Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Will he inject himself? What will he do during Spidergeddon?
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 09-10-2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: I wrote Well instead of Will.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Personally, as long as he stays in a clone body of Peter Parker, and not Peter himself, I don't care what he does.

However, I can't wait to see all the villains Ock dealed with as "Superior SpiderJunk" returning for payback. Blackout, the Superior Six, even Black Cat will want to tear him apart, limb by limb.

Astonishing Member

A little O/T, but I’d love a team book that stars Superior Spidey, Spidey 2099 and the two Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly and Kaine). How sick would that be?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Personally, as long as he stays in a clone body of Peter Parker, and not Peter himself, I don't care what he does.

However, I can't wait to see all the villains Ock dealed with as "Superior SpiderJunk" returning for payback. Blackout, the Superior Six, even Black Cat will want to tear him apart, limb by limb.
    That would actually be an excellent plot. Otto having to deal with the repercussions of his actions and not being able to pass on the blame to Peter since now it's known that there's more than one Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I used to love the look of Superior Spiderman, and I love that it's west coast, so I'm curious. Waiting for a few preview panels to drop so I can eyeball the art, though.

Wonder how long until Ock is back to his usual self?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

I would have been really hyped for this a couple years ago. Otto's story felt like it had a lot of momentum behind it, but I've become disconnected following all the shenanigans he's been through after Superior Spider-Man ended.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder how long until Ock is back to his usual self?
    I give it a few years
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I loved Superior Spider-Man so this should be fun. The man problem with Superior Spider-Man was that it took our beloved Peter away. But now we can have both so all is good. I just hope the writing is good.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I loved Superior Spider-Man so this should be fun. The man problem with Superior Spider-Man was that it took our beloved Peter away. But now we can have both so all is good. I just hope the writing is good.
    The way I look at it is this. If the Marvel Office won't let Peter grow up at least with Otto around we'll get more adult orientated stories. Years now I've been clamoring for a somewhat darker, grittier, more serious, more mature Spider-Man. The abomination that is OMD regressed Peter, alongside his supporting cast, too far IMO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-10-2018 at 07:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The way I look at it is this. If the Marvel Office won't let Peter grow up at least with Otto around we'll get more adult orientated stories. Years now I've been clamoring for a somewhat darker, grittier, more serious, more mature Spider-Man. The abomination that is OMD regressed Peter, alongside his supporting cast, too far IMO.
    I remember some of the 90's stuff (Todd McFarlane to Clone Saga) being pretty dark and enjoyable
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Will be interesting to see if the new West Coast Avengers will be apearing in this new comic book or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Will be interesting to see if the new West Coast Avengers will be apearing in this new comic book or vice versa.
    Oh, definitely. That I'd love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, definitely. That I'd love to see.
    I hope so. Ock is such a jerk that seeming him bounce off that cast will be plenty of fun.

I'm disappointed, of course, that we're getting Superior Spider-Man rather than the Superior Octopus, but as stated earlier, Superior Octopus probably doesn't have the same chance to achieve sales success as Superior Spider-Man does. We know he'll be back in his SSM costume for Spider-Geddon and I imagine events will conspire to lead him back into the identity, much to the chagrin/dismay of everyone else since he's already insufferable.

To me, there are a couple lements for SSM that this book needs to follow.

1) Otto being a Super-Villainous Superhero.

Classic, silver age mad scientist villainisms, except used for noble intentions. I want death traps! Giant robots! Henchmen! Those were the most hilarious parts of SSM's original run and they need to be part of it. The mad scientist duel between Allistar Smythe and Otto during 'No Escape' was a good example of this and I loved it.

2) Proactiveness on a grand scale.

It is often said that super-heroes are reactive and vilains are proactive in superhero comics. Otto's proactive, vilainous approach to being a hero was one of the hallmarks of the original run and it's why him being on the west coast is great. Otto needs a playground where he can do big things without immediate repercussions from the hero next door and reap the whirlwind for it as it all spins out of control.

His destruction of Shadowland in the original SSM leading directly to Goblin Nation is a prime example of this.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-12-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I hope so. Ock is such a jerk that seeming him bounce off that cast will be plenty of fun.

I'm disappointed, of course, that we're getting Superior Spider-Man rather than the Superior Octopus, but as stated earlier, Superior Octopus probably doesn't have the same chance to achieve sales success as Superior Spider-Man does. We know he'll be back in his SSM costume for Spider-Geddon and I imagine events will conspire to lead him back into the identity, much to the chagrin/dismay of everyone else since he's already insufferable.

To me, there are a couple lements for SSM that this book needs to follow.

1) Otto being a Super-Villainous Superhero.

Classic, silver age mad scientist villainisms, except used for noble intentions. I want death traps! Giant robots! Henchmen! Those were the most hilarious parts of SSM's original run and they need to be part of it. The mad scientist duel between Allistar Smythe and Otto during 'No Escape' was a good example of this and I loved it.

2) Proactiveness on a grand scale.

It is often said that super-heroes are reactive and vilains are proactive in superhero comics. Otto's proactive, vilainous approach to being a hero was one of the hallmarks of the original run and it's why him being on the west coast is great. Otto needs a playground where he can do big things without immediate repercussions from the hero next door and reap the whirlwind for it as it all spins out of control.

His destruction of Shadowland in the original SSM leading directly to Goblin Nation is a prime example of this.
    Speaking of that last part, I wonder what his perspective would be on the events of Goblin Nation --- as his mind and memories are technically backup from before that period --- which also resulted in his epiphany that he wasn't all that superior, after all, and giving Peter's body back to him. Assuming he's learned anything from his time as the Superior Octopus and his brief alliance with the new Jackal in Clone Conspiracy, who will also be part of Spider-Geddon, he might take care to consider the full ramifications and consequences of his actions before doing anything else so sweeping.