Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Walking Dead : Season #9 : "Whispers in the Dark"

Well since were a couple weeks away from the 9th season of the Walking Dead , its time to gear our selves up for what could be a transitional season for the show and where it could go ahead.

- Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohen are leaving after so many episodes this season. People are wondering how their characters of Rick Grimes and Maggie Rhee will be written out. This has left folks with a big ??? on what will happen.

- Can the show keep Danai Gurira (Michonne) ? Her star is rising as she's been in Black Panther and many are wondering if the show can keep her around now.

- Will Negan step back into a leadership role due to the departure of Rick Grimes ahead ?

- The show is reportedly paying Norman Reedus $20 million to stick around as Daryl Dixon , will his character become the leader and how much will he change by the end of season #9 ?

So lets examine the trailer for season #9

Also folks the most important new cast member added this season.....DARYL GETS A DOG !

So folks buckle up , prepare...its time for the 9th season of Walking Dead. This year should be awesome with new villains and more . Plus just DO IT as Nike says here about Rick lol...

41269147_1978893195495905_3811192947261571072_n.jpg
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If all of that got laid out only to wind up not mentioning that Ryan Hurst will be playing Beta, the focus might be misplaced.

I barely stayed around last season, I think I'm done.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

As were less than 3 weeks away from the launch of season #9 , AMC has announced that the Walking Dead as a whole is FAR....FAR from over. They have plans for the next decade it appears of this universe . Its said a couple years back AMC claimed they viewed the Walking Dead as a Doctor Who type series that would exist for years. So the network seems intent on making sure to tell fans that the series will still be around.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not quite that far in the comics quite yet, but as I understand it Negan becomes somewhat redeemed later on (and there's a few hints about that last season, such as even Carl willing to give him a chance in his "vision") and I can see JDM as more of a lead than Reedus.

With the Whisperers arcs coming up, I wonder if they'll do the issue #144 scene (If you google it BTW it's probably NSFW). Although which characters are involved might be different, given the TV characters sometimes "take" the deaths of other characters (For instance, Sasha's storyline in the TV series is pretty much Holly's in the comics; whereas Holly in the TV series only has a very minor role as a victim of the Wolves).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-15-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not quite that far in the comics quite yet, but as I understand it Negan becomes somewhat redeemed later on (and there's a few hints about that last season, such as even Carl willing to give him a chance in his "vision") and I can see JDM as more of a lead than Reedus.

With the Whisperers arcs coming up, I wonder if they'll do the issue #144 scene (If you google it BTW it's probably NSFW). Although which characters are involved might be different, given the TV characters sometimes "take" the deaths of other characters (For instance, Sasha's storyline in the TV series is pretty much Holly's in the comics; whereas Holly in the TV series only has a very minor role as a victim of the Wolves).

I see that happening as well. I think Negan will become the leader of Alexandria and admit how wrong he was. He really liked Carl. We saw that in the scene where he started to ask.."Was it me ? Did I cause it ?" Because he started to break down over the thought he killed someone he really liked.

I do think we'll see Negan in a scene at Carl's grave and him pledging to be a better man like the boy believed he could.

If they play their cards right in handling the departure of Maggie, they could really build up to something even better than the comics in regards to Negan's redemption story. Take a few seasons for him to really earn his place, and right when he has, Maggie returns from wherever it is she goes off to (as I don't think she's going to die, same as Rick).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe she'll join Georgie's community (I think Georgie's book was in a recent promo as well).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm getting pretty tired of the show...with Rick leaving I'll likely exit when he does. There is no way Darryl is a leader, and if they go that route, it will be ridiculous. The dude acts like a 12 year old child. He's going to develop into a leader in a handful of episodes? No way. They should have killed Darryl about 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of the show...with Rick leaving I'll likely exit when he does. There is no way Darryl is a leader, and if they go that route, it will be ridiculous. The dude acts like a 12 year old child. He's going to develop into a leader in a handful of episodes? No way. They should have killed Darryl about 5 years ago.
    I think the newest theory is Negan will become the leader , that this year he'll seek redemption and have to prove himself. A lot of folks will be wary but I get the feeling that he's being groomed to be the guy who steps in awhile.

With a week away before the premiere of the show , Scott Gimple (who now oversees the WD Universe of everything) teased that he has a big announcement coming soon.

https://undeadwalking.com/2018/09/30...-talking-dead/

I need a shakeup to hold my interest. Andrew leaving seems to be an answer, as long as it's done well. As for Lauren Cohan, well, I've said several times they better not kill off Maggie. Sounds like they are working around that issue.

I am glad that the remaining interesting characters (Carol, Ezekiel, for instance) are safe....for now.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With a week away before the premiere of the show , Scott Gimple (who now oversees the WD Universe of everything) teased that he has a big announcement coming soon.

https://undeadwalking.com/2018/09/30...-talking-dead/
    Hopefully it will be the cancellation of FTWD, because that show's really taken a nosedive, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Hopefully it will be the cancellation of FTWD, because that show's really taken a nosedive, and then some.
    Couldn't disagree more. This season has been a blast and the new cast members have been a real breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. This season has been a blast and the new cast members have been a real breath of fresh air.
    Agreed.