Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Iron Fist Season 2 *spoilers*

I was kinda surprised nobody posted this yet.

Well the first fight in the first episode was better than every single one last season ... so great start there! Fight choreography is definitely better all around.

The losing powers arc has been fun so far. I groaned at first but they're delivering on it now.

So has been what I assume is Typhoid Mary, she has been cooler than expected.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Halfway throught season 2, it's leagues better than season 1.

The show is trash.

So disappointed. Iron Fist is my favorite character and he got a show that wasn't even about him.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The show is trash.

So disappointed. Iron Fist is my favorite character and he got a show that wasn't even about him.
    But it was about the new Iron Fist, and how Danny was weak and undeserving of being the Iron Fist. Because really he was just a delivery boy.
    Bare no mind that Davos’ whole false claim over the Fist was because it was his birth right, yet for Colleen her ancestors being the Iron Fist makes it her destiny. Um, ok. No contradiction there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.

\Cons/

Colleen x Danny = Boring. More so on Danny’s end. I'm a pretty melo dude myself and even I was saying 'gaad damn, this couple needs flavor' lol date someone from Harlem Colleen.

Back to the same old fancy NY loft meetings/scheming

Kid sidekick is lame just like in Luke Cage

Too slow from the jump; takes 5 episodes to get things moving, I only acutally woke up with a jult of suspense on episode 9..

Still believe Danny's actor was miscast. I can see him going to make a speech from miles away and I dread it every time. His fights aren't pleasing to watch and he is just overall..dry.

“Anonymous” meetings AGAIN?!

No style, bland looking color palette. There just isnt any real dstictive voice visually.

Wealthy person getting way in over their head, of course.

Typical middle episode dealing with flashbacks to slow the momentum.

Oh, just in time, some random lackies for Davos to test his new abilities

Lmao ‘who are you?’ *dramatic turn* and name reveal. Smh, my god that was crowbard in. lol

Oh, and throughout the years i've grown quite a disliking to the ground pound blowing people back. How it is utilized here solidifies my dislike.
    ——————————————————————————————————————
    /Pros\
    Colleen becoming an Iron 👊🏼 was a great suprise. They need to give her better fight choreo, still not quite feeling the hits and the impact. They also need to film the fights better.

Ward had some good character growth, loved his interactions and vulnerablity with Danny.

Davos was good, but was questionable in terms of motivation at times; as if they didnt know what to do with him. Really liked the scene of him talking to his mom against the door.

Honestly, I have no desire to watch it. He spent half of the first season not able to use his Iron Fist and then in this season he loses it. Zero interest.

Waiting for more reviews, Iron Fist season 1 was god awful, but I did like how Danny was portrayed in LC2.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Honestly, I have no desire to watch it. He spent half of the first season not able to use his Iron Fist and then in this season he loses it. Zero interest.
    Your a better man than me. I got through 5 or 6 episodes & just lost interest. I expected absurd Hong Kong cinema-like fight scenes & got fish out of water noise.

It will take AMAZING reviews or Moon Knight appearances to get me back.

Actually the show should be called Colleen Wing and her Amazing Friends. I didn't make it through half the first season so I feel there are loose threads going into this. I am enjoying S2 much more than the slog that is S1 easily.

The Hand was so big of an arc that spread over three series, downgrading with the Hatchets and Tigers don't quite hold up by comparison.

Beautiful cinematography through, Yang's place and the temple fight with Danny and Davos standout against about 100 other scenes in warehouses, docks and Chinatown. I loved the diner scene. Ward's arc is interesting, Davos is... really intense lol, to say the least but the Mary arc is really good so far 5 episodes in.

I think I may see where this maybe going. I just can't help to think one of the great fringe Marvel characters of the Bronze age has his own TV show on Saturday night, least that's when I'm watching it. I'm into it, usually don't bite off this much of the Marvel Netflix shows in one sitting like this.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Actually the show should be called Colleen Wing and her Amazing Friends. I didn't make it through half the first season so I feel there are loose threads going into this. I am enjoying S2 much more than the slog that is S1 easily.

The Hand was so big of an arc that spread over three series, downgrading with the Hatchets and Tigers don't quite hold up by comparison.

Beautiful cinematography through, Yang's place and the temple fight with Danny and Davos standout against about 100 other scenes in warehouses, docks and Chinatown. I loved the diner scene. Ward's arc is interesting, Davos is... really intense lol, to say the least but the Mary arc is really good so far 5 episodes in.

I think I may see where this maybe going. I just can't help to think one of the great fringe Marvel characters of the Bronze age has his own TV show on Saturday night, least that's when I'm watching it. I'm into it, usually don't bite off this much of the Marvel Netflix shows in one sitting like this.
    I really wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage and Iron Fist seasons 3 being turned into Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes for Hire.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

... when people are more excited for axillary characters on someone else’s show there is no arguing that the show completely failed. The sheer defense of it is beyond asinine.

You can’t start your review with...”Well the main character was boring and I’m not even sure why she/he was there. But boy were her/his cast more critical to the story and interesting.” It doesn’t work.

When you are watching a show to get more of the side characters and the lead seems in the way then there is a major problem. Denying that just makes everyone in the conversation look foolish.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-09-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ... when people are more excited for axillary characters on someone else’s show there is no arguing that the show completely failed. The sheer defense of it is beyond asinine.
    I'm perfectly fine with this. The main character is usually not my favorite character in any given show I watch.

Yeah, this season wipes it's ass with season 1. I was surprised to see it was ten episodes. Maybe Marvel finally found the magic number of episodes for their Netflix shows.

Ultimate Member

Honestly Daredevil is one of the least interesting main characters in his show as well. Not BAD certainly, but not as interesting as the others.

Also I'd totally be up for a Daughters of the Dragon show, or maybe a 6-8 episodes mini-series at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with this. The main character is usually not my favorite character in any given show I watch.

Yeah, this season wipes it's ass with season 1. I was surprised to see it was ten episodes. Maybe Marvel finally found the magic number of episodes for their Netflix shows.
    I have been banging the drum on this for a while. THE SEASONS DO NOT ALL HAVE TO BE 13 EPISODES. Tell your story in the amount of time you NEED TO TELL IT. We will all be better off for it.

Astonishing Member

Just finished the season.

The showrunners listened I felt like to the complaints and problems most people had with season 1. This was better than Jessica Jones sorry s2 to me so its no longer bottom of the barrel

The fight choreography was FAR better than season 1. That was a major gripe and they clearly took their time and effort to stage the fight scenes better.
    Colleen was a standout the first season and adding to that this season her storyline was developed even further which is a positive.

They got rid of all the Rand Corp. corporate bs and only used it to front cash and tech to move the storylines forward. That is a big bonus. I don't need to see corporate crap here its not needed for Iron Fist and is a waste of time. I feel like they got that and proceeded on.

My other gripe was Danny himself. He was the worst character in his own show season 1. We saw development in Defenders and his appearance in Luke Cage since. And here he grew a lot I felt also. Still not the most interesting character in his show. I feel like Misty and Colleen still out staged him and I was more excited for the Daughters of the Dragon concept building than anything.

Ward he had a minor storyline here but I felt like he was used well and efficiently. I think the connection with Danny is important and necessary to give him some familiar connection to his younger life pre Kun Lun. It grounds him. I would prefer to see more of him and Luke in and out of each others stories however. I think it worked in Luke Cage and want to see it develop on screen as the comics.

I liked Coleen getting the fist. And the twist at the end with Danny was interesting and something to look forward to in s3.

The Bad:

Joy was AWFUL. Annoying, her motivations were horrific and insipid. Boo hoo they didn't tell you about your daddy. So you let Danny get brutalized and maimed and have his power stolen by psychos? Way over the top and she made me so happy when she got shoved over the rail I wish she died. She's useless and irredeemable now to me.

With a smaller number of episodes you would think the pacing would be 100% better and more focused. I still felt it dragged a little in the end waiting for the Davos confrontation. But, it wasn't terrible.

Lastly I would like a lot more Kun Lun ties. They did better here than last year with the flashbacks I felt. But, give me more I could have used a whole Kun Lun episode honestly. They need to up the mysticism ties in this show.