Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Iron Fist Season 2 *spoilers*

I was kinda surprised nobody posted this yet.

Well the first fight in the first episode was better than every single one last season ... so great start there! Fight choreography is definitely better all around.

The losing powers arc has been fun so far. I groaned at first but they're delivering on it now.

So has been what I assume is Typhoid Mary, she has been cooler than expected.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Halfway throught season 2, it's leagues better than season 1.

The show is trash.

So disappointed. Iron Fist is my favorite character and he got a show that wasn't even about him.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The show is trash.

So disappointed. Iron Fist is my favorite character and he got a show that wasn't even about him.
    But it was about the new Iron Fist, and how Danny was weak and undeserving of being the Iron Fist. Because really he was just a delivery boy.
    Bare no mind that Davos’ whole false claim over the Fist was because it was his birth right, yet for Colleen her ancestors being the Iron Fist makes it her destiny. Um, ok. No contradiction there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.

\Cons/

Colleen x Danny = Boring. More so on Danny’s end. I'm a pretty melo dude myself and even I was saying 'gaad damn, this couple needs flavor' lol date someone from Harlem Colleen.

Back to the same old fancy NY loft meetings/scheming

Kid sidekick is lame just like in Luke Cage

Too slow from the jump; takes 5 episodes to get things moving, I only acutally woke up with a jult of suspense on episode 9..

Still believe Danny's actor was miscast. I can see him going to make a speech from miles away and I dread it every time. His fights aren't pleasing to watch and he is just overall..dry.

“Anonymous” meetings AGAIN?!

No style, bland looking color palette. There just isnt any real dstictive voice visually.

Wealthy person getting way in over their head, of course.

Typical middle episode dealing with flashbacks to slow the momentum.

Oh, just in time, some random lackies for Davos to test his new abilities

Lmao ‘who are you?’ *dramatic turn* and name reveal. Smh, my god that was crowbard in. lol

Oh, and throughout the years i've grown quite a disliking to the ground pound blowing people back. How it is utilized here solidifies my dislike.
    ——————————————————————————————————————
    /Pros\
    Colleen becoming an Iron 👊🏼 was a great suprise. They need to give her better fight choreo, still not quite feeling the hits and the impact. They also need to film the fights better.

Ward had some good character growth, loved his interactions and vulnerablity with Danny.

Davos was good, but was questionable in terms of motivation at times; as if they didnt know what to do with him. Really liked the scene of him talking to his mom against the door.

Honestly, I have no desire to watch it. He spent half of the first season not able to use his Iron Fist and then in this season he loses it. Zero interest.

Waiting for more reviews, Iron Fist season 1 was god awful, but I did like how Danny was portrayed in LC2.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ultimate Member

Better season, IMO, ut wish they'd give Danny a more meaningful direction or enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Waiting for more reviews, Iron Fist season 1 was god awful, but I did like how Danny was portrayed in LC2.
    Here is my short review:

"Most fans will be very happy with the first 4 episodes. Going into episode 5 they will shuffle scratch their head and push forward. But hitting episode six you will question what is going on. By episode 7 you will realize the bait and switch. After that disappointment will ensue. It's down hill from there."

They are setting this up to be a Legends of Korra Rip Off at this point.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Here is my short review:

"Most fans will be very happy with the first 4 episodes. Going into episode 5 they will shuffle scratch their head and push forward. But hitting episode six you will question what is going on. By episode 7 you will realize the bait and switch. After that disappointment will ensue. It's down hill from there."

They are setting this up to be a Legends of Korra Rip Off at this point.
    ... are we watching the same show?

The ending was superb and set up Brubaker's, Fraction's, and Aja’s Immortal Iron Fist.

If you liked Danny is Cage, you should love him here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just finished Season 2. Final thoughts:

The real problem with this show is that Danny Rand is actually Smallville's Clark Kent.

Ward Meachum is inexplicably the best character on this show; his acting is all over the place but for some reason the writers give him the best storylines and often the best dialogue.

The presence of Misty Knight throughout the season kept me watching. And the absolutely hilarious premise of Ward possibly visiting K'un-Lun will keep me around for Season 3.

WTF is up with iron fist bullet curving?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... are we watching the same show?

The ending was superb and set up Brubaker's, Fraction's, and Aja’s Immortal Iron Fist.

If you liked Danny is Cage, you should love him here.
    Unfortunately yeah...I think we are. The funniest thing about this show is that its called Marvel's Iron Fist and Danny Rand, the character who has been Iron Fist for 40 something years now, was barely in it.

If you are interested in seeing Colleen Wing center stage and seeing Misty Knight, Iron Fist leading lady of 40-30 years, play her spunky sidekick then this show was tailored made for you.

#ItsTrashInaHandbag

Mighty Member

S2 is miles better than S1. Miles and miles. The new showrunner actually found a coherent thematic narrative to underpin the season, and it's a lot stronger for it. And the fights are significantly improved. Not DD good, but better.

It's true that Danny is the weakest character. He had company in S1, Joy's arc also sucked. But with Ward, Joy, Colleen, even Mary getting strong, well executed narratives Danny just struggles. But, as I've said on the other thread, I liked how the showrunner took that weakness and made it the core of Danny's plot this season. The whole run is about how little he knows himself. About how easily he follows the examples of others, and how completely misguided his own decision-making is. It's like they boiled down all the criticism of Danny from S1, and then rather than just patching him into a "new" character whole cloth, made his journey from A to B the plot. It's good writing, if not excellent television.

Finn Jones is adequate. Not stellar. This season it gets easier to put the burden on the actor rather than the writing. He struggles to convey depth of feeling, and I can't tell if it's some kind of conscious decision on his part as an actor, or if he just isn't that good. And his chemistry with Jessica Henwick still sucks. Which is a shame, because she's charismatic, and brings some real emotion to all of her scenes. But her romantic relationship with Danny is a non-starter, just because they're so damn boring together.

Henwick carries her load delightfully, especially any time she's onscreen with Simone Missick. This may be the best use of Misty as a character so far. Not harping on Luke all the time really helps the character feel less one dimensional. Daughters of the Dragon, or bust Netflix!

Davos was excellent as well. He's Danny's opposite. Danny doesn't know himself, Davos is far too rigid in what he believes his path to be. Davos isn't complicated, or sympathetic. We see how he came to be this way, and we understand it, but we don't sympathize. He's as one note a villain as anybody in the Netflix-MCU. But he acts the hell out of it. Intimidating can be a hard look to pull off, crazy and intimidating even more so. But the actor nails it.

But the highlight for me was Alice Eve. She delivers a performance, of a character that had to be handled delicately due to the many issues she represents, that absolutely blew me away. Mary and Walker feel like distinctly different characters, as they should. Even posture and tone of voice change. Can't wait to see what happens when Bloody Mary enters the mix.

A show finally worth watching. It may not be the best of the Net-MCU, but it's finally good. Bring on S3.

Finn Jones seems like the type of actor where, when he monologues the actor opposite of him just zones out or tries not to, because they just can't latch on to what he is saying. I can never believe he can get through to anyone because he is just too bland.

Actually the show should be called Colleen Wing and her Amazing Friends. I didn't make it through half the first season so I feel there are loose threads going into this. I am enjoying S2 much more than the slog that is S1 easily.

The Hand was so big of an arc that spread over three series, downgrading with the Hatchets and Tigers don't quite hold up by comparison.

Beautiful cinematography through, Yang's place and the temple fight with Danny and Davos standout against about 100 other scenes in warehouses, docks and Chinatown. I loved the diner scene. Ward's arc is interesting, Davos is... really intense lol, to say the least but the Mary arc is really good so far 5 episodes in.

I think I may see where this maybe going. I just can't help to think one of the great fringe Marvel characters of the Bronze age has his own TV show on Saturday night, least that's when I'm watching it. I'm into it, usually don't bite off this much of the Marvel Netflix shows in one sitting like this.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.