Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Only he still is Iron Fist. He somehow got the fist back in the finale.
    The gun and belt were items Danny stole from Orson Randall, a previous Iron Fist. The connection I made was that any weapon chi-charged by a previous Iron Fist, can be used by a subsequent or in Danny's case former Iron Fist. Its not so much he has the Iron Fist back as he can use chi-charged weapons now because he still has the tattoo and there's still a connection of sorts. Like a shortcut. For instance now that Colleen charged her sword I bet Danny can charge that same sword, too. Its like a way to keep Danny from being totally powerless while Colleen is the actual Iron Fist.

I finished this season shaking my head in disbelief. And for one reason: The Danny Rand we saw in the last five minutes (the private jet scene with Ward and the end scene) was great! Jones can be a perfect Danny Rand if they just keep writing him like that - he was relaxed yet confident, had a sense of humor and could sell the philosophy with a wink and a smile. He was like he was on "Luke Cage" in the barber shop scene. I was shocked - they obviously can deliver us the perfect Danny Rand, yet for 98% of this season he was serious, humorless, had no direction or real motivation and was just - as many have said - the weak link in his own show. Jones does a great job when he's given the relaxed Danny to play, but uber serious Danny, not so much.

We keep seeing glimpses of how great Jones can be in this role - just give us that version of Danny!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Finally finished the season and loved it. Liked the daughters of the dragon going up against Cage tease. Also does anyone have any ideas who that boss in Japan could be?
    Orson Randall is the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The gun and belt were items Danny stole from Orson Randall, a previous Iron Fist. The connection I made was that any weapon chi-charged by a previous Iron Fist, can be used by a subsequent or in Danny's case former Iron Fist. Its not so much he has the Iron Fist back as he can use chi-charged weapons now because he still has the tattoo and there's still a connection of sorts. Like a shortcut. For instance now that Colleen charged her sword I bet Danny can charge that same sword, too. Its like a way to keep Danny from being totally powerless while Colleen is the actual Iron Fist.
    That's seems a bit flimsy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I finished this season shaking my head in disbelief. And for one reason: The Danny Rand we saw in the last five minutes (the private jet scene with Ward and the end scene) was great! Jones can be a perfect Danny Rand if they just keep writing him like that - he was relaxed yet confident, had a sense of humor and could sell the philosophy with a wink and a smile. He was like he was on "Luke Cage" in the barber shop scene. I was shocked - they obviously can deliver us the perfect Danny Rand, yet for 98% of this season he was serious, humorless, had no direction or real motivation and was just - as many have said - the weak link in his own show. Jones does a great job when he's given the relaxed Danny to play, but uber serious Danny, not so much.

We keep seeing glimpses of how great Jones can be in this role - just give us that version of Danny!
    But even down to his mannerisms he exudes 0 confience. His walk doesn't even have swag! lol

I'll do you one better than the barber shop scene. Jones was at his absolute best when he was eating that banging chinese food with Luke in The Defenders. He was chill to the max at that moment, cracking jokes, and kicking back. That is my only great Jones memory.

I posted my main reaction to the show, but other thoughts:
    -- I've always liked Alice Eve and I thought she did a great job. The "third" personality twist was unexpected. (did she in the comics or just the two?) It seems her story isn't over. I wonder if they're thinking of spin-off possibilities a la The Punisher? There's gotta to be more to that Sukovia backstory in terms of her mission and why Sukovia in particular. It highly doubt it, but a Zemo appearance would be amazing.
    -- I never bought into Joy's turn against Danny. I literally re-watched the end of last season to see if I missed something. I feel they tried *really* hard to explain it in retrospect, and I almost bought it - the actress did her best to sell it, but her motivations still came across as flimsy and contrived. Joy is the kind of character that Hogarth would eat for breakfast.
    -- Davos, however was a compelling and convincing villain to me. TV has generally moved away from one-note, uncomplicated villains I appreciate Davos' unwavering devotion to his mission. His backstory is sympathetic, but this guy is broken and I didn't need to see him struggle with his humanity or find redemption.
    -- As many others have noted, Colleen/Misty were a highlight of the season. Surprising nobody ever took Colleen's moniker to this extent, but hey, she's always been "Daughter of the Dragon" so nobody should have been surprised by her backstory, right? Between her "flaming sword" upgrade and Misty needing a new arm, I can't wait to see her upgrade and what the DotD will do next! (maybe take on Cage? Maybe take on DD?? They're the only ones now really doing the job of "protecting the city")
    -- Nice nod to the comics with Sam/Blindspot, but I wasn't interested in his character. If they were going to introduce him, it made more sense to me that he would have been one of the kids that Davos recruited.
    -- It seemed a waste to throw in the "Crane Sisters" in name only. Perhaps they'll think of a way to create legitimate ties if they want to bring them back, but I wasn't happy with that, but this show has had so many missed opportunities.
    -- Overall, I wasn't impressed with this season, but damn if that last scene didn't make me intrigued...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I posted my main reaction to the show, but other thoughts:
    -- I've always liked Alice Eve and I thought she did a great job. The "third" personality twist was unexpected. (did she in the comics or just the two?) It seems her story isn't over. I wonder if they're thinking of spin-off possibilities a la The Punisher? There's gotta to be more to that Sukovia backstory in terms of her mission and why Sukovia in particular. It highly doubt it, but a Zemo appearance would be amazing.
    Her third alter is likely bloody mary from the comics. The bloody mary persona is sadistic, brutal and misandrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Her third alter is likely bloody mary from the comics. The bloody mary persona is sadistic, brutal and misandrous.
    Do you mean Typhoid Mary? I figured as much, but from my memory of her in the comics, there were just the two personas, not three.

Do you mean Typhoid Mary? I figured as much, but from my memory of her in the comics, there were just the two personas, not three.
    He's right, the third alter would be Bloody Mary. Typhoid is technically Walker though I doubt they'll ever call her that. But there's always been three alters, four now after the events of Shadowland.

He's right, the third alter would be Bloody Mary. Typhoid is technically Walker though I doubt they'll ever call her that. But there's always been three alters, four now after the events of Shadowland.
    I always thought it was Mary (timid, meek, pacifist), Typhoid (violent, lecherous, bold) and Bloody (cruel, sadist, hates men) as the 3 main ones with the "lost" personality being the new one Kingpin unlocked that was a spy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I always thought it was Mary (timid, meek, pacifist), Typhoid (violent, lecherous, bold) and Bloody (cruel, sadist, hates men) as the 3 main ones with the "lost" personality being the new one Kingpin unlocked that was a spy.
    This was my understanding aswell but I dont knw much about her honestly

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yes this is exactly right. We're getting the three apparently (Mary, Typhoid, and Bloody), not sure about the fourth (Kingpin spy). Though Walker/Typhoid singing "Monday, Monday" might be a clue (there was FOUR members of the The Mamas and the Papas).

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This was my understanding aswell but I dont knw much about her honestly
    Yes this is exactly right. We're getting the three apparently (Mary, Typhoid, and Bloody), not sure about the fourth (Kingpin spy). Though Walker/Typhoid singing "Monday, Monday" might be a clue (there was FOUR members of the The Mamas and the Papas).
    I know nothing about her 4th personality other than she was a spy/mole/agent for Kingpin during Shadowland. What is that one like? The internet ... is not helping me. Is it worth a read? I usually skip events ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I saw it as Danny on a chill day with any easy conflict to resolve. You put him in the rest of the season or even just the last episode he'd be more closer to how he was in his own show.

I disagree about Danny in season 2 not having any humor or vague motivations. This was better handled in season 2 than 1.

The lack of direction and him being a weak link is true but those are apparent in the comics as well. IF would be trickiest of the four to do a solo show because he tends to work better as an ensemble player. IF season 1 didn't play to his strengths and made his flaws worse. Season 2 was stuck playing catchup and couldn't just scorch the earth and reboot so this is the best they got.

During the last few episodes, after Danny floated the idea of Colleen carrying the Fist, I felt like I was watching a meta commentary on Jones' job on the show. Everyone had been saying (and I agreed) that Colleen seemed like a stronger character and better acted, more convincing in fight scenes, etc. - it felt like seeing a pitcher being relieved in the third inning, or the starting QB getting benched, but thankfully Danny's not out of the picture...

During the last few episodes, after Danny floated the idea of Colleen carrying the Fist, I felt like I was watching a meta commentary on Jones' job on the show. Everyone had been saying (and I agreed) that Colleen seemed like a stronger character and better acted, more convincing in fight scenes, etc. - it felt like seeing a pitcher being relieved in the third inning, or the starting QB getting benched, but thankfully Danny's not out of the picture...
    LOL. That's gold.