Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope adult Jean talk with tyke. Or maybe he will have a cool selfreflection alone.
    He'll be creeped out again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    He'll be creeped out again.
    Why?

I don't think Jean would try to do the same that Emma did.

This is triggering so many good emotions for me.

I’m gonna miss teen jean. How cool is it that a younger version of oneself gets to hand the baton off to the older version of themselves. Such a cool concept.

It’s sad that she (and the others) May have to go back with wiped minds but at least she got to be a placeholder for her dead adult self in saving the world and the galaxy on numerous occasions. Now her adult self can have that role back. I just find that so cool.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Even though I hate the retcon, I’m not mad at this. They act like “maybe” it happened and not that it is the definitive explanation. Claremont always hinted there was more to the story (of course in Classic he describes that there was). Even Rosenberg in Resurrection had Jean wondering whether it wasn’t really her, sorta was her, or really was just her.

Plus here they draw parallels between whatever happened on the shuttle and with the cocoon with Teen Jean reconstituting herself after being killed by the Poisons. They affirm that Teen Jean is real and Adult Jean is real and Jean remembers what happened in Generations. Of course then they act like they don’t know how adult Jean remembers and offers several possible explanations.

It is interesting that Adult Teen Jean takes on the Phoenix codename and pink raptor effect.

Teen Jean has died and resurrected twice now. She certainly deserves the Phoenix moniker. Also due to Teen Jean and Time Travel, Jean has definitely been connected to the Phoenix before the Uncanny 101 event (even if we ignore her Classic 42 preteen manifestation).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why?

I don't think Jean would try to do the same that Emma did.
    Of course not.But tyke probably still will.

Is that a reference to Generations? But wasn't that created by the Cosmic Cube? As in, it wasn't real? I thought they revealed that in Generations: Captain America.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only Captain America's was fabricated. The others actually happened, we've already had Hawkeye confirm it, and now Jean.
    Never mind.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The conversation they are having about Jean's memory is silly. Jean gained the memories of the Phoenix when Maddie died, it's not the kind of thing she would be likely to forget.

LOL...Jean looks like her mother. The hair and clothes really make her look more like a "mom"

Ugh, I can already tell this is gonna be GREAT.

Definitely looks like fun. I hope the other O5 members also get some good time in the present to talk with their counterparts as well as some spotlight time in the alternate future.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Since that is Super Saiyan Pink Jeen in the future, I guess the whole "Leave me alone" she told the bird didn't stick?
    I don't understand why you say that? The pink stuff is Jeen's "new" power, not the PF. She did the same in Generation against Galactus without the PF (and she also displayed a pink raptor then)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm glad that they're talking. But the Phoenix retcon being mentioned annoys me too much for me to really enjoy this lol. I was glad Jean remembers it, but then they implied it's more because Jeen remembers it lol.
    I mean really he was non-committal either way lol Was it the Phoenix? Was it because Jeen is broadcasting her memories? Was it because Jean is reading Jeen's mind? WHO KNOWS!!

This was Bunn basically saying " believe whatever explanation makes the most sense to you" lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This might be one of my favorite X-men previews of all time. Jean Grey talking to her younger self and then going off to punch Galactus again. THIS is why we love Jean Grey. THIS is why we're so glad she's back.
    I like that her punching Galactus was remember. Awesome. And I love the pink Phoenix effect and that she's called Phoenix again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I like that her punching Galactus was remember. Awesome. And I love the pink Phoenix effect and that she's called Phoenix again.
    The Phoenix and Jean Grey just go hand-in-hand the Phoenix is an integral part of her Mythos now and I don't see Marvel changing that anytime soon. I consider the Phoenix in Jean Grey to be on a break from each other right now but eventually Marvel will find a reason for Jean Grey to reclaim the Phoenix Force. It might be a year from now it might be 5 but it'll happen lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...Jean looks like her mother. The hair and clothes really make her look more like a "mom"
    She does give off a “mother” vibe, I’m still waiting for Scott to knock her up.
    And no not Nathan or a child from another universe.