Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Is CRY FOR JUSTICE a product of...the previous decade? I always thought of it as an early 2010s book. Geeze, the decades fly by when you get older.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Posts Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    -Written by Tom King
    -Includes characters that are being written out of character now and characters that Tom King writes out of character
    -Is going to include pointless deaths

I would be surprised if it isn't.
    That is my feelings too. After seeing what he does to characters he doesn't care about like Booster Gold and hearing rumors that Bunker was on kill list but DC told him no I have zero faith that this event will be anything other than a stupid bloodfest that ruins characters for years to come.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is my feelings too. After seeing what he does to characters he doesn't care about like Booster Gold and hearing rumors that Bunker was on kill list but DC told him no I have zero faith that this event will be anything other than a stupid bloodfest that ruins characters for years to come.
    I could agree on King writing out of character sometimes but till today where or when he killed characters pointlessly?

That said I'm very worried about this event, promote a book hinting a bloodfest is really poor. I think King is far better than killing characters to write a great story.
    Differently from you and others my only hope is just cause King is writing it, but i must confess that i'm seriously upset.

This is really King’s First Event and it’s really turning me off, Grayson had Seeley to Balance, Vision allows for different stories & his Batman has Varied. Not all writers are good at events/team books and just judging off of his Batman run people will be pissed. The one early story that featured the Batfamily had them in a quick emotional set up before Bane hung them by Their necks and Batman put them on ice in the fortress of solitude. Nightwing recently had a nice emotional issue but it has already been spoiled that he gets shot in the head. IMO if Wally West goes around killing people this would be Anti-Rebirth. I have already lost interest in so many stories for their dark outlook on life I may end up sticking to purchasing Pre-Grim Dark age DC stories

From the sounds of it it may be this generation's Identity Crisis which is not a desirable comparison in my view. The rumours of pointless character deaths, King probably writing characters out of character and the uber dark depressing tone about a story with realistic issues sounds right up Identity Crisis' alley more than Cry for Justice.

Maybe it's just a Cry for $$$'s?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

If it really turns out to be a Cry for Justice 2.0, I really hope readers will boycott DC in every way possible and ask for the return of the Rebirth's promises.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Is CRY FOR JUSTICE a product of...the previous decade? I always thought of it as an early 2010s book. Geeze, the decades fly by when you get older.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Posts Alive!)
    Tell me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe it's just a Cry for $$$'s?
    I think you nailed it. Although I must say Cry For Justice was aptly named..... Only it was the fans who were crying for it.... from TPTB.
    Last edited by Kyer; 09-12-2018 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I need zzzzzz's.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Its interesting cause the vibe I got was that this was supposed to be a slower, more introspective SOL thing dealing with mental health then Didio went "Nah just make it Identity Crisis 2.0"

Heroes in Crisis equivalent to Cry for Justice?

Hmmm... I see a major difference already. Before the first issue of CfJ came out there were quite a few fans turning up their noses because the idea of a "proactive" superhero group had been tried other times in superhero comic books and never produced anything actually good, but there was also genuine interest in the series, helped by an interesting line-up (Hal & Ollie together again, Robinson's Starman, the Atom back from limbo, Batwoman) and the bombastic declarations of Robinson that made the whole thing look like a Copernican revolution for DC.

HiC, on the other hand-- well, let's say that three years ago I wouldn't have imagined Tom King to be hailed as "public enemy #1" of characterization in comic books by so many fans on the internet, but here we are.