BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#5

Amazing Spider-Man#5 preview

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-5-4/

Peter talks to MJ about the situation that has led to him being split into two beings...MJ gives him a pep talk, and explains that she's finally realised the qualities that make Peter who he is is why she keeps coming back to him. We flash forward and Peter is lying broken and bloodied in rubble before flashing back to earlier in the day, where Peter is thinking of stealing the genome accelerator. He considers calling Felicia, but then opts for a "better" idea...in no way is this less complicated, no sir...[/sarcasm]

Gosh I love Ottley’s artwork.

- Jason G. Carr

Incredible Member

Interesting that Spencer goes from one extreme to the other. One minute, Peter is so responsible that he can't resist paying other peoples parking tickets. The next, he's casually dropping overt hints for Boomerang to steal for him. Not too responsible there, eh? I guess you can argue its for the "greater good". Oh well, that's comics for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Interesting that Spencer goes from one extreme to the other. One minute, Peter is so responsible that he can't resist paying other peoples parking tickets. The next, he's casually dropping overt hints for Boomerang to steal for him. Not too responsible there, eh? I guess you can argue its for the "greater good". Oh well, that's comics for ya!
    It could be another side-effect of the separation. Remember how in spite of issue 3 showing that both individual mice had held individual parts of the original mouses skill set, issue 4 explained that they both degraded with time. This could be showing that kind of degrade like how Spider-Man's already showing a degrade in memories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It could be another side-effect of the separation. Remember how in spite of issue 3 showing that both individual mice had held individual parts of the original mouses skill set, issue 4 explained that they both degraded with time. This could be showing that kind of degrade like how Spider-Man's already showing a degrade in memories.
    Exactly! All I know is that this is looking so good!

As it began and Spencer had Peter and MJ kissing and 'getting back together' I was worried that was only going to be a issue #1 selling tactic only and suddenly MJ decides to split again next few issues.
    Afterwards I was afraid that Peter and MJ was going to be 'together' but MJ disappearing from issues or not really being used effectively only appearing in one page every so often.

I like seeing the first page of the preview as MJ is incorporated into the world and knowledge of what is going on (in a relationship having both sides talking about what is going on allowing the other to help is better than the relationships that just has it like they don't have a partner in their life). MJ knowing Peter is Spider-man should allow Peter to be freely able to talk about things like this situation and allow MJ to help.

That said I don't know if Peter mentioned the FULL story to MJ here as it's one thing to mention that the Spider-man side is going wildly irresponsible but I also wonder if he told her that he's have a hard time now with science and getting dumber he feels.
    Mostly of all her reaction was mostly about herself 'o this dual side of yours causes me grief but I guess I'll have to endure it' and the two as a couple not about his well being.
    Her reaction also seems to be 'the writers can make me run to you because I love your heroic nature and results yet also run away from you on a drop of a dime and different charazations because of the heroic nature and results'.

Lastly I hope the writer covers a bit more spotlight to why MJ decided to get back together with peter and not just because he made a speech to her. Let's see her mental and psychological sides cause she herself is a individual and a character and not just a assorory girlfriend. Last time before they gotten back together MJ was working for Tony. Now no mention about that job (which in that series Friday was begging Mj to work at Stark Inc as MJ was needed so badly but suddenly MJ is not I guess). No indication what her career path or job is right now but just showing up to kiss Peter. Last time before this MJ was tired of the hero stuff but now she's back in with no strings. I want to see the issue showing what affect her mental states agian plus epiphany that makes sense that helps with the transitions of charazations and her own life and job prospects.

If Peter and MJ are back together and she is in and being used by this series and no others that I want MJ to be the 2nd main character with all that applies. I'm enjoying what he is doing with peter right now but I also a big fan and have high hopes for MJ beyond showing up and kissing.

For one thing she doesn't seem to be showing worries for Peter's LIFE. Did he share with her that he is dying? That's a BIG problem. Her reaction should be not just 'oh let's kiss and I'm sure you will be fine'. It should be: "What can I do! Let's work together!".