Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Maybe it's just me, but Franklin looks a bit too buff for my tastes. It makes him artificially age more than he really needs, especially with how they already aged him. This is prominent when he's on an operating table for one panel. I don't know, he just looks weird to me.

I'm happy we got to see Alex and Bentley and was really surprised how the Future Foundation tried to fight Griever.

Also, I find it really hilarious that Val of all people has gone boy crazy. I was sure Franklin would be the first to fall head over heels for someone, hopefully someone from the Summers family, and do crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I suppose Franklin's burn out is so in story no one asks why they can't just ask Franklin to alter reality.
    I thought Reed and Dragon Man made it clear that Franklin just can't create more universes while still having his broken as hell powers. Sure, he might not be able to create universes, but he can most certainly alter the current one.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-12-2018 at 06:52 PM.

If I could alter reality... I'd be pretty buff too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That is the one thing I don't like. It's completely out of character for them to not tell Ben and Johnny.
    It was briefly mentioned that they couldn't, though how that's beyond a group that can create universes I've no idea. MM gave them very ... targeted powers I guess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    It was briefly mentioned that they couldn't, though how that's beyond a group that can create universes I've no idea. MM gave them very ... targeted powers I guess.
    The issue implies that the Future Foundation couldn't reach Earth. In any way. No travel, no communication. Contacting their loved ones was impossible. It's the impossible thing that Reed does at the conclusion, after all.

The real question is why was that a thing? It feels like the kind of thing that could either be plot relevant, or just a throwaway never to be explored again depending on how Slott wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The issue implies that the Future Foundation couldn't reach Earth. In any way. No travel, no communication. Contacting their loved ones was impossible. It's the impossible thing that Reed does at the conclusion, after all.

The real question is why was that a thing? It feels like the kind of thing that could either be plot relevant, or just a throwaway never to be explored again depending on how Slott wants to go.
    I can certainly understand not taking Ben and Johnny with them. Everyone knows how bored they get when the sciencey lab stuff comes up and that's exactly what the universe creating stuff was going to be 24/7. they'd have been bored.. then they would have inadvertently screwed something up. It was inevitable. Best to let them hang out at bars and pick up women back on earth.

However, I can't believe they couldn't get a message to them. Even if it wasn't verbal... when recreating this universe... suddenly Mount Rushmore looks the Fantastic four with a big Thumbs up growing out of the center.... That seems legit

I think Ben and Johnny could have accepted that they weren't needed for THIS type of adventure as long as they knew their family was alive and doing fine. Not that much different from the other times Sue and Reed try to retire and live a quiet life... just inbetween universes this time

BANNED

What a comic

Fantastic stuff

That is the one thing I don't like. It's completely out of character for them to not tell Ben and Johnny.

Johnny, Sue's only brother that she practically raised herself. There is no way that Sue would ever willingly not tell Johnny what they were doing and make him think that his entire family, except Ben, are dead. She'd never abandon him and make him think he was all alone.

Ben is practically Reed's brother. He forced his way to heaven to bring him back from the dead, but he is ok with abandoning him?

There better be a good explanation for this, like they actually told them or something and a villain tampered with their memories. Something like that. Because them abandoning those two makes no sense at a and it's the one thing I hate.
    A lot of things are unexplained, especially Sue and Johnny.

Let me remind everyone, Sue was last married to Victor von Doom, and this Sue was okay with burning Johnny as a sun for Battleworld for 8 years, so it’s quite possible this is the same Sue that Reed calls his wife now. She was quite callous towards Johnny on Battleworld. Just the psychology of Reed making Dooms wife his own is hard to digest. But if that’s the case, Dan Slott has a whole lot of ‘splainin’ to do about the FF.

Just to inflame the situation, what will Victor do when he sees his wife, Sue, with Reed now, when the FF get back to Earth? What will Amara do?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-13-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The issue has hit the stands so now we can discuss it. And it lets us know how far Franklin's universe-building powers go, as he pretty much lets his universes run on their own once conceptualized by him and then stabilized by Owen. And we see the Griever make her debut and her motivations for destroying the Multiverse. So is she a manifestation of a fundamental aspect of existence? A physical being who merely assumes such a role?

And that last page reveal:
    spoilers:
    All present and past members of the Fantastic Four are summoned to Reed and Sue's side by what was ostensibly that ginormous "4" signal we saw last issue. A roll call:

The original Fantastic Four: Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny

The substitute members: Crystal, Medusa, H.E.R.B.I.E. (in the second cartoon), Luke Cage, Frankie Raye as Nova, She-Hulk (as Jen Walters), Ms. Marvel/She-Thing, the New FF of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch), Hulk as Mr. Fixit (if that is the Iceman-looking guy next to Crystal, as Banner is the only one who isn't automatically recognizable), Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Namorita, Black Panther, Storm, and Miss Thing.
    end of spoilers
    I can certainly understand why something like the Griever would appear in this Multiverse the FF created, because the Multiverse is so unnatural. You need an entity that comes along to either unravel all the FF’s Multiverse for creating something synthetic, or, it wants to rectify all the made-up wishful nature of the Multiverse. Something has to spring up, like Galactus, and be this counter force of nature for anything that is synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    A lot of things are unexplained, especially Sue and Johnny.

Let me remind everyone, Sue was last married to Victor von Doom, and this Sue was okay with burning Johnny as a sun for Battleworld for 8 years, so it’s quite possible this is the same Sue that Reed calls his wife now. She was quite callous towards Johnny on Battleworld. Just the psychology of Reed making Dooms wife his own is hard to digest. But if that’s the case, Dan Slott has a whole lot of ‘splainin’ to do about the FF.

Just to inflame the situation, what will Victor do when he sees his wife, Sue, with Reed now, when the FF get back to Earth? What will Amara do?
    For the last time. Battleworld is an alternate reality Sue. We've been over this so many times, it's getting annoying.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

A literally Fantastic issue. Love it from cover to cover.

P.S. delighted that they have aged the kids. I was really hoping they would, and the teaser pictures did suggest it. It is about time!

P.P.S. It was done in a way that does not imply time has passed for them. Read the issue carefully. "...the kids are growing up too fast" has a double meaning.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-13-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

It was very clear that they set this idea up in secret Wars and how we mostly understood it ever since. This is nothing to do with the current creators, rather it is the situation they have inherited.

If Reed and co. went on to recreate the multiverse (which was kind of important) then they would be away for a very long time. That was the whole point. A way to move the F4 completely off of the board for as long as needed. The sacrifice was that nobody would know where they went. As far as the world was concerned the reset/recreation of the universe on the day the 616 and the 1610 collided happened relatively seamlessly. People witnessed the world coming to an end and then it was fixed. The F4 were just gone. Missing presumed dead. That was the entire conceit of using Secret Wars as an end to the F4.

For the last time. Battleworld is an alternate reality Sue. We've been over this so many times, it's getting annoying.
    Yes in canon you are totally right. You realise he has his tongue in his cheek here? Those of us that know full well that Sue in Secret Wars was the real one also know that there was a veil out to allow everyone else to ignore the implications. We just like to poke at the blind occasionally. It's all in fun. None of us get to decide what is 'real' in comics, but we all get to decide what we personally believe to be real.

https://twitter.com/KingImpulse/stat...89796565909504

These people are insane.

Cool issue, just a bit puzzled about Iceman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Haha, what an idiot.

Seriously, that is fuc*ing stupid. I guess we can expect a CBR story now about how racist this issue is and how unwoke Dan Slott is about alien natives.

Of course, the headline will be something like "We Need To Talk About..." or "problematic" will be in there someplace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Dan Slott is racist now? I just figured that character was a rip-off of the aliens from Avatar, except with red skin instead of blue. Nothing particularly offensive here, comic books borrow from sci-fi imagery all the time.