Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    DD is the only show i watched passed season 1. I'm surprised none of the others have been canceled, did IF really get that many less views than the others?
    Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    First Iron Fist now Luke Cage gets the axe...
    OK, it looks like i made a prediction that came true.

Will JJ be next? I do see DD and Punisher being the only 2 left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    OK, it looks like i made a prediction that came true.

Will JJ be next? I do see DD and Punisher being the only 2 left.
    Jessica has a third season confirmed. Not sure if JJ will be next, but it likely won't happen too soon.

Jones is 60% done with shooting season 3.

The speculation is that Luke and Danny & Misty and Coleen will be moving to Hulu in new shows. Hulu will be the adult brand and Disney streaming will be the family friendly one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That Heroes for Hire show doesn't sound quite as bad now, does it.
    If they keep Finn Jones as Danny yes yes it does. Not getting around that. Unlike Luke's show his show was cancelled due to RATINGS. Finn Jones does not need to be given multiple chances to catch on with the audience as the audience has already spoken, defenders (heh) on a messageboard aside.

Maybe on Defenders. Or maybe Luke and Danny can just sneak into Jessica Jones season 3.
    So allow me to rephrase a bit: It shouldn't be Jessica's job (the show not the character) to "help out" Danny that ship has sailed. Or rather help out Finn Jones.

Before they were cancelled, I figured Season 4 would have been a joint H4H show instead of separate seasons. Season 3 flet like it would have been a soft for each of the Defenders anyway so you wanted a shakeup it would be there.

I also don't see Luke, Jess or Danny lasting more than 3 or 4 seasons anyway. Matt can go on for 10+ and punisher would work better as an anthology.

So merging them in S4 felt like the way to go.

After cancellation i think Luke and Danny could pop up in the other two shows or a defenders minisiries. Jess teaming up with Misty and Colleen to go after Luke is dripping with narrative potential.

Danny could go with Matt as they have existing connections abd good chemistry. I don't really feel Matt needs him tho. So maybe of Agents of SHIELD might be a good place for him? They aren't beholden to NY and Danny needs a new niche as Colleen has chinatown covered and is a better fit for the Netflix corner.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Before they were cancelled, I figured Season 4 would have been a joint H4H show instead of separate seasons. Season 3 flet like it would have been a soft for each of the Defenders anyway so you wanted a shakeup it would be there.

I also don't see Luke, Jess or Danny lasting more than 3 or 4 seasons anyway. Matt can go on for 10+ and punisher would work better as an anthology.

So merging them in S4 felt like the way to go.

After cancellation i think Luke and Danny could pop up in the other two shows or a defenders minisiries. Jess teaming up with Misty and Colleen to go after Luke is dripping with narrative potential.

Danny could go with Matt as they have existing connections abd good chemistry. I don't really feel Matt needs him tho. So maybe of Agents of SHIELD might be a good place for him? They aren't beholden to NY and Danny needs a new niche as Colleen has chinatown covered and is a better fit for the Netflix corner.
    I think there's potential in another Defenders show having them all team up again to deal with Luke. Claire, Misty and Colleen might try to deal with Cage themselves, but if they need help both Danny and Jessica have more than enough personal reason to get involved. Matt less so but he's hardly a stretch if CLaire wants a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If they keep Finn Jones as Danny yes yes it does. Not getting around that. Unlike Luke's show his show was cancelled due to RATINGS. Finn Jones does not need to be given multiple chances to catch on with the audience as the audience has already spoken, defenders (heh) on a messageboard aside.

So allow me to rephrase a bit: It shouldn't be Jessica's job (the show not the character) to "help out" Danny that ship has sailed. Or rather help out Finn Jones.
    Certainly Net Flixs and marvel can wash their hands of Iron Fist if they choose.

But they did say that despite being cancelled, Iron Fist would live on. Could just be hyperbole... but there are also a lot of options available to use him and Cage if they choose apart from solo shows. We'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Curious what the ratings are for Iron Fist or Luke Cage. Will you share your knowledge?

BANNED

.After cancellation i think Luke and Danny could pop up in the other two shows or a defenders minisiries. Jess teaming up with Misty and Colleen to go after Luke is dripping with narrative potential.

Depends on what the agreement is between Marvel and Netflix. Does canceling the show mean giving up the characters for use in other shows? I don't think anyone knows, but adding cancelled characters to running shows doesn't seem like a smart move to me.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 10-21-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Depends on what the agreement is between Marvel and Netflix. Does canceling the show mean giving up the characters for use in other shows? I don't think anyone knows, but adding cancelled characters to running shows doesn't seem like a smart move to me.
    I feel it depends on the situation.

Adding Luke Cage to Jessica Jones is a no-brainer because they have a pre-existing history. He debuted on her show so it's a homecoming so to speak.

On the other hand adding Danny to AOS is more of a Hail Mary for his character. I suggested Danny in AOS because I was fond on the Ghost Rider stuff in Season 4. I saw Danny's inclusion as a cheaper way to get that back but also mutually beneficial for both. Danny gets a new niche/purpose while AOS gets a whole new bag of goodies to play with.

Granted you could do all that with Colleen which is the bigger issue. Colleen ended becoming the better choice both in-story and out. In hindsight she fits the strengths of the Netflix shows better than Danny did.

I don't feel Netflix was the right home because Danny doesn't really benefit from grounded and gritty approach. He could do street level stories but his solo comics tend to focus more on the kung-fu fantasy stuff. So it would have been ideal if they could marry the two or they could play them off each other in a way that made him distinct from his competition (Daredevil/Green Arrow).

That didn't work out in Iron Fist season 1 or Defenders because the Netflix writers didn't know how to do that. Ironically Agents of Shield did so figured they could maybe do Iron Fist better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-21-2018 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

That didn't work out in Iron Fist season 1 or Defenders because the Netflix writers didn't know how to do that. Ironically Agents of Shield did so figured they could maybe do Iron Fist better.
    I thought it worked will in defenders, but the odd men out were everyone except Danny. DD was close enough, due to season 2, but Luke's and Jessica's story were pointless and Elektra was there for no real reason at all n

I feel it depends on the situation.

Adding Luke Cage to Jessica Jones is a no-brainer because they have a pre-existing history. He debuted on her show so it's a homecoming so to speak.

On the other hand adding Danny to AOS is more of a Hail Mary for his character. I suggested Danny in AOS because I was fond on the Ghost Rider stuff in Season 4. I saw Danny's inclusion as a cheaper way to get that back but also mutually beneficial for both. Danny gets a new niche/purpose while AOS gets a whole new bag of goodies to play with.

Granted you could do all that with Colleen which is the bigger issue. Colleen ended becoming the better choice both in-story and out. In hindsight she fits the strengths of the Netflix shows better than Danny did.

I don't feel Netflix was the right home because Danny doesn't really benefit from grounded and gritty approach. He could do street level stories but his solo comics tend to focus more on the kung-fu fantasy stuff. So it would have been ideal if they could marry the two or they could play them off each other in a way that made him distinct from his competition (Daredevil/Green Arrow).

Danny works when you consider the central antagonist for the Defenders ended up being a mystical clan of ninjas. THat's right up Dannys ally. It's Jess and Luke who were sort of wondering what the heck they were doing there.

Extraordinary Member

Netfilx is very likely in cheapskate money saving mode so a single Defenders TV show with all the series main characters teamed up would probably be more attractive to them than 5 series they are paying out
    the Wazoo for.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-22-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I thought it worked will in defenders, but the odd men out were everyone except Danny. DD was close enough, due to season 2, but Luke's and Jessica's story were pointless and Elektra was there for no real reason at all n
    Im the opposite but thats because the Hand were a mixed bag to me. They were a cool physical threat in Daredevil but too vaguely handed. Iron Fist and Defenders did try to define them but your mileage may vary.

The Fingers weren't a bad idea but brought in to late or just lacked a real figure to crowd around. Elektra was already defined in Daredevil so she stood out more than the others.

To me Danny works better in ensemble and the ideal show for him would have closer to Buffy/angel. So Agents of SHIELD felt like the best fit.

Plus they are 5 seasons so they could risk it better than the other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Danny works when you consider the central antagonist for the Defenders ended up being a mystical clan of ninjas. THat's right up Dannys ally. It's Jess and Luke who were sort of wondering what the heck they were doing there.
    My argument was more Netflix didn't how to handle that kind of material so both Danny and The Hand/K'un L'un floundered till iron fist season 2.

BANNED

Having just renewed my subscription to Netflix (cancelled after Jessica Jones failed to hold my interest) I'm now watching Iron Fist season 1.

I have to say I'm incredibly surprised. I expected, based on comments here, to find badly choreographed fight scenes by Danny to be the most memorable part of the series. Imagine my surprise to find out the fight scenes were choreographed really well, just very badly shot. I certainly was not expecting that the weak link of the show would be the lead actor's acting ability, which it was. Many of the scenes meant to be most intense were just cringe-inducing. Also, when you're a good actor, you can pull off a sex scene. When you're a bad actor, the viewer is so embarrassed they just want to look away. Such was the case with Iron Fist season 1.

All that said, this is a really good season in almost every other respect. I'm on episode 10 now, and it's the most tightly-written of all the Netflix Marvel shows out there (haven't seen JJ2 IF2, P1 or LC2). It has avoided the "We haven't got enough story for 13 episodes" syndrome more than any of the others. It is emotionally engaging, most of the characters you feel invested in, and I'm genuinely curious to see what happens next. It literally took me two years to watch the las 30 minutes of JJ1 because I just didn't care. I am desperate to know what the next episode holds for Iron Fist - though I'll admit that Collen's story may have more to do with that than Danny's.

Really, I think that in many respects (the lead actor's acting skill not among them) this is the best done Netflix Marvel series out there. Watching the remaining unseen seasons may change my opinion.