Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder what we’ll get with Eradikus. I hope she’s the sci-fi equivalent of Umar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    WHen your kids have aged 10+, maybe you'll be blessed enough to know

Seriously, aging is pretty slow from 30s to 40s, I wouldn't sweat it. In contrast, a kid at 12 vs 16 looks like 20+ years of growth. There's nothing linear about it.
    Sue's narration notes that "The kids are growing up too fast". Maybe that's a literalism in this case. Maybe travelling between freshly created worlds is messing with the kids' aging process somehow.

It's going to be really interesting seeing how the family dynamic changes like we already see Reed trying to deal with Valeria and boys. Some fun things can come from this.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

The artwork itself leaves a lot to be desired. Especially compared to how beautiful Secret Wars looked only three years ago. With that said, I'm glad that Marvel is finally aging Franklin and Valeria. Now that the kids are older hopefully they'll have more scope to appear independent in stories.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

They really, really should bring back "What If?" and have it basically be an FF spin-off based around exploring Franklin and the FF's universes.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's going to be really interesting seeing how the family dynamic changes like we already see Reed trying to deal with Valeria and boys. Some fun things can come from this.
    Oh man. Uncle Ben is going to be terrifying for any would be suitor. I'm expecting Namor to do something skeevy. And overly-protective Johnny Storm makes me laugh already.

Also: Now that they are of similar age Franklin and Miles should interact.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How long has passed? An entire decade? Val's now old enough that an alien tried to propose to her!?!

Nice codenames. Franklin's codename Powerhouse is probably Alex's idea, as he was called that in New Warriors (he had all of the Power Pack's powers at the time). And Val is Brainstorm, an obvious reference to her intellect and Sue's maiden name.
    I was thinking either the kids went off on their own adventure like in Marvel Legacy #1 and aged faster or Molecule Man is keeping the adults from aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    The artwork itself leaves a lot to be desired. Especially compared to how beautiful Secret Wars looked only three years ago. With that said, I'm glad that Marvel is finally aging Franklin and Valeria. Now that the kids are older hopefully they'll have more scope to appear independent in stories.
    True. But Ribic is pretty good and they gave him all the time he needed instead of getting rushed like what we get with Lencil Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Oh man. Uncle Ben is going to be terrifying for any would be suitor. I'm expecting Namor to do something skeevy. And overly-protective Johnny Storm makes me laugh already.

lol Have some faith. He didn't hit on the teenage Val from post-Heroes Return.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    True. But Ribic is pretty good and they gave him all the time he needed instead of getting rushed like what we get with Lencil Yu.

lol Have some faith. He didn't hit on the teenage Val from post-Heroes Return.
    Maybe Val will try to hit on Namor!

It would be funny to see him fumbling and losing his composure because he knows he CAN'T act all sketchy, and he's is overcome with modesty around her.
    Pull List:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I can see the tension between him and Bentley 23 right now.

Since Franklin is still a mutant, I think he should be interacting with some members of Xavier's School for Mutant Outreach. He needs to interact with people his own age that haven't traveled the multiverse. And maybe become really good friends with a member of the Summers family.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-07-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Is Franklin old enough so I can get my OTP?

Mighty Member

I can only imagine Franklin trying to get a date out of any girl, preferably Hope or possibly an alt-universe Rachel, seeing how the current Rachel have a relationship with 616 Franklin is wrong on so many levels, would be like Thanos trying to court Death. Make a shrine to her. Fail. Make a fake girl out of thin air to make her jealous. Fail. Curtail his power in a fight to show off how macho he is. Fail.

I wonder what they're going to do with Franklin and his powerset now that he's older.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

For me, what's really great about the kids being this much older is that Sue no longer has to be anchored to the book. She can now guest appear in anything and even have a solo/mini book without the "She can't because she has to look after the kids" excuse. She can have her own adventures if she wants.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!