Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean first reconstructed her body after dying on the shuttle (explained in #125). Per the retcon the Phoenix Force creates a new body for Jean and transfers most of her mind and soul into it except for a spark left in the cocooned original body (Classic # 8).

In Bizarre Adventures, Jean rebuilds her and Sara’s bodies telekinetically as a way of transmuting them from Atlantean back to human.

Rachel did this same trick in an Uncanny Annual to restore Sue Storm and others back to human after being transformed into hounds.

Rachel also telekinically transformed herself into a dinosaur woman in Uncanny Reload.

Teen Jean was reduced to ash by the Phoenix Force, but was able to take control of the White Hot Room and force the Phoenix to restore her ( Jean Grey 10 and 11).

The Poisons took over Teen Jean destroying her body. Using her super tp/TK pink psychic form, Jean was able to overpower the poisons and reconstruct her body from stray genetic material (Poison storyline).

Betsy recently used a lot of soul energy (to amp her TK?) to reconstruct her British body (hunt for wolverine madripoor story).

There have been times in which Cable was able to transmute his techno organic parts to flesh (with the help of Jean and Hope but I think also on his own). One run where he was at his potential he could atomize bad guys or even transmute them into monsters. Nate Grey could phase through objects using his telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean first reconstructed her body after dying on the shuttle (explained in #125). Per the retcon the Phoenix Force creates a new body for Jean and transfers most of her mind and soul into it except for a spark left in the cocooned original body (Classic # 8).

In Bizarre Adventures, Jean rebuilds her and SaraÂ’s bodies telekinetically as a way of transmuting them from Atlantean back to human.

Rachel did this same trick in an Uncanny Annual to restore Sue Storm and others back to human after being transformed into hounds.

Rachel also telekinically transformed herself into a dinosaur woman in Uncanny Reload.

Teen Jean was reduced to ash by the Phoenix Force, but was able to take control of the White Hot Room and force the Phoenix to restore her ( Jean Grey 10 and 11).

The Poisons took over Teen Jean destroying her body. Using her super tp/TK pink psychic form, Jean was able to overpower the poisons and reconstruct her body from stray genetic material (Poison storyline).

Betsy recently used a lot of soul energy (to amp her TK?) to reconstruct her British body (hunt for wolverine madripoor story).

There have been times in which Cable was able to transmute his techno organic parts to flesh (with the help of Jean and Hope but I think also on his own). One run where he was at his potential he could atomize bad guys or even transmute them into monsters. Nate Grey could phase through objects using his telekinesis.
    There's a lot that can be done with telekinesis once molecular manipulation is learned. Madelyne healed Sebastian Shaw's facial scarring and healed Chimera's stab wounds. She has phased her hand inside someone and pulled out a person that was physically possessing that body. She transformed Jean's parents into demons. Nate Grey was so powerful that he unconsciously reconstituted Madelyne's essence and recreated a body for her.

Betsy has used telekinesis to appear invisible, make an unconscious and intangible Kitty and Rachel tangible again, and sword that could slice between molecules without harming physical flesh.

Xavier recently reconstructed Fantomex's body to appear the same as his original body, only younger.

So many possibilities. Even absorbing psychic energy as Emma absorbed ambient psychic energy and redirected it at "Monet". Betsy absorbed Cable and Jean's psychic energy, amplified, & focused it with her own and destroyed the entire phalanx neural network, Nate Grey absorbed a little of Maddie's psychic energy to raise his depleted energy levels, etc.

So basically all of our powerful pychics can and have done the same type of things? Are some capable of things others cannot do?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So basically all of our powerful pychics can and have done the same type of things? Are some capable of things others cannot do?
    Because of the nebulous nature of how psychics have slowly grown stronger since their introduction, what each can truly do at any given time is unclear. It's part of the reason the "Most powerful telepath" debate is 35 pages long.

Most can create psionic weaponry, but only Psylocke and QQQ often make use of it.

Most can redirect psionic energy, but only Jeen and Emma make use of it

Etc

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because of the nebulous nature of how psychics have slowly grown stronger since their introduction, what each can truly do at any given time is unclear. It's part of the reason the "Most powerful telepath" debate is 35 pages long.

Most can create psionic weaponry, but only Psylocke and QQQ often make use of it.

Most can redirect psionic energy, but only Jeen and Emma make use of it

Etc
    I see that more as their preferred fighting styles. Psylocke and QQ are more melee while Jean and Emma are strategic and defensive.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I see that more as their preferred fighting styles. Psylocke and QQ are more melee while Jean and Emma are strategic and defensive.
    I think that Jean is more aggressive than defensive - she's always been raw strength over control. But they really are two sides of the same coin either way.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Xavier was always a very powerful telepath, but Jean was the first super powered telepath/telekinetic when she became Phoenix.

Now, most of the psychics are overpowered.

Rachel has created a singularity with her TK and has levitated a city. She has mindscanned all 6 billion people on Earth. Emma and Betsy have performed global telepathic feats. Jean has too. Like Jean, Emma and Betsy have been elevated to omega level psychics status.

M has been given telekinesis. At one point Dani had tp, TK, and reality warping. Villians like Legion and Exodus are off the charts psychics.

I liked it when the psychics were different. Xavier was powerful and the most experienced. Jean and her children had the ultimate potential. They were the telekinetics and potential Phoenixes. Emma was powerful and more ruthless with her tp. Betsy’s strength was her specialized abilities like precog flashes, psycho blast or psychic knive. M should only have basic tp not TK. Dani should only have her fear casting and animal telepathy/empathy. Quentin should only have powerful telepathy. Likewise the cuckoos, but with their hive mind and no individuality.

Now it seems like all the psychics have the potential to use any and all of the psychic powers. And it seems like they are all omega level.

BANNED

Looks like Blue is going to be finishing strong. I love that it touches on Generations Phoenix & Jean Grey, and I think that the conversation had between Jean & Jean is really well done, and captures the characters beautifully. Cullen has indicated that there will be similar conversations between the other members of the O5 and their older counterparts, which is really cool. I'm kinda hoping that in regards to Scott that he'll speak with Alex or Emma before the series wraps.

The art is on point.

That manifestation of a telekinetic phoenix raptor <insert heart eyes here>

Question: how are there three Silver Surfers? I assume it's just three individuals imbued with the power cosmic, but I didn't think that it manifested itself in the same way, hence why Airwalker, Firelord and Stardust have very different aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Xavier was always a very powerful telepath, but Jean was the first super powered telepath/telekinetic when she became Phoenix.

Now, most of the psychics are overpowered.

Rachel has created a singularity with her TK and has levitated a city. She has mindscanned all 6 billion people on Earth. Emma and Betsy have performed global telepathic feats. Jean has too. Like Jean, Emma and Betsy have been elevated to omega level psychics status.

M has been given telekinesis. At one point Dani had tp, TK, and reality warping. Villians like Legion and Exodus are off the charts psychics.

I liked it when the psychics were different. Xavier was powerful and the most experienced. Jean and her children had the ultimate potential. They were the telekinetics and potential Phoenixes. Emma was powerful and more ruthless with her tp. Betsy’s strength was her specialized abilities like precog flashes, psycho blast or psychic knive. M should only have basic tp not TK. Dani should only have her fear casting and animal telepathy/empathy. Quentin should only have powerful telepathy. Likewise the cuckoos, but with their hive mind and no individuality.

Now it seems like all the psychics have the potential to use any and all of the psychic powers. And it seems like they are all omega level.
    I agree they should all have their "specialties" as you mentioned. They all seem to be all over the place these days, which does not make them all equal, but only causes confusion.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

So does anybody know if this is going to be a new storyline, or is it just part three of the Magneto thing that's going on? Because if it's the first, I'll have to think about it, but if it's the second, I'll want to read a scan first. Not a fan of what they're doing to Magneto.
    Or Doom.
    Or Loki.
    Or Emma.
    jeez marvel quit making characters good and then evil again.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    So does anybody know if this is going to be a new storyline, or is it just part three of the Magneto thing that's going on? Because if it's the first, I'll have to think about it, but if it's the second, I'll want to read a scan first. Not a fan of what they're doing to Magneto.
    Or Doom.
    Or Loki.
    Or Emma.
    I'm pretty sure that Bunn has finished with Magneto. My impression is that this is a storyline centered on the O5 and their adult counterparts, as a way of saying goodbye before Extermination.

I'm with you regarding Erik, Victor, Loki & Emma. It really irritates me that writers redeem these characters only for another writer to come along and undo it all. It disregards the dozens of stories where they've proven themselves as heroes and have grown as individuals. I mean, I don't get why they don't just build up other villains in their stead. Exodus instead of Magneto, Wizard instead of Doom, Malekith instead of Loki, Selene instead of Emma...

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Or Doom.
    Or Loki.
    Or Emma.

There are two issues left before Blue ends so it's about wrapping things up at this point. We got some interesting developments with Magneto in #33 but #34 was about putting him back on his usual path to end Blue without upsetting the status quo in the X-Men universe. The brief synopsis we have for #35 talks about the O5 facing some 'realities about their future', and the synopsis for #36 is some vague stuff about destiny and the young O5 getting answers from their older selves. I don't see them bringing Magneto into all this...I think the end of #34 was about setting up a new bad guy for a future ongoing (Uncanny?), and Blue 35 and 36 is going to be about wrapping up what the young O5 learnt during their time in the present.

Have you been reading Extermination? spoilers:
    Extermination makes it look like the O5 are definitely going back in time, but it looks like Blue is set before Extermination since there are no references to these events in Blue. I think Blue is going to end with two issues that don't have any significant events but hopefully with some interesting dialogue. Stuff is happening at a fast pace in Extermination and there is no time for introspection so I think Blue 35 and 36 will kind of be a way for readers to say goodbye to the young O5.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There are two issues left before Blue ends so it's about wrapping things up at this point. We got some interesting developments with Magneto in #33 but #34 was about putting him back on his usual path to end Blue without upsetting the status quo in the X-Men universe. The brief synopsis we have for #35 talks about the O5 facing some 'realities about their future', and the synopsis for #36 is some vague stuff about destiny and the young O5 getting answers from their older selves. I don't see them bringing Magneto into all this...I think the end of #34 was about setting up a new bad guy for a future ongoing (Uncanny?), and Blue 35 and 36 is going to be about wrapping up what the young O5 learnt during their time in the present.

Have you been reading Extermination? spoilers:
    Extermination makes it look like the O5 are definitely going back in time, but it looks like Blue is set before Extermination since there are no references to these events in Blue. I think Blue is going to end with two issues that don't have any significant events but hopefully with some interesting dialogue. Stuff is happening at a fast pace in Extermination and there is no time for introspection so I think Blue 35 and 36 will kind of be a way for readers to say goodbye to the young O5.
    end of spoilers
    Nice. In that case, I'll pick it up.
    And as indicated in my signature, Extermination is, in fact, on my pull list.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"