Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

So - worth checking out again?

I gave up on this show sometime during the Negan war
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

^Basically it's a bit less humans vs. humans this time although there's pretty much been an uneasy peace going on. There's also more of an element of mystery that's returned I think, with whoever the helicopter people are (Whisperers? Commonwealth? Something else entirely?) much like Terminus & The Wolves in earlier seasons. Sort of a looming threat (Neither really showed up in the comics; although there was a group of cannibals they weren't as organized as Terminus was at first).

I'm also wondering if it's possible that the helicopter people might be responsible for the "Wildfire" virus in the first place. Some have noted that the symbol sort of resembles a biological hazard or radiation sign....and maybe they have the cure? (Which would presumably de-animate the existing walkers and make sure when people die they pretty much stay dead). Maybe Eugene was half-right?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^Basically it's a bit less humans vs. humans this time although there's pretty much been an uneasy peace going on. There's also more of an element of mystery that's returned I think, with whoever the helicopter people are (Whisperers? Commonwealth? Something else entirely?) much like Terminus & The Wolves in earlier seasons. Sort of a looming threat (Neither really showed up in the comics; although there was a group of cannibals they weren't as organized as Terminus was at first).

I'm also wondering if it's possible that the helicopter people might be responsible for the "Wildfire" virus in the first place. Some have noted that the symbol sort of resembles a biological hazard or radiation sign....and maybe they have the cure? (Which would presumably de-animate the existing walkers and make sure when people die they pretty much stay dead). Maybe Eugene was half-right?

My insane theory is ......

-

- The helicopter is part of the CDC Network. They got it after the outbreak. Rick will awake in Colorado in a hospital and we see a near same repeat where he stumbles outta bed and believes the place is empty. Instead there will nurses and more. He will be stunned and learns some things.

1) The CDC are still around and using copters and more to try and rebuild what is left of society but Rick discovers its not with the best intentions.

2) Dr. Jenner's wife from the 1st season was not Test subject 19. Jenner lied as we meet his real wife. She claims Jenner refused to come along to Colorado and work due to ethics issues he had. She learned later he self destructed the lab where it was located.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

The comics have become repetitive. If the show is going off the page it brings mystery and intrigue back. But.....I'll believe the show has found it's quality again when I see it. It's been a long, long time now.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The comics have become repetitive. If the show is going off the page it brings mystery and intrigue back. But.....I'll believe the show has found it's quality again when I see it. It's been a long, long time now.
    I dunno man, plenty of geek sites still say the comics have been reinvigorated. So, I'd advise people to judge for yourself.

The comics are setting up the next big arc and villains basically. Its taking some time for it all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Haven't checked in on this thread but just wanted to say I was glad I didn't encounter any spoilers before watching Sunday's episode. I was tickled to death that Shane was in there and I really almost cried when Hershel also had a talk with Rick. That idyllic farm as the background was the perfect setting for Herschel's heaven, where he was made whole again.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. I was getting more interested in Fear the Walking Dead than TWD the past couple of years. But with all the cast members FTWD they bumped off lately, I'll have to see what the next season will be like. Enjoyed the crossover with Morgan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I dunno man, plenty of geek sites still say the comics have been reinvigorated. So, I'd advise people to judge for yourself.
    Link? I have seen nothing of the sort.

In fact, this today.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 11-08-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Link? I have seen nothing of the sort.

In fact, this today.
    I've been enjoying them.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So - worth checking out again?

I gave up on this show sometime during the Negan war
    Me too. Might try to catch the last Rick episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed the episode - I was moved by Rick's death. And then happy that he was alive. And I won't even ask why none of his clothes or skin were even slightly singed and why he didn't bleed out and why none of the walkers washed up on shore alongside him and began eating him. :-)

Here is my hope: Please let these characters be past Rick's death. I don't want to see Michonne mooning over him. It's been SIX years. People move on and begin new relationships and find new loves. This is a woman who lost her son, who cut the arms and jaws off her boyfriend (her child's father) and his best friend. She is not someone who should STILL be in complete mourning. I say this only because I saw a post somewhere else saying she should never love anyone again. What the hell?

Also, Negan should be out of prison when the new episodes begin. I get that they had to break him down before letting him go (I understand that his restoration had to be different than how it happened in the comics). I hope he regains some of his swagger.

Anyway, so long as they act like time has moved on, this new direction has me excited about what comes next. Not even seeing the things that have happened in the comics. This is a whole new show to me and can go in any direction it wants now.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I really enjoyed the episode - I was moved by Rick's death. And then happy that he was alive. And I won't even ask why none of his clothes or skin were even slightly singed and why he didn't bleed out and why none of the walkers washed up on shore alongside him and began eating him. :-)

Here is my hope: Please let these characters be past Rick's death. I don't want to see Michonne mooning over him. It's been SIX years. People move on and begin new relationships and find new loves. This is a woman who lost her son, who cut the arms and jaws off her boyfriend (her child's father) and his best friend. She is not someone who should STILL be in complete mourning. I say this only because I saw a post somewhere else saying she should never love anyone again. What the hell?

Also, Negan should be out of prison when the new episodes begin. I get that they had to break him down before letting him go (I understand that his restoration had to be different than how it happened in the comics). I hope he regains some of his swagger.

Anyway, so long as they act like time has moved on, this new direction has me excited about what comes next. Not even seeing the things that have happened in the comics. This is a whole new show to me and can go in any direction it wants now.
    totally agree...it can't be "we jumped six years so Judith could grow up...but everyone will be acting like two weeks have passed." There needs to be a new status quo that we are thrown into here.

Yep new status quo and changes. There should be WTF moments like ...how did they become a couple ? When did that happen ? As far as Negan goes , he needs to be locked away. Something happens and he saves Judith in a spot. Which stuns Michonne and everyone. (Maggie its claimed could be gone by this point) and if her new show doesn't work ...she returns shocked Negan is out and a member of the community. (a fact that same scene played in comics...)

Wonder if it's possible Michionne had Rick's kid? There seemed to be foreshadowing that a bit, although we won't know for sure for a few days.

For that matter, Hershel the second will probably appear older later on too. Especially since the time skip is longer than the comics now.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

To me the show needs a power hook for the next era...and well...as much as folks may hate this idea. Here goes.....6 Years later...

Daryl & Maggie are a couple : In fact they may have teased Aiden but in the end , Daryl has became a step father to Hershel. A fact Carol and others tease him about at times , "So still adjusting to being a father Mr. Dixon ?" A fact Daryl will still try and retain his edge out there hunting and more. A fact we see him teaching a 7-8 year old Hershel how to hunt like himself. A fact Maggie is not keen on him taking her young son out behind the walls but , well....as he tells her...he has to learn to survive.

This presents the show with a new power couple and new dynamic. A man trying to keep his family alive is still there present as its moved to Daryl and him adjusting to things. A fact he'd bring up to Maggie how he didn't like how things were and wanted it back at the start. But now having a family has transformed his way of thinking and why he now sees what Rick dreamed about. Because he has to do it for Hershel and Maggie. And possibly if they have a child.

Now this can be used to convince Cohen to return and tell her...your gonna be a KEY power deal now . Your gonna carry things ahead.