Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hope has plenty of storytelling potential, she's just not X-23 or the result of the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    Damn it. When did he die?
    Extermination #1
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The problem with Hope if that she was especifically created to save mutankind from extincion after House of M, that already happened, so if they want her to stay relevant she needs a new direction ASAP, otherwise she would probably turn into Cable's sidekick/daugther (really that's her biggest appeal rigth now).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The problem with Hope if that she was especifically created to save mutankind from extincion after House of M, that already happened, so if they want her to stay relevant she needs a new direction ASAP, otherwise she would probably turn into Cable's sidekick/daugther (really that's her biggest appeal rigth now).
    I liked what Si Spurrier did with her at the end of X-Force where he directly made her a foil to Cable, something that he doesn't really have and especially needs; though I think that the reason that Hope hasn't caught on has to do with the fact that when she served her purpose, editorial benched her. Gillen wanted to use her at the close of the event and Generation Hope and was told no, so she wasn't in use until Hopeless' Cable and X-Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jeen and now the return of real Jean made/makes her completely irrelevant. Bishop being brought back into the fold makes her completely irrelevant. She was a sloppy plot device that was used to finish off a sloppy plotline in a sloppy crossover. Good riddance.

When Extermination is over and Cable is reset, he won't need her (he might even stay as Wifi, but I doubt it). If he wants a younger sidekick, let him re-institute old school X-Force with the New X-Men kids. That group as a whole has more interest than Hope(even if I would gladly pass on basically all of them) among the fandom.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

She should start hanging around her other dad Bishop. He was the tough love parent.

Astonishing Member

Corsair is a deadbeat dad who couldn't care less about any blood relatives on Earth. Horrible father.

It's interesting to note that Corsair and Cable are sci-fi archetypes based in very different sci-fi settings; Corsair the dashing space rogue à la Han Solo out of space operas, Cable the rugged freedom fighter à la John Connor out of cyberpunk. From that very basic angle it makes sense that writers haven't been quick to put the two together.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Corsair is a deadbeat dad who couldn't care less about any blood relatives on Earth. Horrible father.
    Debatable.

Ultimate Member

Well he stays out in space for all but a very short time and has little to nothing to do with either of his sons, and then when he did come to Earth he didn't seem to even bother to visit Alex at all...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well he stays out in space for all but a very short time and has little to nothing to do with either of his sons, and then when he did come to Earth he didn't seem to even bother to visit Alex at all...
    He didn't visit Cyke either.

Ultimate Member

What was Scott doing then anyway...though when he did come to Earth he went to teen Scott to have some father/son bonding time...and ignored his adult sons...or did either Scott or Alex even know that he was alive again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What was Scott doing then anyway...though when he did come to Earth he went to teen Scott to have some father/son bonding time...and ignored his adult sons...or did either Scott or Alex even know that he was alive again...
    Yes,Cyke did know later.And Corsair didn't just come to earth ,he brought the O5 to earth after trial of jean grey.Tyke went with his father at the last minute.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think Corsair was aware Scott and Maddy had a baby and maybe interacted with them via intergalactic communicator? But aside from that he's never met Cable, and I don't think Cyclops post X-Cutioner's Storyline spoke to Corsair before his first death. He barely interacted with Havok during RAFOTSE, and no interaction with Rachel during that arc. I think it would be great to show them meeting and even having an arc together, but until recently Marvel has not cared to show familial ties amongst characters.

I mean, who wants to read about characters who are related to each other actually interacting and acting like they are related to each other?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jeen and now the return of real Jean made/makes her completely irrelevant. Bishop being brought back into the fold makes her completely irrelevant. She was a sloppy plot device that was used to finish off a sloppy plotline in a sloppy crossover. Good riddance.

When Extermination is over and Cable is reset, he won't need her (he might even stay as Wifi, but I doubt it). If he wants a younger sidekick, let him re-institute old school X-Force with the New X-Men kids. That group as a whole has more interest than Hope(even if I would gladly pass on basically all of them) among the fandom.
    That pretty much sums up Hope. She was created to be the new Jean Grey, and with the original and the fake around she serves no purpose. Rachel had the same problem to some degree back in the day when Jean came in X-Factor, but she had enough unique hooks that made her workable. Hope really doesn't.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed how Corsair was portrayed in X-Men Forever, spending time and caring for his children, grandson and parents... He doesn't seem to care all that much about what's happening on Earth in the main continuity.

And as for Hope, I think AvX should have ended with her sacrificing herself to restore mutantkind, perhaps setting Cable on a darker and more violent path as a result. She was created with one specific purpose and outside of that it's been really hard for writers and editors to come up with a direction for her character. It's gotten especially ridiculous now that adult Jean, teen Jean and Rachel are all around. I had actually come to care for Hope in the years where she was getting a lot of focus in the books, but the anticlimatic loss of interest in her on the characters, editors and writers' part got me to a point where I just find her unnecessary.