Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I hope Slott brings the same qualities to the FF that he brought to his Silver Surfer run (of course the Allreds were a significant part of that book in terms of storytelling as well).

BANNED

I think that the last page is a powerful image, seeing all the Fantastic Four's key supporters present and ready for battle, but I'm not sure this is the right approach to take. After being absent as a team since 2015 the Fantastic Four really need to prove themselves again. In a fight with just the Fantastic Four, to showcase their abilities and justify this book's existence. Relying on so many big name supporting characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine may actually counterproductive to that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I think that the last page is a powerful image, seeing all the Fantastic Four's key supporters present and ready for battle, but I'm not sure this is the right approach to take. After being absent as a team since 2015 the Fantastic Four really need to prove themselves again. In a fight with just the Fantastic Four, to showcase their abilities and justify this book's existence. Relying on so many big name supporting characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine may actually counterproductive to that goal.
    I agree that the FF should show how badass they are, especially as it seems like most teams a overlapping them in terms of power.

However, I think that the end of issue 2 is great as it shows how influential they are to the MU. They have links to so many prominent characters that are practically part of the family now. The power stuff can come later or even next issue if Slott makes the main 4 stand out next issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    However, I think that the end of issue 2 is great as it shows how influential they are to the MU. They have links to so many prominent characters that are practically part of the family now. The power stuff can come later or even next issue if Slott makes the main 4 stand out next issue.
    Exactly. The point of the last page is that the FF is more than just the core four - that their "extended family" encompasses every corner of the MU.

There's plenty of time to show off the strength of the core four, right now it's more important to show what kind of deep ties the FF have across the entire MU.

Incredible Member

Didnt like 1st issue at all but this one was good stuff. We are up and running

All-New Member

I was reading this thinking about what trash it was until I turned that last page and did a complete 180. That was a dope issue.

This was another great issue from Slott. Slott understands the characters in the Fantastic Four mythos and I think he has shown this in both the issue that are out right now.

I like that Franklin and Val were aged up. Val never really acted like she would at the age she was supposed to be and I think making them teenagers could be used in storylines.

The continuity between panels in Pichelli's art was not always that good. But that is a minor problem I had with the issue.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I hope Dan Slott answer why Iceman is there. He's the odd one out and the more I think about it the more confused I am.

Maybe it was a mistake.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

While we're at it how is H.E.R.B.I.E. included when he was an official member only in the second cartoon and not in 616?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    While we're at it how is H.E.R.B.I.E. included when he was an official member only in the second cartoon and not in 616?
    He was in the 616. I don't know if they ever called him an "official member" but he was in the book and on the team for a bit.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yep Slott stretched the definition of official member a bit because also in Frankie Raye's case she almost became a full member but then was transformed in Nova and joined Galactus. If we are to go by Marvel Handbooks she wasn't an official member.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This should have been the first issue
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

I hope we get some explanation of why Reed and Sue didn't ever contact Ben and Johnny to let them know "we're fine and off repairing the multiverse". Seems like a callous thing to do just let them think they'd died. I suppose Franklin's burn out is so in story no one asks why they can't just ask Franklin to alter reality. Also does this mean that all the Molecule Men are dead throughout the universe or just the prime one that was accompanying the Future Foundation.

The issue itself was good. I kinda wished we'd gotten a Future Foundation comic with them exploring the multiverse but this was a nice glimpse at what they had been up to since the end of Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I hope we get some explanation of why Reed and Sue didn't ever contact Ben and Johnny to let them know "we're fine and off repairing the multiverse". Seems like a callous thing to do just let them think they'd died. I suppose Franklin's burn out is so in story no one asks why they can't just ask Franklin to alter reality. Also does this mean that all the Molecule Men are dead throughout the universe or just the prime one that was accompanying the Future Foundation.

The issue itself was good. I kinda wished we'd gotten a Future Foundation comic with them exploring the multiverse but this was a nice glimpse at what they had been up to since the end of Secret Wars.
    That is the one thing I don't like. It's completely out of character for them to not tell Ben and Johnny.

Johnny, Sue's only brother that she practically raised herself. There is no way that Sue would ever willingly not tell Johnny what they were doing and make him think that his entire family, except Ben, are dead. She'd never abandon him and make him think he was all alone.

Ben is practically Reed's brother. He forced his way to heaven to bring him back from the dead, but he is ok with abandoning him?

There better be a good explanation for this, like they actually told them or something and a villain tampered with their memories. Something like that. Because them abandoning those two makes no sense at a and it's the one thing I hate.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-12-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm so glad they are back. This was a great issue. Love Val's codename, with the nod to Sue's maiden name.

I am surprised that they "killed" owen off, although it would have been difficult to bring him back with them to the 616, as powerful as he was. It's probably also the reason that they powered down Franklin. It's too much of a deus ex machina.

I hope they have Reed cut the beard. I'm not a fan of it. Sara's a very good artist but she makes his beard look weird.

Anxious for the next issue!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor