Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    WHen your kids have aged 10+, maybe you'll be blessed enough to know

Seriously, aging is pretty slow from 30s to 40s, I wouldn't sweat it. In contrast, a kid at 12 vs 16 looks like 20+ years of growth. There's nothing linear about it.
    And even beyond the normal difference between adult aging and kids growing up, I guess Reed's skin is going to keep its elasticity better than most, and perhaps Sue can make just wrinkles invisible... ;-)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How long has passed? An entire decade? Val's now old enough that an alien tried to propose to her!?!

Nice codenames. Franklin's codename Powerhouse is probably Alex's idea, as he was called that in New Warriors (he had all of the Power Pack's powers at the time). And Val is Brainstorm, an obvious reference to her intellect and Sue's maiden name.
    I instantly thought of the character Powerhouse from The Man Called Nova. Those characters wound up in a memorable Fantastic Four storyline, with Galactus battling the Sphinx.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was amused by the meta when Sue narrated that the Sue/Namor shipping is just fanfic.
    Me too, and I can think of one poster at least that won't be happy about that. But Val....I just can't get used to her looking more like a young woman yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Maybe Val will try to hit on Namor!

It would be funny to see him fumbling and losing his composure because he knows he CAN'T act all sketchy, and he's is overcome with modesty around her.
    I think it's too bad that the Hood/Demon messed up Victor's face again. Can you imagine Reed and Sue having to deal with Val having a crush on her Uncle Doom. That is probably too messed up for a PG comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    For me, what's really great about the kids being this much older is that Sue no longer has to be anchored to the book. She can now guest appear in anything and even have a solo/mini book without the "She can't because she has to look after the kids" excuse. She can have her own adventures if she wants.
    I dunno, they're super-powered and super-smart teenagers now. They might need more supervising .

Mighty Member

Wonder how Franklin's going to react to Kobik taking his job as the young reality warper who messes things up, Heroes Reborn for Franklin and Secret Empire for Kobik.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's going to be really interesting seeing how the family dynamic changes like we already see Reed trying to deal with Valeria and boys. Some fun things can come from this.
    I love pointing out slight differences we have in opinion as I know we both love the FF. But you are spot on with this observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    They really, really should bring back "What If?" and have it basically be an FF spin-off based around exploring Franklin and the FF's universes.
    A) QFT
    B) What they said
    C) This
    D) All of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, they're super-powered and super-smart teenagers now. They might need more supervising .
    Everybody BUT Franklin and Val agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too, and I can think of one poster at least that won't be happy about that. But Val....I just can't get used to her looking more like a young woman yet.
    I have to agree to your last sentence, Iron Maiden. And I won't event comment your next post... Maybe the aging hies a littke bit further tban ehat I expected...

I guess also that I have the same poster in mind, the one who won't like the part about Namor. Which was kinda fun imho bte...

(And yes: I had some wuite long vacations this summer...)
    Last edited by Abe; 09-07-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Hmmm... If I don't really disagree with the message - even if it's probably a little bit more complex- I have to say that I'm pretty sure that such red hat's ate bannexin Latveria, and thus also in every Latverian embassy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    The artwork itself leaves a lot to be desired. Especially compared to how beautiful Secret Wars looked only three years ago. With that said, I'm glad that Marvel is finally aging Franklin and Valeria. Now that the kids are older hopefully they'll have more scope to appear independent in stories.
    I like it. To be honest seeing Ribic every month as the main FF artist would be a dream come true, of course. But us it even possible? I mean such work need time. And so far I'm really pleased by the art by Sara Pichelli. The kittens in the first issue were amazing! And Alicia. And that last page too...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I have to agree to your last sentence, Iron Maiden. And I won't event comment your next post... Maybe the aging hies a littke bit further tban ehat I expected...

I guess also that I have the same poster in mind, the one who won't like the part about Namor. Which was kinda fun imho bte...

(And yes: I had some quite long vacations this summer...)
    Good for you. I hope you had a great time.

Yeah, I was the second post was a bit dubious. But the part about Sue being aware of fanfic about herself and Namor reminded me of some fanfic I've stumbled across that would raise your eyebrows.

Astonishing Member

I'm happy with this

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Good for you. I hope you had a great time.

Yeah, I was the second post was a bit dubious. But the part about Sue being aware of fanfic about herself and Namor reminded me of some fanfic I've stumbled across that would raise your eyebrows.
    I had some good time... but the long vacations come with the job you know and they were quite casual, at home, with nothing exotic. I just guess that I'm not a poster in the summer ...