Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jinny Hex

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Default Jinny Hex

So, did anyone else read the Jinny Hex special that came out?

I ordered it online, and it arrived today, so I just finished it.

I liked the artwork, and the story gave us some background on Jinny and her family. Of course, there are open ends, so I'm assuming that means we'll be seeing more of her the the future.

At least, I hope we will.

Unfortunately, Young Justice has disbanded. So that one-shot may end up being Jinny's last appearance, at least for a while. The team has several members unaccounted for - Robin, Wonder Girl, Amethyst, and Jinny aren't solicited for anything yet. Teen Lantern is a regular in Green Lantern now, Impulse will appear in The Flash, Superboy has joined the Suicide Squad, and Naomi has joined the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Jinny's the best new character from Young Justice, and that Melnikov art was too good. Hoping Jinny's got some more appearances in the future, I like her quite a bit.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jinny Hex.

JinnyHexNick.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, Young Justice has disbanded. So that one-shot may end up being Jinny's last appearance, at least for a while. The team has several members unaccounted for - Robin, Wonder Girl, Amethyst, and Jinny aren't solicited for anything yet. Teen Lantern is a regular in Green Lantern now, Impulse will appear in The Flash, Superboy has joined the Suicide Squad, and Naomi has joined the Justice League.
    As much as I like Jinny, I'm trying to figure out what comic she would best fit in. I hope they can place her somewhere, like Naomi in JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    As much as I like Jinny, I'm trying to figure out what comic she would best fit in. I hope they can place her somewhere, like Naomi in JLA.
    I know this sounds weird but given her chest of random items what about Justice League Dark. She gets caught up in antics because of some artifact she has that ties to some dark past for Jonah Hex?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I know this sounds weird but given her chest of random items what about Justice League Dark. She gets caught up in antics because of some artifact she has that ties to some dark past for Jonah Hex?

That actually might work. Any sort of story that helps fit her into the current DC storylines would be great.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hi, I'm a very long-time Jonah Hex & western comics fan, but didn't buy into Jinny Hex, because she's not Jonah, and didn't seem to be much really connected to him or to 'westerns'. But hey, I AM interested in anything good, so I'm joining in here, to follow and see what kind of comments are posted, and maybe even, hopefully, find a solid new character to follow-- thanks.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I like that JLD idea.
    There’s an old Hawk & Dove villain named Barter Jinny could run afoul of, who’d prob. be interested in her Chest of random items.

I floated the idea of a team of DC characters to operate in the west/south west. Jinny would have been a part of it, along w. Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Owl Woman, El Diablo and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I like that JLD idea.
    There’s an old Hawk & Dove villain named Barter Jinny could run afoul of, who’d prob. be interested in her Chest of random items.

I floated the idea of a team of DC characters to operate in the west/south west. Jinny would have been a part of it, along w. Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Owl Woman, El Diablo and others.

I hope that's an idea that DC picks up on, I'd like to see more of Jinny somewhere. Perhaps JLD would be a good fit.

Extraordinary Member

Do we know the names of Jinny’s father and grandfather?

Do we know the name of Jonah’s son, who is her ancestor?

If not JLD (great idea), could she be a student at Titans Academy? Unless they're going to be young children, she'd be the right age. And it would be nice to see an established, young character or two sprinkled in wih all of the new ones.

I hope that's an idea that DC picks up on, I'd like to see more of Jinny somewhere. Perhaps JLD would be a good fit.
    ^^^thanks, and yeah JLD is out of the box thinking (no pun intended) and would be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Do we know the names of Jinny’s father and grandfather?

Do we know the name of Jonah’s son, who is her ancestor?
    ^^^according to DC Database...:

Woodson Hex (maternal great-great-great grandfather, deceased) ·
    Ginny Hex (maternal great-great-great grandmother) ·
    Jonah Hex (maternal great-great-grandfather, deceased)
    Chastity Hex (unknown relation)
    Stella Hex (mother, deceased)
    Jack Duckett (father)

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If not JLD (great idea), could she be a student at Titans Academy? Unless they're going to be young children, she'd be the right age. And it would be nice to see an established, young character or two sprinkled in wih all of the new ones.
    Oh, that's another good idea. I'm glad you all are thinking of this stuff. I wasn't sure where she could fit, now I can easily see her at Titans Academy or JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I mean if Miguel from Dial-H can be a student there then I don’t see why Jinny couldn’t
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.