Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

S2 really was better than S1, and I’d rank it above JJ S2 and LC S1. Davos was a great antagonist and Mary/Walker was fantastic.

Giving Colleen the Fist was a pretty good twist, but I’m ready for their romantic relationship to be done. They don’t really have any chemistry and I was never really sold on their relationship to begin with. I prefer them as friends/partners/colleagues. TV Misty seems too good for TV Danny, but I liked their relationship in the comics so I wouldn’t be opposed if the Netflix series gave that a try.

I enjoyed season two a lot more than season one. first season was a too-slow build up, this one seemingly gets right to the main events at hand and establishes a clear villain in Davos.
    Oh and of course, we get Typhoid Mary... then again, we get Walker, and Mary, but i guess "Typhoid" really isn't seen on-screen.. hmm... (not sure what her epilogue was about, seems like she'd just take her money and split.. no pun intended..)
    I liked the presence of all the supporting characters here- Misty (with her own iron fist! heh..) , Colleen (enjoyable as always)...
    I liked the exploration of what having the Fist power means to Danny, and Davos, and.... (wow)...
    Joy's heel-turn and evolution was intriguing to watch, and this time around Ward was more tolerable, though I was hoping his subplot wasn't going to overwhelm the main story.

and the ending! hmm, extremely intriguing!! I hope that a season three is green lit and this can get into more international action.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 09-25-2018 at 06:25 AM.

So is Ward going to shoot someone once per season?

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Honestly, I have no desire to watch it. He spent half of the first season not able to use his Iron Fist and then in this season he loses it. Zero interest.
    Your a better man than me. I got through 5 or 6 episodes & just lost interest. I expected absurd Hong Kong cinema-like fight scenes & got fish out of water noise.

It will take AMAZING reviews or Moon Knight appearances to get me back.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Netflix cancelled the show. No third season
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/marvel-...ck-1202482048/

Couldn't wash the stink of Scott Buck off of it. Shame. I say recast Danny and have him pop up in each, um, non-cancelled Netflix show.

While Netflix doesn't flinch when it comes to taking the hatchet to shows, this is still a bit of a bummer.

Lots of solid actors, and certainly some representation that isn't really all over the place outside of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wow, I wasn't expecting to see any of the Netflix shows get canceled, but I guess I'm also not surprised to see the first one be Iron Fist.

I guess we might see other shows pick up Danny and Co. storylines, or maybe if they do another Defenders.

I just finished S2 and it was pretty much exactly what I wanted after watching the exceptionally disappointing S1.

Make the show about Colleen and give me lots of Colleen and Misty time, I thought. Couldn't really believe my eyes as Danny got sidelined, Collen and Misty took the show's focus, and then Colleen became the Fist and Danny basically became her sidekick and then she seemed to dump him..! Whaaat?? That IS the show I wanted from S1.

And now they're cancelling? Very disappointed.

Holding on to hope that a proper Daughters of the Dragon series will be announced. And soon, damnit! :P

KnightWing!!

I'm going to imagine they'll fold in Danny Misty and Colleen into S3 of Luke Cage as supporting characters, leading to "Heroes for Hire" (or maybe they'll just call it "Defenders" since the "for hire" part doesn't really seem to fit them at this point) essentially replacing both shows. At least I hope that's what they'll do.

Astonishing Member

Not surprised Iron Fist gets axed. That first season really didn't help.

I'm surprised they went through with the cancellation, but i'm not surprised why they canceled it. Transfer Colleen and Typhoid. I'd throw Ward in there, but his ties are too strong to Danny now to have him floundering without him or his sister around.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm going to imagine they'll fold in Danny Misty and Colleen into S3 of Luke Cage as supporting characters, leading to "Heroes for Hire" (or maybe they'll just call it "Defenders" since the "for hire" part doesn't really seem to fit them at this point) essentially replacing both shows. At least I hope that's what they'll do.
    Replacing what, Luke Cage? He actually does good numbers and shouldn't go anywhere because ANOTHER show had the misfortune of having a horrible showrunner. It shouldn't be Cage's job (the show not the character) to "help out" Danny that ship has sailed. Or rather help out Finn Jones.

Speaking of Luke Cage, expect an announcement about season 3 soon. Cage season 1 "broke" Netflix, not sure how season 2 did but if it did half of Season 1 Netflix is happy its not going anywhere for Finn Jones.

Ultimate Member

I’m not surprised. Season 1 was dull and honestly I couldn’t finish season 2. Season 2 was a bit better but Finn Jones was just a weak presence hampered by a script that doesn’t give him anything interesting to do.

The show started off on completely the wrong foot and for a character that possesses a mystical power up from a mythical land/ and dragon the look and the action scenes of the series were completely bland.

When you watch Daredevil and you watch Iron Fist you struggle to understand how they get one so right and the other so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    DD is the only show i watched passed season 1. I'm surprised none of the others have been canceled, did IF really get that many less views than the others?