Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Actually the show should be called Colleen Wing and her Amazing Friends. I didn't make it through half the first season so I feel there are loose threads going into this. I am enjoying S2 much more than the slog that is S1 easily.

The Hand was so big of an arc that spread over three series, downgrading with the Hatchets and Tigers don't quite hold up by comparison.

Beautiful cinematography through, Yang's place and the temple fight with Danny and Davos standout against about 100 other scenes in warehouses, docks and Chinatown. I loved the diner scene. Ward's arc is interesting, Davos is... really intense lol, to say the least but the Mary arc is really good so far 5 episodes in.

I think I may see where this maybe going. I just can't help to think one of the great fringe Marvel characters of the Bronze age has his own TV show on Saturday night, least that's when I'm watching it. I'm into it, usually don't bite off this much of the Marvel Netflix shows in one sitting like this.
    I really wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage and Iron Fist seasons 3 being turned into Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes for Hire.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

... when people are more excited for axillary characters on someone else’s show there is no arguing that the show completely failed. The sheer defense of it is beyond asinine.

You can’t start your review with...”Well the main character was boring and I’m not even sure why she/he was there. But boy were her/his cast more critical to the story and interesting.” It doesn’t work.

When you are watching a show to get more of the side characters and the lead seems in the way then there is a major problem. Denying that just makes everyone in the conversation look foolish.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-09-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Here is my short review:

"Most fans will be very happy with the first 4 episodes. Going into episode 5 they will shuffle scratch their head and push forward. But hitting episode six you will question what is going on. By episode 7 you will realize the bait and switch. After that disappointment will ensue. It's down hill from there."

They are setting this up to be a Legends of Korra Rip Off at this point.
    Didn't wind up happening.

My favorite season of a Netflix/Marvel show yet.

Unglaublich!

I loved this season. Absolutely everything about it was leagues ahead of S1, which was really poor!

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

... when people are more excited for axillary characters on someone else’s show there is no arguing that the show completely failed. The sheer defense of it is beyond asinine.
    I'm perfectly fine with this. The main character is usually not my favorite character in any given show I watch.

Yeah, this season wipes it's ass with season 1. I was surprised to see it was ten episodes. Maybe Marvel finally found the magic number of episodes for their Netflix shows.

Ultimate Member

Honestly Daredevil is one of the least interesting main characters in his show as well. Not BAD certainly, but not as interesting as the others.

Also I'd totally be up for a Daughters of the Dragon show, or maybe a 6-8 episodes mini-series at least.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Finished watching this last night and I was so hopeful that this season would be better than the first. Unfortunately, this season is utter trash. I can't even begin to list all of the excruciating ways they butchered this season.

And try as hard as I might, I just can't buy Finn as Danny Rand. He has to be the worst actor to cast as Danny. He can't act, he can't pull off the fight scenes and doesn't make you love the character. Contrast him with Sacha as Davos and it is night and day. Sacha is 5'7 but his presence on screen is 100 times better than Finn. And that's just Finn. I won't get into how bad the story, the fight choreography and the characters' side stories were. Does anyone really care about Ward and his AA girlfriend? Seriously?

It's a real shame because Iron Fist is such a cool Marvel character with rich possibilities and a grand mythology. Unfortunately, they botched everything about the character and his small part of the MU. Thanks for nothing Buck and Metzner.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-09-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Does anyone really care about Ward and his AA girlfriend? Seriously?
    Ward is the best character in the whole series. He keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ward is the best character in the whole series. He keeps getting better and better.
    Yeah... If only it the show where called the "IMMORTAL WARD MEACHUM" you might actually be justified in your defense.

Just saying.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah... If only it the show where called the "IMMORTAL WARD MEACHUM" you might actually be justified in your defense.

Just saying.
    I don't need him to be the main character to get me to care.

I don't need him to be the main character to get me to care.
    The fact that Ward was not a main character but had more dialogue and more of a meaningful story then the main character is the problem.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-09-2018 at 01:48 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I watched the first three episodes, got bored, skipped to the last one. Well, maybe I shouldn't say "bored." I've just reached a point with the netflix shows where I'm unwilling to put up with five hours of buildup for something that could be done in twenty-minutes of one episode.

Gotta, say: I could take or leave the ending. Colleen has always been cool, and it's interesting that they've decided to go in that direction, but if that's what they decided on, then they should have just committed to it and killed Danny off. Or, if Danny was such an annoying character to the point where they decided he shouldn't be Iron Fist anymore, then they should have sucked it up, admit they made a mistake, and recast him. But whatever, going the legend of Korra route could be interesting too if they stick the landing.

Seems like these Netflix shows are going to be taking an Ultimate Marvel kind of approach from now on, and aren't going to concern themselves too much with the comics, considering the ending to Luke Cage S2.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I dug the new season. It was waaaaay better than season 1 and honestly to me, more enjoyable than Cage season 2 and maybe Jessica Jones season 2.

The new showrunner figured a lot of things out, what didn't work...and what could work (and to me, did work). Yes. Danny is boring. They missed the boat with his casting. But...he was much more palatable in this season. One of the things the showrunner figured out was the weak protagonist, and built up the supporting cast around him to offset this. I do think Finn Jones has some potential...but he tends to take himself almost too seriously and plays it too earnestly when Danny has a lot to say, etc. His monologues, as noted, are dry as hell.

I applaud the major twist ending, though, and would say I enjoyed like 80% of this season versus about 8% of season 1. Also - KUDOS FOR MAKING ME NOT HATE WARD. That dude and Harold in season 1 were two of the worst damn actors I have ever seen...like daytime soap awful. Ward was way more "natural" in this season and I dug the way dude played him. In fact...Danny's best scenes were with Ward in season 2. Those scenes were less "wooden" as far as Finn Jones' delivery and if he would act like he did in those scenes all the time (or the scenes he had with Luke in Cage season 2) Danny would be 100 times better.

I'm interested to see where season 3 goes and I want to see a lot more Danny/Ward team-up action in season 3. I also liked the use of Misty Knight in this show (versus the usual cameo of Claire...although I loves me some Rosario Dawson).

This show was not perfect by any damn stretch...but let's be honest, outside of DD season 1 and JJ season 1...the seasons have all been very spotty. Well...the Punisher was pretty damn great.

But...the status quo shifts in the finales of Iron Fist and Luke Cage season 2...I give 'em props for shaking it up and making me curious to see what happens next.

I'm perfectly fine with this. The main character is usually not my favorite character in any given show I watch.

Yeah, this season wipes it's ass with season 1. I was surprised to see it was ten episodes. Maybe Marvel finally found the magic number of episodes for their Netflix shows.
    I have been banging the drum on this for a while. THE SEASONS DO NOT ALL HAVE TO BE 13 EPISODES. Tell your story in the amount of time you NEED TO TELL IT. We will all be better off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I have been banging the drum on this for a while. THE SEASONS DO NOT ALL HAVE TO BE 13 EPISODES. Tell your story in the amount of time you NEED TO TELL IT. We will all be better off for it.
    HERE HERE!

There are 1-3 episodes in each DD, JJ, LC, and IFs1 I could see being trimmed or added to other episodes in order to cut down the episode count total.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium