Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I don't understand why you say that? The pink stuff is Jeen's "new" power, not the PF. She did the same in Generation against Galactus without the PF (and she also displayed a pink raptor then)
    In the Generations issue teen Jean was absorbing psychic power from Jean and the Phoenix itself, which probably helped shape the pink raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    She does give off a “mother” vibe, I’m still waiting for Scott to knock her up.
    And no not Nathan or a child from another universe.
    It'd be hard to do that when he's dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... Since at least the mid 90s

Ah, X-Men #70. I remember it well, and most fondly. Believe it had an opening scene with Jean psychically slipping into Franklin's Heroes Reborn universe, and having a confrontation with Iron Man, but I could be wrong.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Ah, X-Men #70. I remember it well, and most fondly. Believe it had an opening scene with Jean psychically slipping into Franklin's Heroes Reborn universe, and having a confrontation with Iron Man, but I could be wrong.
    That's a scene from a few issues before that, written by Scott Lobdell. It didn't get anywhere

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    That's a scene from a few issues before that, written by Scott Lobdell. It didn't get anywhere
    Gotcha, kinda feel the urge to check it out now, lol. Sorta remember Cable, and maybe some other psis, doin' the same. Believe it was meant to show in a low key but connected way, that Franklin's world was weakening.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is really a fun preview, I was hoping to see Jean and Jeen getting some quality time together. I was surprised to see the original Phoenix retcon (as in, Jean getting replaced by the Phoenix and ending up in a cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay) getting such an explicit mention, as most writers tend to just write it as if Jean was Phoenix all along. In fact, I can't recall a story in recent memory mentioning the "Phoenix clone" before this one and the Generations one shot... or am I forgetting something?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    That happened in X-men 65. 70's opening scene was Iceman returning to the mansion with Cecilia and Marrow
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-07-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    In the Generations issue teen Jean was absorbing psychic power from Jean and the Phoenix itself, which probably helped shape the pink raptor.
    Sure, yes, Jeen was absorbing the psychic energy from people around. She is doing the same here. She didn't had the PF power in Generation so why should she have it in this scene? This scene is a remake of the scene in Generation. The "pink" color is a sign that it's not the PF but her own power. The raptor form is just how she choose to manifest it. (And as others pointed out, Jean displayed her power as a "pink" raptor several time in the past when she didn't had the PF. Including the whole "Revolution" run when she only had TP)

X-Men Unlimited #28

Uncanny X-Men #383
    Last edited by Narasinha; 09-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As long it's Bunn's Jean and not Hopeless I'll live.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

1) This does look great! I'm excited to see some level of conversation between the Jeans
    2) So Galactus was punched by Jeen Grey in like 1980 (or whatever time Marvel is selling now), and 50 years later after coming back to Earth several times, NOW decides Jeen Grey must die for her transgressions? ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    3) Calling Jeen "Phoenix" doesn't mean she's taken the name back or hosting the PF. Cosmic entities always call Jean that title as it is what she is remembered most for.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Sure, yes, Jeen was absorbing the psychic energy from people around. She is doing the same here. She didn't had the PF power in Generation so why should she have it in this scene? This scene is a remake of the scene in Generation. The "pink" color is a sign that it's not the PF but her own power. The raptor form is just how she choose to manifest it. (And as others pointed out, Jean displayed her power as a "pink" raptor several time in the past when she didn't had the PF. Including the whole "Revolution" run when she only had TP)
    Yes she's using her ambient psychic energy absorption power. But I'm just saying that time she was taking power directly from the big cosmic parrot itself, and that was the only time (until now) that teen Jean's pink form manifested the Phoenix effect, usually she just turns pink. In that story it was described as a second Phoenix.
    It was the only time that teen Jean seemed powerful enough to hurt Galactus, and the Phoenix's presence was likely the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yes she's using her ambient psychic energy absorption power. But I'm just saying that time she was taking power directly from the big cosmic parrot itself, and that was the only time (until now) that teen Jean's pink form manifested the Phoenix effect, usually she just turns pink. In that story it was described as a second Phoenix.
    It was the only time that teen Jean seemed powerful enough to hurt Galactus, and the Phoenix's presence was likely the reason why.
    In one of the early issue of Bendis ANXM, Jeen manifested herself as Dark Phoenix to scare people off. That doesn't mean anything.

In Generation she was able to punch Galactus because she had a lot of power to draw-on: Her own, Phoenix, Galactus and his herald, the inhabitant of a whole planet... The whole point of Generation, Jean's solo and Resurrection is that Jeen has nothing to do with the PF. In this preview, it's not adult Jean but an older version of Jeen. Remember that the Phoenix didn't wanted Jeen, he wanted her adult self. In fact, it tried to kill Jeen.

In Resurrection, it's adult Jean that rejected the Phoenix. In this issue, it's an older Jeen who never had anything to do with the Phoenix except for what happened in her solo. X-Men Red's Jean and X-Men Blue's Jeen are not really the same character (even if they kinda are lol). This adult Jean isn't in the future of X-Men Red's Jean, she is in the future of X-Men Blue's Jeen.

BANNED

I appreciate the confirmation that Ghost Jean was really Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I appreciate the confirmation that Ghost Jean was really Jean.
    Uh? Where did you get that from? (I think Hopeless kinda mentioned it but what in this preview make you think so?)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So 616 Jean remembered meeting Jeen cuz Phoenix uploaded her memories to Google Drive?