments have been happening long before the recreation of the multiverse through the FF and Molecule Man. Instead of blaming the FF for changes, why not admit they put things back in the fashion they were?
    Yes..it’s the writer “done it”..no point is readers blaming the FF.

But it’s certainly a valid point (I think) that’s been made by many over the years that the “in universe” characters themselves might regard Franklin and Reed with understandable fear, and perhaps loathing, if they knew what the two get up to.

If Skrull supreme commander realises Franklin created universe he happens to be in..”computation” might be “I know why I’m losing all the key battles, the universe is skewed against me, I need to do something about this”.

The “something” might be to try to create a Skrull version of Franklin, or to cut all links between Franklin and the universe he originally created, so he can’t continue to load the game against the Skrull. (By destroying Franklin’s avatar in universe concerned?)

BANNED

Just elaborating on my soap bubble analogy of what the Richards family did to the ANAD, you think Ben and Johnny will be the only ones peeved at the family? (Because they left Ben and Johnny behind, and made them think they were dead, as just the distant uncles). There is Steve Rogers, who Reed must have been peeved at as this goody two shoes, always right, and everybody is wrong - so let’s make him evil and see how he likes it. There’s also Nick Fury junior, who we no used to be a 616 character, and has now been made the back story of the Ultimates Nick Fury. (As well as Miles Morales Spider-Man tranlocated to the ANAD with the Triscalian). Or all the characters of the Illuminati. Let’s show Tony he isn’t immortal, by giving him parents who were deadbeats in SHIELD (not his mother), and freeze him for a while. Why? So we can replace him with a woman.

And now comes the real makeover that is the ANAD. Let’s replace all the characters with females, and this is how it went. Reed started to listen to Sue who would say, “Women would do things better than men. Replace them and they’d do a better job”. Because, it was Sue who who convinced God Doom to do things her way, always in his ear, changing things with a woman’s touch. Reed got the same treatment from Sue in the ANAD.

This is how the rest of the ANAD are going to see the FF when they learn they were FF puppets.
    Wow.

This is a completely wrong, not to mention straight-up bizarre, way of looking at this.

You're acting as though the FF have manipulated every single action in the MU since it was recreated and that's not the case. At all.

They are not puppet masters. They restored the universe and then left it to its own devices. They didn't cause Hydra Cap to happen - especially not to teach Steve a lesson. They didn't put Tony in a coma - especially not to teach him a lesson about his own mortality. They didn't force a feminist agenda on the MU - especially not because Sue somehow bullied Reed into it. These things just happened on their own.

You're imagining an entire scenario that exists solely in your own head.

One last time - THE FF ARE NOT THE PUPPET MASTERS OF THE MU.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 09-12-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Let’s show Tony he isn’t immortal, by giving him parents who were deadbeats in SHIELD (not his mother),
    The fact Howard and Maria Stark aren't his parents was already revealed two creative teams before Bendis - and of course, before Secret Wars. Can't blame the F4 for that!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Just elaborating on my soap bubble analogy of what the Richards family did to the ANAD, you think Ben and Johnny will be the only ones peeved at the family? (Because they left Ben and Johnny behind, and made them think they were dead, as just the distant uncles). There is Steve Rogers, who Reed must have been peeved at as this goody two shoes, always right, and everybody is wrong - so let’s make him evil and see how he likes it. There’s also Nick Fury junior, who we no used to be a 616 character, and has now been made the back story of the Ultimates Nick Fury. (As well as Miles Morales Spider-Man tranlocated to the ANAD with the Triscalian). Or all the characters of the Illuminati. Let’s show Tony he isn’t immortal, by giving him parents who were deadbeats in SHIELD (not his mother), and freeze him for a while. Why? So we can replace him with a woman.

And now comes the real makeover that is the ANAD. Let’s replace all the characters with females, and this is how it went. Reed started to listen to Sue who would say, “Women would do things better than men. Replace them and they’d do a better job”. Because, it was Sue who who convinced God Doom to do things her way, always in his ear, changing things with a woman’s touch. Reed got the same treatment from Sue in the ANAD.

This is how the rest of the ANAD are going to see the FF when they learn they were FF puppets.
    This runs under the assumption that omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence all run together. The Beyonders were nigh-omnipotent, yet they still needed to experiment. What does an omniscient being need to run experiments? Clearly, the Beyonders and Doom weren't omnipresent because they failed to see Doom and the Black Swans run across the multiverse killing their Molecule Men and Doom couldn't find the survivors of 616. The only reason Doom was able to even control the denizens of Battleworld was that he both A) created them from scratch and B) had the Psycho-Man be a part of his Future Foundation.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The issue has hit the stands so now we can discuss it. And it lets us know how far Franklin's universe-building powers go, as he pretty much lets his universes run on their own once conceptualized by him and then stabilized by Owen. And we see the Griever make her debut and her motivations for destroying the Multiverse. So is she a manifestation of a fundamental aspect of existence? A physical being who merely assumes such a role?

And that last page reveal:
    spoilers:
    All present and past members of the Fantastic Four are summoned to Reed and Sue's side by what was ostensibly that ginormous "4" signal we saw last issue. A roll call:

The original Fantastic Four: Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny

The substitute members: Crystal, Medusa, H.E.R.B.I.E. (in the second cartoon), Luke Cage, Frankie Raye as Nova, She-Hulk (as Jen Walters), Ms. Marvel/She-Thing, the New FF of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch), Hulk as Mr. Fixit (if that is the Iceman-looking guy next to Crystal, as Banner is the only one who isn't automatically recognizable), Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Namorita, Black Panther, Storm, and Miss Thing.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Awesome issue, depicting the flip-side of last issue.

And that last page!! Woo-hoo!

Loved the issue especially the last page.

Wondering why Iceman is there though...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Loved the issue especially the last page.

Wondering why Iceman is there though...
    Johnny's +1?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love how Wolverine is there but then in other books he cannot be found and hasn't officially returned.

Storm is like: "Logan?! Where the F**K you've been? We've tried looking for you ALL over the F***G Globe and all it took was Reed sending up a flare?"
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-12-2018 at 10:40 AM.

This issue was amazing. It gave me everything I needed from a Fantastic Four comic! Impossible Man at the end of issue one did not disappoint me.

The last page gave me chills. I think issue 3 will really be epic, at least I hope.

If I had to say one negative thing it is that I feel like the art is a little inconsistent. In some panels I love the art and in others I really think it could be better.

P.S. does anyone else think that Reed all of a sudden resembles John Krasinski? Since the internet has advocated for John to play Reed in the MCU, it really seems to me that the artist has taken cues and made Mr. Fantastic resemble him in a lot of ways (shape of the head, ears, etc.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

God, does this mean I have to see She-Bulk again in issue 3? Dammit, Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love how Wolverine is there but then in other books he cannot be found and hasn't officially returned.

Storm is like: "Logan?! Where the F**K you've been? We've tried looking for you ALL over the F***G Globe and all it took was Reed sending up a flare?"
    This is the FF, you know. They get stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Well, if Hulk is Fixit, then this is time travel. So it could be a Logan who doesn't even know about Laura yet, or that his real name is James Howlett.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My favorite panel from this issue

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!