Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm in the camp that enjoyed season 2 and thought it was leaps and bounds better than season 1. The new showrunner had better handle on the character dynamics and the mysticism and I'm actually excited to see where season 3 takes us.

Astonishing Member

Still the weakest among the Netflix MCU shows, but better than the previous season by miles. And I like that they gave Colleen her due without completely brushing aside Danny. This isn't the comic and there's no reason that it has to follow the comic beat for beat.

As for the performances, Ward has to be the most realized character on the show. He's not entirely likebale, but he is realistic, and definitely trying to evolve as a human being despite himself. Also, they pulled off Typhoid Mary way better than I thought they would and I'm glad to see that Alice Eve is finally able to prove that she's more than just a bombshell and that she's actually quite a capable actress.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Indeed, Mary was stellar.

I wanted more.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Finally finished the season and loved it. Liked the daughters of the dragon going up against Cage tease. Also does anyone have any ideas who that boss in Japan could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Finally finished the season and loved it. Liked the daughters of the dragon going up against Cage tease. Also does anyone have any ideas who that boss in Japan could be?
    I'm hoping for Stone. For a possible DD and/or Defenders connection.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Meh. Danny still sucks. Hopefully he only has a cameo in season 3, or they recast the actor with some chi power-up. Wtv. Just keep him away. And more Walker for godsakes. She was the best thing about this season.

Ps: Enough Ward already.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 09-13-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Gotta, say: I could take or leave the ending. Colleen has always been cool, and it's interesting that they've decided to go in that direction, but if that's what they decided on, then they should have just committed to it and killed Danny off. Or, if Danny was such an annoying character to the point where they decided he shouldn't be Iron Fist anymore, then they should have sucked it up, admit they made a mistake, and recast him.
    That's what I was thinking when I finally finished Season 2. Or a third option, say Danny went to Japan and then we never hear from him again. Or a 4th option, since we know Orson Randall exists (those were his guns that Danny had stolen in the final shot) make him the new lead and cast someone who is better with fight choreography.

I just got the impression since recasting/death/leaving is off the table the show did a lot of shuffling to [over]compensate for Jones being a mediocre at best actor.

Rewatched the last two episodes last night, because they were the best ones. Alice Eve really came to play and I admire that greatly, it's too bad not many others filled me with enthusiasm and curiosity as much as she did. Put her in another show where her game will match everyone elses.

It would have been dope if at the end of this season there was a surprise trailer where the screen splits in half; left side daughters of the dragon and the right, Heroes for hire. Both Luke and Danny's series becoming spinoffs.

Astonishing Member

Just finished the season.

The showrunners listened I felt like to the complaints and problems most people had with season 1. This was better than Jessica Jones sorry s2 to me so its no longer bottom of the barrel

The fight choreography was FAR better than season 1. That was a major gripe and they clearly took their time and effort to stage the fight scenes better.
    Colleen was a standout the first season and adding to that this season her storyline was developed even further which is a positive.

They got rid of all the Rand Corp. corporate bs and only used it to front cash and tech to move the storylines forward. That is a big bonus. I don't need to see corporate crap here its not needed for Iron Fist and is a waste of time. I feel like they got that and proceeded on.

My other gripe was Danny himself. He was the worst character in his own show season 1. We saw development in Defenders and his appearance in Luke Cage since. And here he grew a lot I felt also. Still not the most interesting character in his show. I feel like Misty and Colleen still out staged him and I was more excited for the Daughters of the Dragon concept building than anything.

Ward he had a minor storyline here but I felt like he was used well and efficiently. I think the connection with Danny is important and necessary to give him some familiar connection to his younger life pre Kun Lun. It grounds him. I would prefer to see more of him and Luke in and out of each others stories however. I think it worked in Luke Cage and want to see it develop on screen as the comics.

I liked Coleen getting the fist. And the twist at the end with Danny was interesting and something to look forward to in s3.

The Bad:

Joy was AWFUL. Annoying, her motivations were horrific and insipid. Boo hoo they didn't tell you about your daddy. So you let Danny get brutalized and maimed and have his power stolen by psychos? Way over the top and she made me so happy when she got shoved over the rail I wish she died. She's useless and irredeemable now to me.

With a smaller number of episodes you would think the pacing would be 100% better and more focused. I still felt it dragged a little in the end waiting for the Davos confrontation. But, it wasn't terrible.

Lastly I would like a lot more Kun Lun ties. They did better here than last year with the flashbacks I felt. But, give me more I could have used a whole Kun Lun episode honestly. They need to up the mysticism ties in this show.

Just make Danny a supporting character in Luke cage season 3 and turn ironfist into Daughters of the dragon. Like I dont even want herows for hire with them co leading. Just let Luke run the show and Danny be a supporting character. Him and coleen have zero chemistry so end that. The writing for this season was miles better ur still felt meh to me. Alice eve is a beast though. She also sells her action better then Finn Jones.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Just make Danny a supporting character in Luke cage season 3 and turn ironfist into Daughters of the dragon. Like I dont even want herows for hire with them co leading. Just let Luke run the show and Danny be a supporting character. Him and coleen have zero chemistry so end that. The writing for this season was miles better ur still felt meh to me. Alice eve is a beast though. She also sells her action better then Finn Jones.
    Finn Jones is the problem here. I wish that Danny was recast because he his acting drags everything down.

Glaringly so. Just seems like Marvel is too proud and/or don't want to hurt feelings. We're in too deep now to recast, no?

Its entirely possible that we're the only ones looking at this as a business, which would be ironic if true. Yes Netflix wants to make money, but its entirely possible Finn Jones is completely beloved behind the scenes and thus they'll figure out a way to keep him on, even if it means being a side character in his own show. I suppose a real life equivalent would be hiring a manager who is horrible at his job but since he's an awesome person upper management keeps him as a manager in name only and makes an immediate supervisor (Colleen) the "real" manager just...minus the title and pay. That's kinda where the similarities end cause in real life the "real" manager would get sick of that real quick and want the title and pay, whether the actual manager is a good guy or not.

So I'll just chalk it up to "They love Finn Jones and don't want to fire him", shrug, and wait for the next Netflix show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Finn Jones is the problem here. I wish that Danny was recast because he his acting drags everything down.
    I didnt mind him in Defenders or LC season 2. Its when we get too much of him that I dont like it. Also in think Colter is a good enough actor that he can bring Finns game up.but only if hes a supporting character. Anyway too late to recast now hes not even ironfist anymore. Just let Danny make cameos here and there but fade away. Bring in other character to replace him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I didnt mind him in Defenders or LC season 2. Its when we get too much of him that I dont like it. Also in think Colter is a good enough actor that he can bring Finns game up.but only if hes a supporting character. Anyway too late to recast now hes not even ironfist anymore. Just let Danny make cameos here and there but fade away. Bring in other character to replace him.
    Only he still is Iron Fist. He somehow got the fist back in the finale.