Royal Flush Gang
    Double Down
    Card Queen

John Constantine
    Joker
    The Royal Flush Gang
    Double Down
    Card Queen

OUTSIDE THE BOX PICK: THE QUESTION (I feel he’d be good at the game, he has a great poker face and feels like a Potential Card Counter.)

And I’d also say:
    Batman
    Luthor
    Red Hood
    Nightwing
    Ra’s Al Ghul
    Vandal Savage
    Jason Blood
    Any Telepath
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-10-2018 at 04:22 PM.

John Constantine every time

Runners up

Vic Sage and anyone else who wears a full face costume hides a lot of tells.
    Death stroke should see bad bets coming

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That's pretty spot on. I Lol'ed at Hal being a maniac. Also loved Cyborg swearing off the game and Barry being awful.

I think the question for the Batfamily, including Ollie, would be: how often do they cheat? They'd play honest games, but against intense rivals, I could see them slipping a trick just to rile them up. Bruce or Ollie against Hal, for example.

Carter would definitely leave after the first loss. Kendra would enjoy it but maybe not hang with the best of them.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm not sure if I have a bead on how Carter Hall/Katar Hol & Ray Palmer would play yet. I totally buy that Hawkwoman cleaned up against Leaguers like Clark, Barry, and Ralph. Those guys don't have the killer instinct that Shayera/Kendra would. She'd just eat 'em all for lunch. Like Diana, she plays to win.

While I am sure John Constantine would do well, I honestly don't think he would ever be invited back after the first time. He strikes me as someone who maybe got invited by Barry once against Zatanna's advice, then watched in horror as his guest cheated so obviously that everyone knew what he was doing but couldn't prove it, drank all the booze without chipping in, and hit on absolutely anyone with a pulse, including the married ones. My guess is Hawkman punched him out, and threw his ass out within the first couple hours.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not sure if I have a bead on how Carter Hall/Katar Hol & Ray Palmer would play yet. I totally buy that Hawkwoman cleaned up against Leaguers like Clark, Barry, and Ralph. Those guys don't have the killer instinct that Shayera/Kendra would. She'd just eat 'em all for lunch. Like Diana, she plays to win.

While I am sure John Constantine would do well, I honestly don't think he would ever be invited back after the first time. He strikes me as someone who maybe got invited by Barry once against Zatanna's advice, then watched in horror as his guest cheated so obviously that everyone knew what he was doing but couldn't prove it, drank all the booze without chipping in, and hit on absolutely anyone with a pulse, including the married ones. My guess is Hawkman punched him out, and threw his ass out within the first couple hours.
    Lol, I could easily see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    You forgot Catwoman. Given her safe-cracking skills, I wouldn't be surprised if she could play the odds very well, and her ability to read people is extremely high. She's also an adrenaline junkie, so I guess her main weakness is that she plays more for the challenge than she plays to win.
    Not to mention she's probably one of the few people who could make Batman lose his poker face, or at least see through it.

Speaking of the other Sirens, I think Ivy would probably be able to keep a pretty straight face but would definitely use her pheromones to cheat.

Harley I think would be pretty all-in a poker game but probably also be pretty terrible at it. But she'd still enjoy herself .

I can't imagine any one wanting to play poker with Gorilla Grodd

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I can't imagine any one wanting to play poker with Gorilla Grodd
    I can't imagine Grodd even wanting to play a filthy human game when he could be eating someone's brain instead

Thanks for reviving this one. Given Bendis's new wrinkle that Clark is a terrible actor, I think that might make him far less formidable than I originally thought.

Detective Chimp is a newer addition to the League game and he is absolutely destroying everyone.

The new Dr.Fate has also shown promise, but I suspect it will be short lived since he's been relying too heavily upon his helmet's pokerface.

Catwoman showed up once with Lois but she left early after cleaning out Barda, who was NOT happy about it.

Detective Chimp is formidable, except he has a propensity to get too drunk. Granted, he is at his most dangerous while drunk, the trouble is keeping the right level of tipsyness.

Babs I can see excelling in calculating odds and keeping track of the cards, but not as strong on the psychological side of the game.

Aquaman is a nice affable player.

And Zatanna is probably an absolute monster at the game. Everyone trying to cheat within her sight will get critiqued to within an inch of their life.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Every poker game with Guy Gardner ends with him flipping over the table they play on, even if he wins.

John Constantine is the type to play poker against demons, cheat them, and win without getting caught. Unless someone spills the beans or outs him. And that's just using sleight of hand.

Lobo I could see playing straight, until someone tries to screw him over, then he tries to rip their head off.

Ralph Dibny. He has pretty decent detective skills, plus he has enough control over his face to mask any tells he may have. The nose wiggle is a huge tell, but if Ralph realize it, then he can deal with it. Plus, he probably be thought of as a lightweight.

Extraordinary Member

The Kryptonians can all tell your heart rate, see through the cards, (and they've probably learned how to read them backward), and likely have other ways of telling if you've got a good hand or not. Clark's a bit too pure to take advantage of that, but SG and especially PG would have no problem using all their advantages. Plus, SG and PG at least can probably do the odds in their heads better than any human.