We are going to have new entries in to two beloved cinetatic series which share a number of similarities.
I am reffering for the Halloween and The Terminator franchises. Let's take a look...

Both of these new franchises had wrote cinematic history and they were established by two prolific figures... John Carpender for H and James Cameron for T.

Both of these people are returning to the franchises that they created in to some degree of capacity. John produces and composes the new film while Cameron produces the new film of T. In both cases, the new films will be directed by new director which will operate under the directions of the returning creators.

Both of these series feature a well beloved female lead character portrayed by well known actresses that started their careers from these roles. Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode and Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Both of them are returning to these roles after a great time period of absence.

Both of these series have suffered many cinematic bad entries. Halloween had being strucken by Halloween Resurection and the Rob Zombie movies. Zombie's Halloween 2 in particilar was met by critic and viewer trashing and it was a financial flop. The Terminator was stuggling to find a footing after Cameron's T2 by three sequels: Terminator 3 (whch was the best out of these three), Terminator Salvation and 2015's Genisys which almost brought an end. These new installments have to give a great battle in order to bring these franchises back into track.

Both of these new installments will completely ignore the events that took place in the earlier movies in an attempt to either give new breath of life or give a new direction for future possible installments. Halloween 2018 will ignore everything that took place after the original movie and it will also retcon the relationship between Laurie and Michael. John acknowledged the new film as a new calibration resetting the timeline into new territories. In the mean while, the new Terminator will ignore everything that took place after T2. Cameron even considered T3, TS and TG as... bad dreams.

I personally hope that both franchises will be restored int their former greatness because i love both of them.