Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default If Cyclops does come back, will he be able to forgive Emma for her actions?

Cyclops has yet to come back to life in the Marvel universe. But, it could be any day now, especially with the current storyline Extermination. Once he does, however, he will be coming back to a different world. One where both Jean and Logan are alive, Rogue and Gambit are married, and both Emma and Magneto are no longer X-Men. Emma in particular will be an interesting case for him, as she did a lot of horrible things in his name. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her, she still pretended to be him and instigated a war with the Inhumans, as well as her actions with the Mothervine and taking advantage of an inverted Havok before eventually freeing him.

With all of that under her belt, it could take a lot for Cyclops to forgive her. If he is able to at all.

He should, cause no one else cares anymore.

BANNED

I don't get how she started a war.It was coming anyway.And if other x-men didn't want to go to war with inhumans,then they are the cowardest race of all.
    With other things I can't say.But he will eventually forgive her.He's good like that.Then,again with current marvel going back to status quo....I guess not.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-03-2018 at 10:34 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Emma did nothing wrong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope this doesn't become another shipping thread but probably it will.

I don't even like Scott/Emma but i feel he will probably understand some of her actions were for love. what does her actions and Jean's return mean for Scott's and Emma relationship? i don't know.
    He will probably forgive her, it really depends of what marvel wants for cyclops and emma as characters. Maybe they want emma as a villain, then marvel would probably use this to make drama regardless of Jean's status. Maybe they like the new relationship for jean and want to have jean/logan,etc and scott/emma at the same time, nobody knows. Everything could change drastically by the time of his return.

things will go crazy and that's exactly why we have to enjoy not having to deal with this drama for the next few years.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-03-2018 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

He’ll do more than forgive her, I think her actions will boost his love for her (hopefully he’ll finally pop the question) considering the bad light they were both casted in after AvX even though he wasn’t in control when he killed Xavier and all Emma did was eat sum steak with human blood as a sauce ppl have done worse

Maybe forgive but be unwilling to walk the same path himself. I could see them having a relationship similar to Xavier and Magneto except the subtext would be....text.

I do not know how marvel would handle it. Depends on what they want for Scott like back to Emma or to Jean? Or neither?

Knowing marvel they would want the option with more drama. If it is to depend on the current opinion of the editors and writers Emma is better as villain and Cyclops post AvX is a mistake but they do not want to join him and Jean again despite some being in favor of Scott and Jean.

Now if I was writing this story do not think anyone who did what Scott did in the past would blame Emma to do the same. Maybe Scott's method would have been different, but he certainly would not have taken the longer pacifist path Storm had chosen and would have done something like Emma.

I seriously do not believe Scott after AvX would choose a peaceful path while mutants were dying and almost being extinguished again.

From my point of view Scott would be upset and sad at the way the world treated him after his death but he would not blame Emma for it. He would see that even making mistakes everything she did was because of the loss by loving him in addition to saving mutants .
    Last edited by Knives; 09-03-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Emma did nothing wrong.
    ^THIS^

The Inhumans knew Terrigen was toxic to mutants, and released it anyway. The reason Emma's illusion of Scott worked so well is because it was exactly what Scott would have done.

My understanding is that Scott would not condone what Emma did, but accept the rationale behind them. Storm didn't do what needed to be done, "diplomacy" is a weak excuse for allowing the Terrigen Crisis to persist and the Gold and Blue teams have accomplished next to nothing, so I can see him at least understanding Emma and choosing not to condemn her considering she was virtually the only person who didn't vilify him only to pretend they hadn't later.

If Marvel cared about continuity and consistency, he wouldn't rejoin the X-Men, whether it's from a sense that he doesn't deserve to or that they would only serve to shackle him. Storm's inaction in the Terrigen Crisis and the aimlessness of the Gold and Blue teams might've spurred him to take charge, but Jean seems to have an idea and Xavier has returned. He reached out to the X-Men before his death and they slapped his hand away, then they vilified and spat on his name after his death. He shouldn't reach out to them again, he should find work that needs to be done and find people willing to work with him so that it does. Maybe that includes Emma, but I'd be fine with him going on his own or with a new or unexpected team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    My understanding is that Scott would not condone what Emma did, but accept the rationale behind them. Storm didn't do what needed to be done, "diplomacy" is a weak excuse for allowing the Terrigen Crisis to persist and the Gold and Blue teams have accomplished next to nothing, so I can see him at least understanding Emma and choosing not to condemn her considering she was virtually the only person who didn't vilify him only to pretend they hadn't later.

If Marvel cared about continuity and consistency, he wouldn't rejoin the X-Men, whether it's from a sense that he doesn't deserve to or that they would only serve to shackle him. Storm's inaction in the Terrigen Crisis and the aimlessness of the Gold and Blue teams might've spurred him to take charge, but Jean seems to have an idea and Xavier has returned. He reached out to the X-Men before his death and they slapped his hand away, then they vilified and spat on his name after his death. He shouldn't reach out to them again, he should find work that needs to be done and find people willing to work with him so that it does. Maybe that includes Emma, but I'd be fine with him going on his own or with a new or unexpected team.
    This^^ .Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

I'd expect he would strike out on his own, maybe with a small team. Probably with a secret channel to Jean, but he wouldn't associate with her openly. Fair or not (and I say NOT!), Scott was a pariah after he died. He wouldn't want to potentially drag down what Jean is trying to accomplish.

Relations with Emma would likely be cordial but cool. Scott was leaning back into more traditional heroism at the end, whereas Emma is leaning more the other way now. Without a desperate need, I don't think its a path Scott would be confortable with. However, the shared history would make it difficult for him to outright condemn her.

Magik would need a minor retcon - instead of blaming him for being Hitler, especially since Marvel wants to forget the whole thing, have her anger be directed towards his apparent suicide by Inhuman. They came across as something close to siblings under Bendis, and I would like to see that explored further.

He asked her to do that? It was his dying wish. And it worked.

BANNED

maybe they would have to consult a counselor to address all the issues and look who is back... oh the irony if they go in that direction

BANNED

Scott has nothing to forgive. Emma was right.
    While all the other X-Men were puking hatred against Scott, Emma Frost was only trying to honor his name.

So maybe Scott shouldn't forgive the X-Men. He and Emma can be happy without that bunch of hypocrite and ungrateful.

And if it weren't for Emma, the mutant race would have become extinct.