Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I really would like to see the progress they made with Misty Knight and Coleen continue on the other shows or with a Hero's for Hire, Daughters of the dragon show.

I wont mind Luke and Danny having a few more episodes together on his show. But, I would be against them taking away from the Harlem soulful vibe they have going on with Luke to fit Danny in more than 3-4 episode cameos.

I think a good heroes for Hire of Daughters of the dragon could easily be one of their best shows if done right. You don't have to start from scratch the building blocks are laid the foundation is there you don't need a slow buildup you can jump right in and get going. Slow buildups have hampered a lot of these series and you wouldn't need or what that in their case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I really would like to see the progress they made with Misty Knight and Coleen continue on the other shows or with a Hero's for Hire, Daughters of the dragon show.

I wont mind Luke and Danny having a few more episodes together on his show. But, I would be against them taking away from the Harlem soulful vibe they have going on with Luke to fit Danny in more than 3-4 episode cameos.

I think a good heroes for Hire of Daughters of the dragon could easily be one of their best shows if done right. You don't have to start from scratch the building blocks are laid the foundation is there you don't need a slow buildup you can jump right in and get going. Slow buildups have hampered a lot of these series and you wouldn't need or what that in their case at all.
    You can do heroes for hire without LUke in theory... in the comics at least Misty led Heroes for Hire at one point. And who knows... maybe it's an opportunity to pull the trigger on a Misty/Danny relationship like we see in the comics. Though it would almost be weird to see in the TV show since Coleen and Danny were a thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can do heroes for hire without LUke in theory... in the comics at least Misty led Heroes for Hire at one point. And who knows... maybe it's an opportunity to pull the trigger on a Misty/Danny relationship like we see in the comics. Though it would almost be weird to see in the TV show since Coleen and Danny were a thing.
    I don't think Misty & Danny would work romantically with these actors. They have 0 romantic chemistry in all their interactions. It would take a massive buildup to make a passable, believable relationship.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Because people don’t understand licensing deals. In the Venom thread for example I am trying to explain that the media and almost all of the fans don’t understand the Sony deal and here people don’t understand the Netflix deal. The press don’t really investigate the deals and rely on fans to explain things, and fans don’t really know. The deals are not public.
    Yeah, I gotta wonder if the copyright for Iron Fist has a defacto publishing clause, ya know? You'd think that it would, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

But as I mentioned above, Netflix will not be allowed to create a new show. A Daughters of the Dragon show or a Heroes for Hire show would require new licences and Disney have said they are not granting any new ones while they try and put together their own streaming service. Netflix could theoretically create these concepts within their existing shows but not new ones.

But as I mentioned above, Netflix will not be allowed to create a new show. A Daughters of the Dragon show or a Heroes for Hire show would require new licences and Disney have said they are not granting any new ones while they try and put together their own streaming service. Netflix could theoretically create these concepts within their existing shows but not new ones.
    I would imagine since Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders were created with the intention of crossover from day one they could use Iron Fist characters in existing shows but yeah no way is Disney signing off on anymore shows when next year Netflix will go from partner to competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, I gotta wonder if the copyright for Iron Fist has a defacto publishing clause, ya know? You'd think that it would, but who knows?
    The issue is that many are conflating the ‘Disney theatrical distribution deal’ with the ‘Marvel Television development deal’. These are very different things. Just because Disney will no longer be distributing their movies via Netflix does not mean they are tearing up their existing contracts over Netflix produced TV series. Netflix are commissioning and partly producing these shows and they have the right to distribute their own content on their own platform. They may even have the right to distribute them on other platforms. They will certainly have the right to continue these shows for multiple series, and there may even be extension clauses. At the very least I would expect Netflix to have the right to commission five series of any given show currently in production.

Many press reports jumped to the conclusion that the mention of Iron Fist possibly being seen on other platforms in the future means it will end up on Disney’s streaming service, but that seems highly unlikely given the current state of the development deal.

Disney’s platform will be a direct competitor to Netflix. It isn’t in Netflix’s interest to produce content for the competition. It could conceivably happen but it seems very unlikely. Maybe Netflix could negotiate some more licences with less family friendly characters in the future, and swapping properties could be a part of that kind of deal. Would Disney really value this particular version of Iron Fist that highly?

In reality these shows are created by collections of production companies and the contracts between those companies and the details of who is commissioning them are very complex. It is conceivable that because ABC are key production partners and Loeb seems to have final creative say, that these shows could migrate onto a Disney platform once they are no longer being commissioned by Netflix. I imagine Netflix would have a say and some financial interest in that because of their initial investment and the money they have put into developing the properties so far.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-14-2018 at 04:18 PM.

I suppose they could do the Hereos for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon concept under the Defenders banner if they wanted to.

I suppose they could do the Hereos for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon concept under the Defenders banner if they wanted to.
    Yes I was wondering that. If I could wave a magic wand I would have Defenders reimagined as an anthology show.

Mighty Member

Iron fist may have suffered from too much over too little a time span. He just debuted last year and was a central part of Defenders and then had a season this year.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Iron fist may have suffered from too much over too little a time span. He just debuted last year and was a central part of Defenders and then had a season this year.
    I think they just rushed production without thinking things through. I blame the writers for 90% of it.

I mean, how hard would it have been to say that Danny was sent out into the world to fight The Hand, instead of wandering off from his post? And God damned if every villain didn't throw that in his face. What about that was remotely sympathetic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think they just rushed production without thinking things through. I blame the writers for 90% of it.

I mean, how hard would it have been to say that Danny was sent out into the world to fight The Hand, instead of wandering off from his post? And God damned if every villain didn't throw that in his face. What about that was remotely sympathetic?

Amazing Member

First Iron Fist now Luke Cage gets the axe...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Replacing what, Luke Cage? He actually does good numbers and shouldn't go anywhere because ANOTHER show had the misfortune of having a horrible showrunner. It shouldn't be Cage's job (the show not the character) to "help out" Danny that ship has sailed. Or rather help out Finn Jones.

Speaking of Luke Cage, expect an announcement about season 3 soon. Cage season 1 "broke" Netflix, not sure how season 2 did but if it did half of Season 1 Netflix is happy its not going anywhere for Finn Jones.
    That Heroes for Hire show doesn't sound quite as bad now, does it.

Maybe on Defenders. Or maybe Luke and Danny can just sneak into Jessica Jones season 3.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That Heroes for Hire show doesn't sound quite as bad now, does it.

Maybe on Defenders. Or maybe Luke and Danny can just sneak into Jessica Jones season 3.
    JJS3 is already filming so I doubt they’ll be able to sneak them in there