Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Uh? Where did you get that from? (I think Hopeless kinda mentioned it but what in this preview make you think so?)
    She remembered it and told Jeen everything was real.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    She was referring to Generations when she met the Phoenix clone, not Ghost Jean. The captions even references that issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was referring to Generations when she met the Phoenix clone, not Ghost Jean. The captions even references that issue
    Which is surprising in this generation of editors to not only give a reference, but a reference to another book!

Bunn probably left a note to the editor to make an editor's note.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bunn probably left a note to the editor to make an editor's note.
    This preview is actually readable and sounds nothing like the previous issue. It's like Bunn was actually allowed to write this one

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bunn probably has to edit his own work so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bunn probably has to edit his own work so...
    did you miss the bit where he said he was basically told what to write?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes, Bunn is referencing his own work since he wrote the Generations issue. Ghost Jean has been completely ignored. To be honest, I think everything that happened in the Jean solo has been ignored and forgotten.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It's the Phoenix Force that rejected Jeen...

Authors have a tendency to want to bring back the Phoenix into Jean' story. But this specific story is written at a time, and by authors, who just went to a lot of trouble to keep the Phoenix away from Jeen (and Jean). So sure, some future author may want to give back the PF to Jean. But no, in this specific story there is no reason to think it's what the author is doing.

Anyway, this future is going to be erased. It's not like if they will have the time to develop bunch of secondary plots. This scene happen like that because it's an explicite reference to the scene in Generations. That's about it. No need to look for some other meaning.
    The Silver Surfer specifically called her Phoenix before she shields herself from an attack by multiple surfers, and then she manifests a Phoenix raptor. This isn't how you declare Jean Grey's independence from the Phoenix force. If the writers and editors really want to declare her independence they would keep her away from anything cosmic and definitely not have her be called Phoenix and manifest Phoenix raptors.

X-Men Dark Phoenix is undergoing reshoots and soon the movie's marketing will be out and the trailer will be out. Now that Disney has been approved to buy Fox, the comics and the movies can synch more. There's no way the Marvel won't capitalize on the upcoming Phoenix film now that Disney owns both Marvel and Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    As others pointed out, that was a reference to the events in Generation, not to Ghost Jean...

Wow! I might have to pick this up. Hate the 05 but jean kicking butt is always nice to see and the dialogue here is fantastic

Adult Jean remembers what? Being a clone? Being Ghost Jean?? What Phoenix clone?

I love seeing Jean and Jeen bond over their weird experiences. The dialogue is kind of clunky but given the background of the characters I'm not really blaming Bunn for it.

The pink phoenix totally works for me given the purple theme of the page...Is Galactus changing the color of the atmosphere? I don't think he's ever done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Adult Jean remembers what? Being a clone? Being Ghost Jean?? What Phoenix clone?
    I think she just remembers coming to the cafe with Jeen? That's how I understand the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    She remembers the events in Generations:Phoenix when she met Jeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I love seeing Jean and Jeen bond over their weird experiences. The dialogue is kind of clunky but given the background of the characters I'm not really blaming Bunn for it.

The pink phoenix totally works for me given the purple theme of the page...Is Galactus changing the color of the atmosphere? I don't think he's ever done that before.

I think she just remembers coming to the cafe with Jeen? That's how I understand the dialogue.
    Your comments about the coloring reminds me of an issue of all new xmen... when the 05 and kitty are on the jet. It’s sunset and it’s obvious through the colorings of the art. But some folks were confused about why everyone looked red/pink. Lols.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?