Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In case everyone has been living under a rock , Robert Kirkman shocked everyone and AMC by ending the comic book series with this issue. People are stunned by this as Kirkman seemed to hint the series would run way longer. But today ended the comic book series.

Kirkman detailed that he originally was thinking of ending the comic book series after the end of No Way Out arc where Rick gives a speech that Alexandria was worth fighting for and that the series had moved from its nomad era. The series would as Kirkman claimed had a statue of Rick made and over time it gets old and weeds grow around it and we see the Dead still there. That society never could fully stop the walking dead even though Alexandria became a big community. (he scrapped this plan and admitted it was terrible)

AMC itself has a problem as now the main series has enough material for at least 2 more seasons to go off of.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Perhaps the dead were the citizens of Alexandria as well.

I think this does give the TV show a bit more creative freedom actually, although they've done a lot of their own thing they've largely been bound to the broad storylines of the comic: Atlanta/Farm/Prison/Governor/Hunters/on the road/Alexandria/Saviors/Whisperers.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think it should not be a problem really. Fear the Walking Dead has been killing it the last 2 season telling there own story. I know people like to whine and moan "they killed Madison and Nick the show is garbage now" but I would not trade character like John, June, and Al for 10 Madisons.

Also pretty much the show's two leads apart from Michionne are a character not from the comics (Daryl, although I suppose one can say he has some slight similarities to comic Dwight; maybe that's why the TV show had them face off at first?) and a character who was in the comics briefly but is now completely different (Carol). So it's pretty much set itself apart pretty well already. Michionne's also largely different from her comic version by now IMO. (She pretty much took Andrea's place as Rick's second great love).

I actually think this puts AMC at a lot of ease. With no new source material to go off of, the showrunners can just craft things the way they want without having fans compare it to anything else. It'll stand entirely on its own merit, for good or ill.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

The comic's actual ending was way, way better than his earlier idea.

I tip my hat to them keeping this a secret up to the day of release, that's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Fear the Walking Dead has been killing it the last 2 season telling there own story. I know people like to whine and moan "they killed Madison and Nick the show is garbage now" but I would not trade character like John, June, and Al for 10 Madisons.
    Where is the Fear the Walking Dead thread anyway? I like John a lot, but he is the kind of Uber Warrior that belongs on Walking Dead (along with Morgan and Dwight) and not Fear. The show didn't become bad with Travis, Madison, and Nick all gone. It lost some of its uniqueness and became more like Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it should not be a problem really. Fear the Walking Dead has been killing it the last 2 season telling there own story. I know people like to whine and moan "they killed Madison and Nick the show is garbage now" but I would not trade character like John, June, and Al for 10 Madisons.
    Agree completely. I've watched it since it began, but these new characters are so good. Both shows seem more unpredictable this past year. I think that's been good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Where is the Fear the Walking Dead thread anyway? I like John a lot, but he is the kind of Uber Warrior that belongs on Walking Dead (along with Morgan and Dwight) and not Fear. The show didn't become bad with Travis, Madison, and Nick all gone. It lost some of its uniqueness and became more like Walking Dead.
    This is one problem I have without Kirkman laying down stories and plots to follow even loosely. The Fear show has became a train wreck of bad ideas at times. One reviewer mocked the whole idea of these folks new mission statement and how they executed it. Plus the fact Madison as a villain was something people started to grow into.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I definitely prefer the new main characters. And Alicia still is great. But John, June, and Al are better than Nick and Madison. With Morgan and Dwight added, well, the show is taking off. I still find many of the episodes' executions of premises to be a bit loose and far fetched. For instance, I know John is a great shooter, but that trick he did with the axe blade was silly.
    I prefer this Strand over the old one. And I'm glad the old guy came back.
    Maybe we will see Jadis sometime. Rick will be reserved for any movie tie-in.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

This is just me, but TWD wore out it's welcome several seasons ago. It really needs to end.

Haven't watched Fear The Walking Dead, so I can't speak for it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

A number of fans for a long while wanted Madison to turn into Alpha. That given that Fear took place years earlier they were really wanting Madison Clark and how she was at times willing to kill for her family at a moments notice to slowly become Alpha. That was what they really wanted to see happen. Because as one reviewer brought up as the series went on wherever Madison went ; she would destroy whatever was there. That people would die and so forth so she could keep her family together.

That viewers weren't happy because the change of direction was a whiplash. Honestly had they slowly worked a season to move the show to what we saw with new leads and Alisha taking over maybe it works. But the double whammy of losing Madison and Nick (who the writers spent a couple years building good) in span of episodes as well as the new mission statement we saw in episode #1 was a colossal ...WTF is this ?

Honestly Morgan and company should be nomads trying to gather survivors to move to Alexandria , Hilltop and Kingdom. That they will travel to each state and try to get those folks over time to those communities and learn if any communities exist beyond that. GOOD MISSION STATEMENT. Instead we have them trying to go find people and help with no real goal in mind. A fact they looked like morons in episode #1 doing this as the new villain took over his old place.

Its why Kirkman as a writer gave great outlines for Walking Dead and others filled in gaps writing wise for TV. But his overall ideas worked. Fear doesn't have that and has become outright moronic ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A number of fans for a long while wanted Madison to turn into Alpha. That given that Fear took place years earlier they were really wanting Madison Clark and how she was at times willing to kill for her family at a moments notice to slowly become Alpha. That was what they really wanted to see happen. Because as one reviewer brought up as the series went on wherever Madison went ; she would destroy whatever was there. That people would die and so forth so she could keep her family together.

That viewers weren't happy because the change of direction was a whiplash. Honestly had they slowly worked a season to move the show to what we saw with new leads and Alisha taking over maybe it works. But the double whammy of losing Madison and Nick (who the writers spent a couple years building good) in span of episodes as well as the new mission statement we saw in episode #1 was a colossal ...WTF is this ?

Honestly Morgan and company should be nomads trying to gather survivors to move to Alexandria , Hilltop and Kingdom. That they will travel to each state and try to get those folks over time to those communities and learn if any communities exist beyond that. GOOD MISSION STATEMENT. Instead we have them trying to go find people and help with no real goal in mind. A fact they looked like morons in episode #1 doing this as the new villain took over his old place.

Its why Kirkman as a writer gave great outlines for Walking Dead and others filled in gaps writing wise for TV. But his overall ideas worked. Fear doesn't have that and has become outright moronic ****.
    Totaly disagree with you. I had fallen off hard on Fear because Nick and Madison were just such one note characters. Madison and her "I will do whatever it takes to save my kids" and Nick with his "I am just such a broken fuckin mess I do insane things" actions had both worn out their welcomes hard by season 3. I was more than happy when Charley shot and killed Nick. Fear is actually fun to watch because they are doing such new things like with the hurricane last season and radiation this season. If anything Walking Dead is the one that has become unwatchable ****.

When does Fear take place at this moment? Season 9 pretty much took place over seven and a half years-the first part with Rick was 1 1/2 after the war, and then the bigger time skip (6 years) after he left. So I'm guessing it's somewhere within those gaps.

I haven't watched too much of it, was Morgan planning to bring the group to Alexandria? If so he probably never made it, settled down at another colony, or maybe something eventually keeps him from returning, as seems to be the case with Rick.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-05-2019 at 03:33 PM.

When Dwight showed up I think he said he has been looking for his wife for the better part of a year so far so that give you a rough idea where Fear is at.