Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

All I have to say is that now that they've introduced Dog, he has to stay. They cannot kill off the dog. Ever.

The X scars have to have something to do with Maggie. Its almost as if she had Michonne and Daryl tortured for some reason.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Thinking of some things from this episode....

-

-

-

-

-

- Enid is now 2nd in command of the Hilltop and the new leader is Jesus. Who as we see really wants someone else to do the job and hopes Maggie will return. As he won't use her office.

- Daryl has a DOG ! He also has started living off in the woods a lot more . Which seems like a step back towards that sad , angry young man he was when we 1st met him with Rick. Carol appeals to him to travel with them. Knowing he needs to be around humanity and something happened where Carol seemed to move to Kingdom and Daryl didn't like that.

- We have a newer , younger version of Rick it appears with someone who has good hair , beard and carries a machete. It almost is insane that this character appears with Michonne's group taking them to Hilltop.

- In the comics its Rick who takes Carl to Hilltop to apprentice at Earl Sutton's ...in this its Henry who has grew up with Carol taking him !

- Daryl has been going out because he's carrying guilt over Rick's death. A fact he tells Carol he's looked for the body and they never have found it ! Carol tries to get him past this.

- Comically Aaron and Jesus do their own Inspector Clouseau and Cato where its revealed that they meet for training.

- Henry and Daryl have a very Merle/Daryl type relationship as they meet up. Daryl now being the older angry brother type as Henry helps save him from a sneak attack from a walker.

- On his back...Daryl has the same X scar that Michonne has on her back. This is becoming a bit of a question mark. Something happened....during the 6 years it appears. (We will likely get that story at some point)

- Henry brings up what we already know to Daryl ....Carol views him as a son. That he is causing her to worry about him .

- Michonne destroys the 17th century Violin that one of Magna's group had by accident. Its revealed he's been carrying old instruments with him during the trip. As he brings up that humanity needs this to remember what they come from.

- Michonne doesn't want to face Maggie due to the whole situation. Its revealed she has left to her shock. Before the doctor can reveal what happened with her and Hershel...a herd arrives !

- Magna's group for the most part are skilled fighters...except for the chief and music lover. He's like Eugene from years ago. Magna finds her boyfriend who died in the attack earlier by the herd. Its pretty sad....

- Henry basically wants to impress Enid as we now realize why he's coming to Hilltop to learn. As he brings up he's taller and bigger since her last time. Carol seems to realize this and teases him..."Your adorable..."

- Daryl and Jesus decide to go out . Leaving Tara to run things..."DOG....." and they take off to go find Eugene. (I gotta admit I love Daryl and his dog who he commands)

Tara's second in charge in Hilltop, not Enid.

Did you mean DJ when you said ypunger version of Rick? DJ has been around for some time now.

Music teacher is Luke and yes the other 4 are better fighters it seems.

Magna wasn't in love with Bernie. Bernie was like family to them. Magna is already in a relationship with Yumiko as sene in this episode and talked about in the big interviews EW released.

Solid episode. I enjoyed it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Spoilers....

-

-

-

-

-

-

- Something has happened with Michonne and the Hilltop in the 6 years. Something that has made her and them kinda not get along. Unlike the comics , all of the communities no longer try and help each other. Instead Rick's dream of the world has collapsed as each settlement looks out for themselves.

- Daryl is jokingly called the man on the mountain. He comes in to trade and his visits are not regular and keep going longer.

- Henry is obviously hurt by the realizing that Enid has a serious boyfriend now (Aiden) . So he goes out with some kids for fun. Realizing they don't realize the danger that walkers represent so he puts one down. Earl Sutton gives him a fatherly lesson and claims drunk and disorderly in Kingdom is 2 days in jail.

- Daryl realizes at one key point that this isn't actual walkers as we see. Like....he knows with how they are walking its people.

- Jesus fights to give his people time and sadly is cut down tragically by a Whisperer. Its revealed that its a human wearing skin by Daryl. To the shock of those there.

The next half season seems to tell us... "There is a new enemy were facing.... THE WHISPERERS..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The show doesn't so much diverge from the source material as it turns the source material plot lines on its head. For better or for worse. Ultimately tho I liked tonight's episode, and glad to see the show go back to its zombie horror roots. Which if you're honest hasn't been horror since the first 2 seasons.

9A ended up being my favorite half of a season TWD ever made.

This was good. Sorry to see Jesus go, that seemed like a mistake as he was one of the few really good actors the show employs. But oh well. The whisperers look a bit more sinister than they came off in the comics, I hope that is the case.

Darryl and dog are just a fantastic team.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The show's adjustment is working for me so far.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Looks like some episodes, perhaps next season, might deal with the gap years. Maybe that's the context in which Maggie might return.

I'm guessing that eventually Oceanside, or others, 'finished the job' with most of the other Savior rebels apart from the Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom loyalists like Alden, DJ, Laura and the imprisoned Negan, destroying the Sanctuary causing the others to sort of become raiders. Kind of wonder what happened with the wives. Perhaps this led to the breakdown of communication between the communities. Has Oceanside even been mentioned lately?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like some episodes, perhaps next season, might deal with the gap years. Maybe that's the context in which Maggie might return.

I'm guessing that eventually Oceanside, or others, 'finished the job' with most of the other Savior rebels apart from the Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom loyalists like Alden, DJ, Laura and the imprisoned Negan, destroying the Sanctuary causing the others to sort of become raiders. Kind of wonder what happened with the wives. Perhaps this led to the breakdown of communication between the communities. Has Oceanside even been mentioned lately?

Not that I have seen. I am thinking the same thing and that the community was wiped out by the Whisperers unknown to everyone. I fully expect them to bring up how they took out Oceanside. Unknown to everyone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not that I have seen. I am thinking the same thing and that the community was wiped out by the Whisperers unknown to everyone. I fully expect them to bring up how they took out Oceanside. Unknown to everyone.
    Nope. Oceanside was mentioned in the last episode. They are doing their own thing now. The new kid Rodney said he wanted to visit there and joked about how they are all women.

Oceanside is fine. They were one of the largest communities, they are not wiped out. They are just doing their own thing now, actually accepting visitors/new people in their ranks. Like how the comicbook Oceanside is never really seen but we know they exist

I'm guessing though that their actions against the Saviors was partially responsible for the breakdown between the communities, which I'll guess we'll see in flashback.

Thought they were building toward Aaron and Jesus becoming a couple, which I think is what the comics are doing although I'm not sure as I haven't reached that part yet.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-28-2018 at 02:27 PM.

So Dwight is joining FTWD and will have interactions with Aaron. I wonder if it'll take place concurrently to the current TWD, or like it started, would happen before the 6-year time jump.

Wow, interesting. Let's hope he finds his wife. I suppose that journey is what brings him to FTWD.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Well, Ryan Hurst does look pretty amazing as Beta.

Cautiously optimistic.

AMC announced that the Walking Dead will return for a 10th season next year.

In other news AMC released episode #9 a week early on the AMC streaming service during the Super Bowl Sunday. The episode was leaked on youtube as well. So its bound to have a ratings drop due to the leaks and release of it early.