Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I hope not Bishops been an X-Men and a cop for years+ he's from the future he should be totally unfazed by a person's sexuality, race or X-gene status
    besides Bobby? Nope
    lol
    What a weird thing to say AGAIN! does Sina HAVE to be attracted to Guys like Bishop to include him in the series it can't just be for fun/interesting character interactions?? Who would he have to pick for it not be about sexual attraction? Gabby?
    Right? It's lowkey offensive that people say this about pretty much every male character that appears on the book... Imagine if every time a female character guest stars on a book everyone started saying it's because the straight writer must be into her? lol.

Well, Bishop is a good choice as this is a missing persons case. Bishop excels in investigating and gathering evidence. He is tactical and a strategist (on the level of Cable), a superb hand to hand combatant, weapons expert, & powerful mutant. If I had to go investigate through the sewers, I'd pick him over someone like Kitty who'd get on my nerves or Storm who might get me killed because she can't handle being closed in.

Where's Sage when you need her? They'd both be good at helping Robert.

That being said, the preview was ok. I chuckled at the Beyoncé formation comment, but it just doesn't seem like Idie to me. I admit I also chuckled at that glass slipper. Iceman is such a cornball and yet I still laughed. I'm doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Well, Bishop is a good choice as this is a missing persons case. Bishop excels in investigating and gathering evidence. He is tactical and a strategist (on the level of Cable), a superb hand to hand combatant, weapons expert, & powerful mutant. If I had to go investigate through the sewers, I'd pick him over someone like Kitty who'd get on my nerves or Storm who might get me killed because she can't handle being closed in.
    Also, Bishop has the best poker face among the current X-Men. He'll be a good foil for Bobby's humor, something that Grace has already mentioned in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    You maybe right, I think Sina is going to write Bishop as an intolerant bigot towards gays, are there any anti-gay superheroes in the Marvel universe?

Either that or Sina is into big black muscular guys to choose him to team up with Bobby and not so many other X-Men who are in limbo.

Well, we will know hopefully by end of today.
    What the hell?

spoilers:
    OK, that was fun. In true X-Men fashion, there were an on-the-nose discrimination metaphor, but also a half-decent rebuttal to the Xavier School mode of doing things and most of the book was fairly upbeat buddy-cop action. Just about all of the elements that Grace has been talking about in interviews make an appearance in one way or another, so it looks like he's got plans in place for how they're all going to dovetail. Decent early showing.
    end of spoilers