Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Well...

From the sound of the potential Daryl/Alpha dynamic when the show comes back, this could be worth watching.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With the talk Michonne is leaving the series soon (actress Danai Gurira who could be leaving to do Marvel films) the show really is losing a strong black female character. They really don't have that dynamic to bring in either. So the show may have to do something they never imagined a few years ago. That is...do a wild move and use a character we haven't seen in the series before but has that lure to make folks go....hmmm ok this can work.

They should in season #10 introduce Clementine. Yes she's a video game character but they are gonna need that strong black character and she's really one of the best ones they have in that universe. They can easily bring her in and have her appear as someone who arrives and has everyone stunned at how easy she will kill someone in drop of a hat. Michonne will view her as a little sister type and before she departs (death or not) she can ask her to call for RJ. Which she will agree to do.

(You can later do a lil origin piece where we see her with Lee , who cared for her. With the changes in the show/game deal , you can question if he's still alive out there awhile)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Her exit has just been confirmed, although she will appear in season 10 for a few episodes, probably having a last arc similar to Rick's.

I'm thinking maybe she discovers some form of evidence that Rick survived, and goes to search for him? Maybe something similar to her last arc in the comics, with Rick in the place of Elodie?

I doubt she'll be the only one leaving the show soon; I'm pretty sure the season is building towards the fair massacre from the comics. Of course they'd keep that as more of a surprise. I'm wondering if it'll have the same impact as the season 6/season 7 Lucille deaths.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah, she'll probably exit to go find or be taken to Rick. Only thing is they'll have to do it in a way in which it makes some semblance of sense as to why Judith can't go with because surely they're not getting rid of her, she's probably what they're planning to build around next to Daryl. And it'd be lazy to play it exactly the same way as Rick's survival in that its a mystery, everyone else thinks she died and thus they just move on.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, she'll probably exit to go find or be taken to Rick. Only thing is they'll have to do it in a way in which it makes some semblance of sense as to why Judith can't go with because surely they're not getting rid of her, she's probably what they're planning to build around next to Daryl. And it'd be lazy to play it exactly the same way as Rick's survival in that its a mystery, everyone else thinks she died and thus they just move on.
    Its why I'd introduce Clementine and bring up how she needs a group ala Michonne. That way the older Michonne can say how she sees herself in that young girl who appears. That that when she 1st showed up she didn't think she needed anyone. Also add the responsibility of caring for a young kid in RJ ...it can work.

They can even use Clementine's deal about Lee , where Michonne brings up...if you had a chance to look for Lee ...wouldn't you do that ? If you had a lead that he was somewhere ? So she can leave to search for him as Clementine understands.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Walking Dead things ....

-

-

-

-

-

- Michonne opens the episode narrating what has happened thus far. It jumps around some things like Negan's escape and the events with Rick.

- Negan and Judith share a moment before he leaves. As Negan tells her , she is the closest he's been to someone in some time. That his part is done as he helped make the point Rick n Michonne wanted. The world is a wonderland inside the walls. Judith decides that Negan's been held long enough and lets him go. As she makes the decision.

- Daryl makes his 1st leadership decision during a skirmish and stops Michonne from likely killing one of the Whisperers left. He tells her , she's coming with us so they can get information on who they are dealing with and why.

- Negan seems to bask in glow of being out awhile then returns to a site he hasn't been in ...in a long while. It physically makes him sick as he remembers how he killed Glenn n Abraham there then. Touching off that war years earlier.

- Negan escapes from some Resident Evil inspired dogs on the hunt for human meat lol. It was pretty funny to see him have to hide n get away from them . I wonder how many thought of Resident Evil in seeing the hungry dogs ?

- They try to interrogate the prisoner (Whisperer) but she's completely cracked due to years of her programming as this. Its clear the group needs someone who can mentally bring someone back from this to get answers. They will try again later.

- Elsewhere Aiden and the music guy discuss the Fair and search. They see a herd in distance after that guy throws a spear in epic style.

- Negan revisits his old home and sees its fallen on very old times. He does his Savior whistle but soon realizes how bad it really is. Hidden behind a fake wall that only he seemed to know about he gets a motorcycle. There he finds Big Ritchie , left there in a room as a walker. "Loyal to the end...."

- Michonne plans to go back to Alexandria and get them prepared for this new threat. She takes time to convince Daryl he needs to step up beside Tara and become a leader at Hilltop. That with Jesus gone he has to do this.

- Negan sets in his old home and after putting walkers down decides to keep Big Ritchie in a closet locked so he can stay. But he realizes that this isn't the way and he needs to move on so he puts him down finally.

- ABC comically ran ads during Walking Dead to try n lure fans to Lauren Cohen's new show. It was smart thinking really as they wanna sell that. Plus Cohen's statements she is considering a spin-off series or return down the road ; ABC wants the new show to work.

- Daryl takes more leadership and interrogates the girl alone. Using threats of death . Til the girl cracks revealing information as Henry pleads for em to stop. Daryl finally tells him to know his place , shut up and learn about why he's here in that cell. The girl finally reveals her name.....she is....Lydia. ALPHA'S DAUGHTER.

- Judith runs into Negan on the road who he admits she was right ; there is nothing out there now. That he is returning to Alexandria.

- Aiden and Luke (music guy) are ambushed by Alpha and the group. "Your trail ends here..."

So basically here is some spoilers ahead that could happen.

-

-

spoilers:
    In the comics Negan kills Alpha in a surprise move. In that comic he gets close and beheads her. Tonight during the show Negan tells Judith that he won't kill anyone again and promises her that. So my theory is this...

Negan will at some point get close to Alpha and she will remark how she plans to kill everyone and even Judith. Negan as we see remarked how he's never been as close to someone as he has with Judith. That she is like a daughter to him. This will set Negan off who won't allow that so he kills Alpha pretty much for daring to say this.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So basically here is some spoilers ahead that could happen.

-
    Based on something that I tripped over, you might want to avoid anything talking about where the "Television" end of things might be going for the rest of the season.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Overall, this was a good episode for the second half of the season. Darryl is stepping up a bit so we'll see how that goes. Just one little nit pick. Weren't Alden and Luke on horseback in earlier scenes of the search? Why were they on foot spoilers:
    when they got surrounded by Whisperers??
    end of spoilers

I'm at roughly this point in the comics storyline, looks like Henry has pretty much become the Carl analog along with Judith. The whole blacksmith thing and the possible relationship with Lydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Overall, this was a good episode for the second half of the season. Darryl is stepping up a bit so we'll see how that goes. Just one little nit pick. Weren't Alden and Luke on horseback in earlier scenes of the search? Why were they on foot spoilers:
    when they got surrounded by Whisperers??
    end of spoilers
    They had gotten off their horses and were walking into the woods clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm at roughly this point in the comics storyline, looks like Henry has pretty much become the Carl analog along with Judith. The whole blacksmith thing and the possible relationship with Lydia.
    Yeah we all kinda called it when Henry went to train under Earl Sutton.

Rosita being pregnant is also kind of ominous knowing what happened in the comics. Not sure Luke is going to stick around for long either (Especially given Dan Fogler's movie career).

Some Walking Dead tidbits....

-

-

-

-

- You can tell there is a difference with this show than last few years. Usually the origins of Governor . Negan , Gareth etc are never shown. In fact we only learn of the origins of the characters from them at some passing point. Governor would show his daughter who had turned and we learned little about him beyond that her passing made him the unstable ******* he became. Negan would mention his wife to Gabriel , Gareth would claim they had been normal people who grew so hungry and they turned Terminus into that.

Tonight they revealed the origin of ALPHA. The show basically showed how Alpha slowly lost her grip on sanity in the early days of the outbreak as she lost her husband at 1st according to Lydia. Then its revealed...she killed her own husband.. Her daughter Lydia goes from praising her methods to a sudden realization that these people are not like her abusive mother. Henry makes her snap from the Whisperer programming her insane mom ran into her.

Daryl identifies with her in ways. He too came from an abusive home as brought up years earlier. So he knew the beatings she had taken and how . Plus he used Henry as a balance interrogation technique to break Lydia. In all Daryl says it best at the end as a preview telling Alpha to her face... "You can't have her."

There was a comic miniseries about Negan a while back that told his backstory. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has expressed interest in doing it.

With AMC moving into spinoff TV movies (Not only TWD but Breaking Bad as well) I wonder if they'll do that or something similar to "Red Machete".

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was a comic miniseries about Negan a while back that told his backstory. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has expressed interest in doing it.

With AMC moving into spinoff TV movies (Not only TWD but Breaking Bad as well) I wonder if they'll do that or something similar to "Red Machete".
    I would definitely be interested in a two hour "Here's Negan" film.