Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ok I'm giving up on Netflix. This show was garbage, they have no idea what to do with Danny... The best thing about the whole season was the last 2 minutes in Japan but that simply isn't enough to bring me back for more. I'm out.

I hope MCU reboots Danny soon on the big screen.

Ultimate Member

I'd give Season 2 a 7/10 myself:

-Danny's still the weakest main character on his own show, but he's a lot better than he was in Season 1 (although not as good as he was in LC Season 2).
    -Colleen continues to be awesome and I'm surprisingly ok with where they go with her at the end as she's more interesting than Danny anyway.
    -Misty and Ward were good.
    -Typhoid Mary was awesome and I so hope that we see more of her going forward (hopefully she pops up in Daredevil or even The Punisher at some point).
    -The action/fight scenes were much improved.
    -Etc.

Now for the downsides:

-Davos was kind of a meh baddie for me. Not awful, but nothing special either.
    -I never bought Joy's heel turn at the end of Season 1, and it still doesn't work for me here despite their attempts to explain it.
    -There were some pacing issues.
    -Etc.

So an improvement to be sure, but not perfect.

Danny works best as an ensemble character in this show. His best showings were in Defenders, Luke Cage, and the ensemble scenes.

I hope the daughters take on Luke and Danny comes to his aid.

Give us HEROES FOR HIRE already! And Daughters of the Dragon!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lets talk about that. Why does anyone need to take on Luke? He hasn't done anything evil, he hasn't hurt anyone, he hasn't killed anyone. Mariah in jail created an immediate power vacuum that had people getting killed DAILY. It happened so fast and so often even Luke couldn't put in a dent in that. He had no other choice and while I like Misty she's full of **** leaving out that context. "A black man with REAL power needs to be stopped" is sending a bad message here. If he becomes Mariah, ok, but there's zero precedent to that so the sudden urge to be pro-active is bullshit to me. And just because Mariah thinks "inheriting the kingdom" so to speak will corrupt him doesn't mean it will. Evil people think everyone is just as evil as them, just like liars think everyone is lying to them, thieves think everyone is stealing from them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Lets talk about that. Why does anyone need to take on Luke? He hasn't done anything evil, he hasn't hurt anyone, he hasn't killed anyone. Mariah in jail created an immediate power vacuum that had people getting killed DAILY. It happened so fast and so often even Luke couldn't put in a dent in that. He had no other choice and while I like Misty she's full of **** leaving out that context. "A black man with REAL power needs to be stopped" is sending a bad message here. If he becomes Mariah, ok, but there's zero precedent to that so the sudden urge to be pro-active is bullshit to me. And just because Mariah thinks "inheriting the kingdom" so to speak will corrupt him doesn't mean it will. Evil people think everyone is just as evil as them, just like liars think everyone is lying to them, thieves think everyone is stealing from them, etc.
    I think Misty's view on Luke might be coloured by her own experiences with supposedly good people turning out to be corrupt and her own struggles with morality.

Misty doesnt agree with his tactics but I guarantee LC season 3 doesnt paint him as a bad guy. And half way through the season they are all one happy family again and have a real villian to take down.

Misty's a Cop and Luke has to be doing some Illegal stuff. And is kinda taking a as long as it's not in Harlem I'll look the other way approach it seems. But who knows need to to see how Luke runs Harlem we got a tiny taste in the closing minutes

Lets talk about that. Why does anyone need to take on Luke? He hasn't done anything evil, he hasn't hurt anyone, he hasn't killed anyone.
    Nobody needs to take him on at this point, it's just that they're hinting that his new role will lead to temptation and possible abuse of power if he's not careful. The "Godfather" comparison at the end of LC S2 certainly plays with the idea that he will be corrupted, and will likely be the storyline of the next season, but I do think Misty is jumping the gun.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-19-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Ok I'm giving up on Netflix. This show was garbage, they have no idea what to do with Danny... The best thing about the whole season was the last 2 minutes in Japan but that simply isn't enough to bring me back for more. I'm out.

I hope MCU reboots Danny soon on the big screen.
    Well, I really like this second season, but I think your wish could be come true very soon, not for a reboot because "everything is connected", but maybe a strong relaunch for these new tv project from Marvel Studio (and no Marvel tv) about mini serie with very big budget, I guess you should be a little patient, but I'm pretty sure Iron Fist will have his chance too.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Well, I really like this second season, but I think your wish could be come true very soon, not for a reboot because "everything is connected", but maybe a strong relaunch for these new tv project from Marvel Studio (and no Marvel tv) about mini serie with very big budget, I guess you should be a little patient, but I'm pretty sure Iron Fist will have his chance too.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/
    If they decide to include Iron Fist in the new Marvel/Disney ("Marney?" "DisM'el?") it wouldn't surprise me if they continue the whole legacy idea and have it star Pei... (Kaare Andrew's pet project)

I think they will keep Danny because he have more stories, and relaunch him in another tv show first like Shang Chi or something like "Deadly hand of Kung fu", before to give him his chance in his own new tv show.
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-20-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I think they will keep Danny because he have more stories, and relaunch him in another tv show first like Shang Chi or something like "Deadly hand of Kung fu", before to give him his chance in his own new tv show.
    Heroes for Hire is right there ... as much as I enjoy Luke and Iron Fist ... I would much rather see Heroes for Hire and Daughters of the Dragon. Episode 10 of Luke Cage was what I want from those 2.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm all for the four of them forming a team. Just call themselves "The Defenders" - they never actually did it in the "Defenders" show. Jessica can guest as "their PI friend" who pops in just to do some investigative stuff in one or two eps. (and let's face it, she and Cage have a lot of chemistry)

I never saw Danny as a solo lead and scott buick screwed the pooch on making him one so i rather he pop up in a team show or someone else's rather than giving him his own show again.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I never saw Danny as a solo lead and scott buick screwed the pooch on making him one so i rather he pop up in a team show or someone else's rather than giving him his own show again.
    I could see him annoying Jessica for an episode or 2.

I could see him filling in as DD to clear Matt's name at some point.

I definitely could see him teaming with Luke and/or the DotD.

I can't really see him interacting with Frank well but that might actually be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I can't really see him interacting with Frank well but that might actually be fun.
    Especially now that Danny's got his hands on some guns...